• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck was shunted to the wings, and that is if he did get any game time at all. He ended up with just one goal that season.

I agree with most of your post but this is more due to the fact that he was shitty in finishing in 2013.

Man, We might actually not be in the mess we are in if Sir Alex managed to keep Pogba, get Varane instead of Phil Jones, and disregard RVP.

Now we are left with too many AMC's and Strikers, shitty wingers and CM.

10532797_746100425452429_4358090491804795108_n.jpg

About fucking time.

I agree with most of your post but this is more due to the fact that he was shitty in finishing in 2013.

Man, We might actually not be in the mess we are in if Sir Alex managed to keep Pogba, get Varane instead of Phil Jones, and disregard RVP.

Now we are left with too many AMC's and Strikers, shitty wingers and CM.

I'll never forget Fergie for what he has done for this club clearly GOAT.

But... his failure to maintain the team especially when it comes to the defence and opting to bring Scholes back and not buying a new CM really irks me.

Shouldn't Man Utd be desperate for a leftback?

Even if they play with wingbacks, Shaw is still the only one I can see who's perhaps capable of doing that on the left

Was it really bad?

I didn't want to click on the link after reading the descriptions. I have had a lifetime of seeing nasty breaks following Arsenal.

Yeah it's a bad as we've seen in the Prem don't click it my friend.

I only saw the image and that was enough, I think I'd feel ill if I watched the video.

I only saw the image and that was enough, I think I'd feel ill if I watched the video.

It's pretty bad, not as bad as Cisse's, and nowhere near as bad as Eduardo's

Eduardo was a centimetre or two away from having a severed foot iirc

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
After their embarrassing CL first leg Celtic have sent their kids to play us today. Ade is going to destroy them.

Think I will skip it then.

It's pretty bad, not as bad as Cisse's, and nowhere near as bad as Eduardo's

Eduardo was a centimetre or two away from having a severed foot iirc

Eduardo's was horrible. I remember watching it live and fearing the worst for him. Gary Lewin did a great job that day.

Didn't Cisse have it happen to both legs?

Manager

Anyone know when your Dutch, Brazilian, German or Argentinian players are due back to your clubs?

City will get back both Belgium, French and final four teams on Monday, don't get why the BRA/ARG/GER/DUT teams get a week less vacation than the Belgium and French players.

Anyone know when your Dutch, Brazilian, German or Argentinian players are due back to your clubs?

City will get back both Belgium, French and final four spot teams on Monday, don't get why the BRA/ARG/GER/DUT teams get a week less vacation than the Belgium and French players.

our Belgians are already back and our Brazilian and German players are back on Monday it seems. Jose isn't giving anyone extensive breaks :lol

Lightning

Banned

City will get back both Belgium, French and final four teams on Monday, don't get why the BRA/ARG/GER/DUT teams get a week less vacation than the Belgium and French players.
Reports I read is that Özil, Podolski and Mertesacker are due back on the 11th. Our French players are already back.

Depends on the clubs I guess.

Arnie

It is crazy we are giving them so long to get back.
In fairness I understand why you'd do it for someone like Ozil who's physically quite fragile. He's played a lot of football and no break now might see him go another 6 months without really imposing himself on games.

Don't think his Arsenal career can withstand another season like last. If we have the same perception of Ozil come next pre-season then he's been a huge disappointment.

Don't suppose you can order the others back without bringing Ozil with them. Although with Vermaelen on the way out you really need to fold Mertesacker back into the team sooner rather than later.

Hitcher raised a really good point before. Say Shaw picks up a 3 month injury on the first weekend, who plays left wingback for United?

Arnie

Yea you need to stop worrying.

You'll sign Vermaelen before the end of the window.

Actually, to my last point, I suppose he will be your Shaw cover, too.

It's the club's and the players' decision when to get back. Klopp even divided up the German players, or rather Ginter, Großkreutz and Durm are joining early for various reasons.

Ginter already joined the team yesterday, Großkreutz and Durm will be back on Monday and Weidenfeller and Hummels got an extra week and will be back on the 11th.

Linius

Blind was back from holiday yesterday. He, Veltman and Cillessen have till Monday to return though. They'll miss the first league game sadly. But maybe because Blind is back early he might start now next week. I hope so.

In fairness I understand why you'd do it for someone like Ozil who's physically quite fragile. He's played a lot of football and no break now might see him go another 6 months without really imposing himself on games.

Don't think his Arsenal career can withstand another season like last. If we have the same perception of Ozil come next pre-season then he's been a huge disappointment.

Don't suppose you can order the others back without bringing Ozil with them. Although with Vermaelen on the way out you really need to fold Mertesacker back into the team sooner rather than later.

Hitcher raised a really good point before. Say Shaw picks up a 3 month injury on the first weekend, who plays left wingback for United?

I think one of the key things for a player like Ozil is to develop a sense of understanding with his team mates. He needs to know the type of runs they make and their movements. I often thought he looked confused at times last season with not knowing what other players wanted. Pre season is the best time to develop bonds and experiment with the rest of the squad. I understand not rushing him back to start the season, but he should still be training with the everyone. The signing of Sanchez shows that the squad is being built around him, but it is gonna take months for them to to be on the same wavelength.

I fear we won't see the best out of Ozil or Sanchez until next season.

Manager

Some nice friendlies today:
Valencia - Monaco
Arsenal - Benfica
Inter - Roma
Olympiakos - Man City
Real Madrid - Man Utd
Liverpool - Milan

our Belgians are already back and our Brazilian and German players are back on Monday it seems. Jose isn't giving anyone extensive breaks :lol

Reports I read is that Özil, Podolski and Mertesacker are due back on the 11th. Our French players are already back.

Depends on the clubs I guess.

It's the club's and the players' decision when to get back. Klopp even divided up the German players, or rather Ginter, Großkreutz and Durm are joining early for various reasons.

Ginter already joined the team yesterday, Großkreutz and Durm will be back on Monday and Weidenfeller and Hummels got an extra week and will be back on the 11th.

Looks like all clubs have solved it differently, thought most would go for extended one week. City have given everyone one extended week besides the final four teams (who played two more matches...).

Arnie

I think one of the key things for a player like Ozil is to develop a sense of understanding with his team mates. He needs to know the type of runs they make and their movements. I often thought he looked confused at times last season with not knowing what other players wanted. Pre season is the best time to develop bonds and experiment with the rest of the squad. I understand not rushing him back to start the season, but he should still be training with the everyone. The signing of Sanchez shows that the squad is being built around him, but it is gonna take months for them to to be on the same wavelength.

I fear we won't see the best out of Ozil or Sanchez until next season.
I don't disagree with your general point about Ozil, but what that's signals to me is a deficiency in the coaching setup or a lack of application from Ozil.

After a season he really should be getting the hang of it given the amount of game time he had to put training techniques into practice.

Pre-season is a great opportunity to take a step back and re-calibrate with your teammates, but ultimately players should be kicking on and improving during the season as well.

If they aren't then there's something inherently wrong, in my opinion. A good example of that was Borini for us. He just never upped his level despite those around him doing so. Sure, he had injuries, but his overall game just didn't improve. If Borini wants any chance of succeeding at Liverpool he needs to start making these improvements.

I think Jose really wants the group together this year as he is pretty much promising the Premier League to everyone!

I still find it hard to name our first starting 11.

Courtois
Azpi-Terry-Cahill-Luis
Matic-Fabregas
Shurrle--Hazard--Willian
Costa

That is my guess for now!

Gosh at that asexual girlfriend thread. Poor guy clearly needs to learn how to please a lady if this has happened to him before and the girlfriend only likes sex with him when she is drunk.

Ash_69

Hope Arsene is experimental today. This would give me a hard on. Want to see Campbell given a chance.

Campbell
Ox - Caz - Alexis
Wilsh - Diaby
Gibbs-Kosh-Chambers-Debuchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom