• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

It was fine. But it just didn't really do anything to me. It told me a story but it didn't make me care about it.

I was in two minds. I like Fincher, but I also wholeheartedly believe that a film adaptation will never be as good as the book.

Which is foolish for someone who lists Blade Runner as one of his top three films.

It's really good though, Gone Girl. Part of the success of it is the way it's structured though, so I'm still really excited to see how the films done, just not what the key plot points are.

It's going to be one hell of a thriller.

Blade Runner. What a film.

Jarnet87

Ashley Young has now conned three straight managers into a starting role. The man must be one hell of a player during practice, and one hell of a charmer.

BuDcOV1IAAABl_9.jpg:large

That pitch does look pretty raggedy.

slider

Think we'll be fine with just Giroud. Getting goals will not be a problem. We just need to be more defensively solid vs the bigger teams.

Yeah, scoring from all around the pitch is one of your enduring strengths. Still, who wouldn't want a 20+ goals a season striker!

Dunno much about Carvalho, hope he's a Per-esque leader.

Carbonox

I love how outraged some people get over "I'd fuck that" posts. Dat high horse. Par for course where the OT is concerned though.

Clegg

Smalling is injured wtf. So much for that Toshiba fitness performance bollocks.

Def need to sign at least one more defender.

jtb

Banned
It was fine. But it just didn't really do anything to me. It told me a story but it didn't make me care about it.

I was in two minds. I like Fincher, but I also wholeheartedly believe that a film adaptation will never be as good as the book.

Which is foolish for someone who lists Blade Runner as one of his top three films.

It's really good though, Gone Girl. Part of the success of it is the way it's structured though, so I'm still really excited to see how the films done, just not what the key plot points are.

It's going to be one hell of a thriller.

I like some adaptations better than the book, but for the most part I usually like the book more.

imo the best adaptations are the ones that are willing to really deviate strongly from the source material; film, books... they're two different mediums, different strengths to each. when it just becomes a scene for scene adaptation, it's pretty boring and usually doesn't work well anyways. Like Blade Runner—haven't read the novel, but from what I understand it's a pretty loose adaptation (though I'm not a huge fan of BR personally). I don't like it when people complain about a film adaptation "not being the same as the books." If you want the book, the book still exists.

Suen

oh man I forgot that was his last warning hahaha. Wait wasn't it that he would get perma if he got banned during the period of his original punishment?

wedward

Wenger confirms Campbell is staying.

Sanchez, Theo, Giroud, Sanogo, Campbell and Podolski.

We have quite a few options for upfront.

oh man I forgot that was his last warning hahaha. Wait wasn't it that he would get perma if he got banned during the period of his original punishment?

Nah pretty sure we were all told we would get a longer ban if we did that, during our period of the original bans.

I don't understand how that is a bannable offense. This thing is out of control. Fucking GAF.

I think it's dumb too, but they made the line pretty clear at this point, shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

Gaf, what are your fetishes?
Gaf, let's discuss your sex life
Gaf, tell me about the most disgusting thing you've ever seen
'I'd fuck her' BANNED won't somebody think of the children

Nonsense. Just admit that he's been banned for being vulgar and it coinciding with relevant mod having a bad day.

Arnie

I like some adaptations better than the book, but for the most part I usually like the book more.

imo the best adaptations are the ones that are willing to really deviate strongly from the source material; film, books... they're two different mediums, different strengths to each. when it just becomes a scene for scene adaptation, it's pretty boring and usually doesn't work well anyways. Like Blade Runner—haven't read the novel, but from what I understand it's a pretty loose adaptation (though I'm not a huge fan of BR personally). I don't like it when people complain about a film adaptation "not being the same as the books." If you want the book, the book still exists.
Aye, and this is a large part of why I'm not massively into the Game of Thrones TV show. It's just reciting things that I've read, all of which elicit a diluted emotional reaction as a result. It's all a bit 'meh'.

I love the comment about GAF being this all inclusive cyber saloon with early teens of both genders, like it's fucking Toys R Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom