• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Newcastle and West Ham are on UK TV today as well but at the same time as the Emirates Cup games.

They are on Quest TV
never heard of it before.

Sounds like a channel that runs the Crystal Maze 24/7

Tegris

The Crusaders just lost the Super Rugby final due to a 79th minute ruck infringement by Richie McCaw. Maybe it's comeuppance for the last 10 years of his career, but... :(

Eight of those for Benfica innit? :p

Eight European finals total I think, but only five European Cups. Still an amazing curse though!

Great way to pick your dates. Push the dates back three years and then the total goes up to 2 :D

Shhhhh.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
the 5-2 comeback against Spurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v11SaJa8dH4

Ronaldo - Berbatov - Rooney - Tevez

so hot

TZKFxqp.gif

Don't forget your MVP, Howard Webb. I think that's the only mistake I've seen him apologise for.

So glad that hoodoo is gone now. Back to back wins at OT in the last 2 seasons.

Ushojax

The AVB especially was a fantastic win.

Yeah, the Moyes one was nothing special because of his shitness, but to beat Fergie in his final season was wonderful. Sandro and Dembele were amazing that day and we were still keeping Friedel in goal at the time.

Linius

For some reason I'm pretty nervous for the supercup game tomorrow. I wouldn't know how to cope with losing to Zwolle twice. The possibility is real. Halp.

Walshy

Nah don't want Bony.

Think he's massively overpriced and I don't think he fits our style of play.

No idea who else we'd get, or if we even need anyone else. But just not Bony.
Lazcrette is the other option, who is similar to Remy.

I agree with you that he doesn't fit our style, but there isn't many 20 goal a season strikers out there.

Rossi maybe? But his injury record is appaling.

Arnie

Newcastle and West Ham are on UK TV today as well but at the same time as the Emirates Cup games.

They are on Quest TV
never heard of it before.

I watched Squid Attack on that the other day. Was boss.

Will probably watch the Emirates Cup, though. Arsenal at 4pm is solid. How much were tickets?

I watched Squid Attack on that the other day. Was boss.

Will probably watch the Emirates Cup, though. Arsenal at 4pm is solid. How much were tickets?

£29 each plus booking fee of like £2 per ticket. Only going cause I have a friend who is a Arsenal fan and so does my brother! Always wanted to go to the Emirates though, looks like a lovely stadium!

Arnie

£29 each plus booking fee of like £2 per ticket. Only going cause I have a friend who is a Arsenal fan and so does my brother! Always wanted to go to the Emirates though, looks like a lovely stadium!

Bit pricey that, for me.

Emirates is alright. It's 'nice' and it's 'big' but it isn't a good stadium. Stamford Bridge is a good stadium. The Emirates is a big characterless oval.

Wish I'd been to Highbury.

Arnie

£31 is a very good price to see 2 games involving big teams at the Emirates.

I'm definitely going next year.

Forgot it's a double match.

That actually is quite good value. Considering I paid £15 for a gash takeaway last night, I wish I'd saved my money and got down the Emirates today.

Salvadora

Pre season friendly

Pricey indeed

Why not go to an actual league match or at least the Carling Milk Capital One Cup?
Ideally, I'd go to one of those too.

The early August dates are quite handy and I've generally enjoyed watching the Emirates Cup over the years. Has a higher quality level than other pre-season friendlies.

Good chance to see new signings too.

Every game I have been to the Emirates has been worth the price.

If I ever move back to the UK, then the £2500 for club level is the first thing I buy.

L1NETT

If I ever move back to the UK, then the £2500 for club level is the first thing I buy.

Bloody hell Johnny Flash dollar

2500 quid?????

That's a decades worth of season ticket at Valley Parade

a DECADE

Bloody hell Johnny Flash dollar

2500 quid?????

That's a decades worth of season ticket at Valley Parade

a DECADE

It is the only way to guarantee tickets for all home games, plus it lets you buy away tickets and semi and final tickets.

Plus you sit in nice comfy chairs :D

Arnie

Can you just buy a season ticket like that?

Like, theoretically, if I had £2500 of disposable cash now I could go and buy one?

Can you just buy a season ticket like that?

Like, theoretically, if I had £2500 of disposable cash now I could go and buy one?

No, you have to be on the waiting list for season tickets. I was once quoted a decade waiting time.

Club Level is a lot easier to get so if you have the money you can sign up now and would be guaranteed a season ticket next season.

Jarnet87

It's the transfer window in my FIFA manager career, and I think I'm going to sign former FM/FIFA/PES Legends to fill my squad for Cup ties. I will Start with the one and only.........

Baumjohann.

Arnie

That makes sense.

So there's a waiting list for a standard season ticket, however there's an uber expensive option that you can buy now, one that the average joe can't afford.

Season ticket waiting lists are insane. Liverpool don't even allow me to register for it, such is its current size.

There's a waiting list I think. Around 40,000 people on it according to the club.

Edit: Beaten

a decade waiting time?!

Fucking hell.

Yeah around a decade because you have to wait for current season ticket holders not to renew. A friend of mine told me that it has been getting quicker to get season tickets because of the poor form and people pissed off with prices.

That makes sense.

So there's a waiting list for a standard season ticket, however there's an uber expensive option that you can buy now, one that the average joe can't afford.

Season ticket waiting lists are insane. Liverpool don't even allow me to register for it, such is its current size.

Yeah, there is a 1000 cap for the expensive ones, but if you book early you are guaranteed.

Arnie

Today's one of those days.

Arsenal v Benfica 4pm
Inter v Roma 6pm
United v Real Madrid 9pm
Liverpool v AC Milan 11:30pm

I do need to go to Anfield one day. My Dad is a Liverpool fan so it would be nice to get a pair of tickets and go see a game with him! How hard is it usually?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
SKY Italia: #Mufc are interested in #Vidal and may spend a lot on the player but #mufc have not made a bid yet.

Among other bullshit today, reminds me a tad of religion, people see what they want, ignore what they dont, and when asked to provide evidence cant. So far the only thing I have learned from this whole debacle is that we havent made a bid, but apparently we are really really interested.

I never was one for blind faith.

Ushojax

Today's game on TV anywhere? Is it at least on Spurs TV?

Sadly not, apparently it's on in a few countries in Europe so a dodgy stream is the only way to watch it.

#THFC team v @celticfc: Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Davies, Mason, Capoue, Holtby, Kane, Townsend, Soldado. #COYS

#THFC subs: McGee, Fredericks, Fryers, Rose, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Sandro, Adebayor #COYS

Walker must have picked up a knock, good to see Sandro, Ade and Bentaleb again.

I'm still really confused about the Matic signing. I am really happy he is here now as he seems amazing and with Fabregas I think he will be even better but I don't understand his reasoning of coming back. Surely you wouldn't want to go back to a club that thought you were not worth anything?

LAM09

I'm still really confused about the Matic signing. I am really happy he is here now as he seems amazing and with Fabregas I think he will be even better but I don't understand his reasoning of coming back. Surely you wouldn't want to go back to a club that thought you were not worth anything?

He wanted to prove himself. People do get second chances. ;)

Ushojax

Well he proved them wrong, didn't he? It's not like the coaching staff are the same ones that thought he was useless.

I was at that 5-2 game. God that was good fun. Was amazing to watch Ronaldo live - you need to see the best players in the flesh to fully appreciate it. Just a force of nature. Only gods knows what it's like to watch Messi the little genius.

I hope we smash Spurs this season and sure up our position as the nations 6th team.

Plasma

Banned
Best thing to do if you want Arsenal tickets is to sign up for red membership then make a note of when the tickets go on sale, if you log in just before 10 on the day they go on sale you should get a ticket.

Difficult.

The majority of tickets for the first half of the season are now sold. Best bet is to look at a limited release on general sale. Be about two weeks before the match.

that sucks. takes a while to get up to Liverpool so having as much time as possible would be easiest. i'll keep my eye out thanks!

He wanted to prove himself. People do get second chances. ;)

Well he proved them wrong, didn't he? It's not like the coaching staff are the same ones that thought he was useless.

if he wanted to prove them wrong wouldn't he be better off going elsewhere and fucking Chelsea over? I love him and happy he signed but if I was him I would be wanting to go to another EPL club and show them how good I really am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom