• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with your general point about Ozil, but what that's signals to me is a deficiency in the coaching setup or a lack of application from Ozil.

After a season he really should be getting the hang of it given the amount of game time he had to put training techniques into practice.

Pre-season is a great opportunity to take a step back and re-calibrate with your teammates, but ultimately players should be kicking on and improving during the season as well.

If they aren't then there's something inherently wrong, in my opinion. A good example of that was Borini for us. He just never upped his level despite those around him doing so. Sure, he had injuries, but his overall game just didn't improve. If Borini wants any chance of succeeding at Liverpool he needs to start making these improvements.

True, but I feel Ozil is a special player who really needs to know all about his teammates game. Same with Totti. He always has full pre-seasons with his teammates and can get the best out of them because he knows every aspect of their game. He showed that the other day with Florenzi when he knew where he was and what type of run he would make so allowed for the dummy against Madrid.

Ozil is the same type of player as Totti and needs time to develop with his teammates. During a season you often train for specific things for matches and there is a lot more pressure. I am sure his understanding with the guys he played a lot with last season has grown, but it will be tough for him with Sanchez.

ozil was a 6/10 last season and I am expecting a 7 or 8 this year, before hitting his top form next season

L1NETT

Everton sign Brendan Galloway ( from the MK soulless franchise) on a five year deal

Undisclosed fee, but great move for him

Everton have such a stacked youth side waiting to break in. And unlike other sides, they may get the chance.

Fair play

Wilbur

Banned
kJ7bAii.jpg

JmCNU1i.jpg

Van Gaal not wanting to sign new players and seeing "talent" in shitty (youth) players is hardly new. That's why he was fired at Bayern.

That said, it's not really a bad idea to say "Maybe we don't need players" instead of "We desperately need another CB/DM/whatever"

bud23

Paul George´s injury is nightmare fuel. Terrible.

Also, L’Equipe saying that Falcao´s future “is probably more to Madrid than Monaco.”.

Welcome to Madrid, Rumbo.

Arnie

<3 Jordan Henderson

Thank you Hixx. Thank you Sunderland.

Best English central midfielder in the league. Pure energy and power and passing. He's so German.

Danchi

Di Marzio says we're interested in Josuha Guilavogui who is a DM from Athletic Madrid.

I wanted this guy last year, but as more of a squad depth kinda thing. I'm hoping for someone who could step straight into the first team now. He barely played last year, though. Would be happy with a loan deal similar to what Liverpool have sorted with Manquillo.

Arnie

Di Marzio says we're interested in Josuha Guilavogui who is a DM from Athletic Madrid.
Stuff like this would make me more excited than the likes of Khedira or Big Willy.

The idea that Wenger and the scouting staff have identified an unknown gem. Gets me going.

Just like Emre Can.
Big fan of Hendo puts in dat work.
Innit.

Been a monster once again in pre-season. He's going to improve again next season. Honestly wouldn't swap him for a single other central midfielder in the league.

Arnie

Unknown gem? Arnuld pls

I remember Salazar going nutty for him before Atleti bought him
:lol soz everyone

I've disgraced my family and my friends.

Never heard nor seen him in my LIFE. Still got no idea who this Manquillo fella is.

I just want Moreno. Come on Ian. Stop fucking about now.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol soz everyone

I've disgraced my family and my friends.

Never heard nor seen him in my LIFE. Still got no idea who this Manquillo fella is.

I just want Moreno. Come on Ian. Stop fucking about now.

Moreno broke his leg at the World Cup remember

i also shamed my fam

Arnie

Just seen it. Curiosity got the better of me. Horrendous.

The horror is in how innocuous it was. One of those breaks where the person just lands awkwardly and physics determine that something has to give.

Danchi

Oh aye, that was worse.

Moreno won the Europa League ffs. Not convinced this Arsenal target has played more than five games in his life.

He replaced Matuidi in a decent Saint-Etienne side of the last couple of years (with Aubameyang, Ghoulam, Zouma).

He's 22/23 now. Not sure he played more than five games last season, though.

L1NETT

You only need 11. Stop bragging. I'm betting on a draw again.

Our back four and keeper I have no issues with no that our flappy Scotsman has fucked off and Hixx promised me this young kid is top notch

Other end of the field I have less confidence in

Mark Yeates is lazier than Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances.

Billy Knott gets injured we are in deep shite

Our back four and keeper I have no issues with no that our flappy Scotsman has fucked off and Hixx promised me this young kid is top notch

Other end of the field I have less confidence in

Mark Yeates is lazier than Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances.

Billy Knott gets injured we are in deep shite

OMG, i love that reference.

Arnie

Hahaha jack's face

Looks like Moreno will be completed this weekend. Good. Need to box off that left back position. Lad looks sublime.

Walshy

Hahaha jack's face

Looks like Moreno will be completed this weekend. Good. Need to box off that left back position. Lad looks sublime.
He looks great. I'm just grateful we won't have Ryan Bertrand playing for us next season.

Would you be happy with us signing Bony as the alternative to Remy? Or would you like someone different?

Arnie

He looks great. I'm just grateful we won't have Ryan Bertrand playing for us next season.

Would you be happy with us signing Bony as the alternative to Remy? Or would you like someone different?
Nah don't want Bony.

Think he's massively overpriced and I don't think he fits our style of play.

No idea who else we'd get, or if we even need anyone else. But just not Bony.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Combined European Cup wins in the last 52 years: 0

Combined European Cup final losses in the last 52 years: 9 (NINE)

I love this

You all know if Jack looked like that he still get injured

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wonder if we will ever get back to that style of play again, seen a few shades in the last couple of games but we still lack the pace to counter with ferocity.

Ronaldo is a once in a lifetime player :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom