• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in London is such a bonus for Arsenal money wise. The way they rinse their fans is incredible. So many of my friends pay to go see them play and then scramble to survive for the rest of the week/month - and they usually come back furious too :lol

Costs £40 to park at the stadium where United/Madrid are playing tonight. £40 to park. You basically have no other option aswell since most of the US grounds are out in the middle of nowhere.

Join a supporters club and just go a couple of times a season maybe?

it would be really expensive for me to go more than once a season as I live down south! I was really thinking of only getting one match as a one off :p My Dad has bought me enough Chelsea games I think he deserves at least one from me haha.

He has not been to a Chelsea game live since Torres left. He refuses to watch him at the ground in a Chelsea shirt the weirdo!

LAM09

if he wanted to prove them wrong wouldn't he be better off going elsewhere and fucking Chelsea over? I love him and happy he signed but if I was him I would be wanting to go to another EPL club and show them how good I really am.

People are different. Maybe he likes the club a lot and wants to make his name at Chelsea. There could be several reasons as to why he decided to come back.

Clegg

I was at that 5-2 game. God that was good fun. Was amazing to watch Ronaldo live - you need to see the best players in the flesh to fully appreciate it. Just a force of nature. Only gods knows what it's like to watch Messi the little genius.

I hope we smash Spurs this season and sure up our position as the nations 6th team.
My first United at OT was against Coventry in 99. Didn't fully get why Beckham was rated so highly until I could see him in the flesh. There's so much that the camera misses. Beckham never stopped running that game. His defensive shift was huge.

Jarnet87

Being in London is such a bonus for Arsenal money wise. The way they rinse their fans is incredible. So many of my friends pay to go see them play and then scramble to survive for the rest of the week/month - and they usually come back furious too :lol

Costs £40 to park at the stadium where United/Madrid are playing tonight. £40 to park. You basically have no other option aswell since most of the US grounds are out in the middle of nowhere.

Dam that's insane. Parking passes can be expensive, but sometimes you can find lots and peoples homes where they will charge you to park for less that are close by.

King_Moc

Banned
it would be really expensive for me to go more than once a season as I live down south! I was really thinking of only getting one match as a one off :p My Dad has bought me enough Chelsea games I think he deserves at least one from me haha.

He has not been to a Chelsea game live since Torres left. He refuses to watch him at the ground in a Chelsea shirt the weirdo!

Last year I managed to get to the Norwich game just by buying a ticket from the website (need to pay to be a member first), but this year everything's sold out instantly. Hopefully it's easier once the expansion is done.

What is La Stampa. Yurt. Zabo. Cuddles?

My first United at OT was against Coventry in 99. Didn't fully get why Beckham was rated so highly until I could see him in the flesh. There's so much that the camera misses. Beckham never stopped running that game. His defensive shift was huge.

Yeah you can really see the physical graft they put in aswell. On the TV you see a small part of the pitch at any one time, forget just how much ground they cover.

Dam that's insane. Parking passes can be expensive, but sometimes you can find lots and peoples homes where they will charge you to park for less that are close by.

Yeah it's quite expensive to find parking nearly Wembley Stadium too, official or otherwise. We live like 10 mins walk away so we could probably make an easy £15 any time there is an event by offering up our drive way - but just never bothered.

if he wanted to prove them wrong wouldn't he be better off going elsewhere and fucking Chelsea over? I love him and happy he signed but if I was him I would be wanting to go to another EPL club and show them how good I really am.

Well, Reus to BVB is a similar story, although Reus had other reasons to return as well as he grew up in Dortmund. Youth coach told him he's too small/weakly built and should look for another club.

Reus later said he was obviously mad at the youth coach but never at the club. Actually also says something about the player's intellect, that he was able to properly understand the situation and not just went "fuck this club".

Best thing to do if you want Arsenal tickets is to sign up for red membership then make a note of when the tickets go on sale, if you log in just before 10 on the day they go on sale you should get a ticket.

True, but the fuckin stupid silver membership means that there are usually only a couple thousand tickets for the red members against the big clubs. I never managed to get a ticket at the emirates for man utd and chelsea, and barely got tickets for spurs and liverpool,

Would be much fairer if they got rid of silver membership. edit: it is actually the silver membership that screw over the average joe, because the only tickets left for the red members are usually the more expensive seats or the nosebleeds

there are always tons of tickets available for the CL group games as long as it isn't one of the European powerhouses.

Well, Reus to BVB is a similar story, although Reus had other reasons to return as well as he grew up in Dortmund. Youth coach told him he's too small/weakly built and should look for another club.

Reus later said he was obviously mad at the youth coach but never at the club. Actually also says something about the player's intellect, that he was able to properly understand the situation and not just went "fuck this club".

I guess it helps our club dumps managers and coaches so frequently that no one is still at the club.

Why do Arsenal fans not turn up for the first games? seems silly to pay money and not watch one of the games you get. it looks dead.

you guys need to post more!

Pogba is a similar story. Except he never returned.

jblzHfy6TZbMNI_e.jpg

I'm still really confused about the Matic signing. I am really happy he is here now as he seems amazing and with Fabregas I think he will be even better but I don't understand his reasoning of coming back. Surely you wouldn't want to go back to a club that thought you were not worth anything?

I don't think we ever thought he wasn't worth anything, but ultimately we got the chance to get David Luiz and were able to sell him as part of that. He proved he was a quality player and the club were wrong to sell so we bought him back.

I don't think there was any ill feeling between him and club, I don't recall reading anything and if it was true he wouldn't have re-signed for us

Lukaku is a good example of a play that left under bad terms and won't re-sign for us

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Soldado scored!

after missing embarrassingly the first time

Arnie

Just done four miles in the London sun.

Got a ribena frosting in the fridge.

Aly Cissokho is on the box.

There are moments in time that we shouldn't forget.

I was at that 5-2 game. God that was good fun. Was amazing to watch Ronaldo live - you need to see the best players in the flesh to fully appreciate it. Just a force of nature. Only gods knows what it's like to watch Messi the little genius.

I hope we smash Spurs this season and sure up our position as the nations 6th team.

The only United game I saw was this year, vs Cardiff. You're right that you have to see players in the flesh to fully appreciate them.

It made me hate Young more.

Arnie

Oh dear Newcastle.

Just conceded again and now their new signing beginning with C looks injured.

Want Malaga to bring Alberto on. Actually think he could become pretty good.

Really hope Sanchez plays. Want to see him get a run around. Size the lad up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom