• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilbur gone forever as well? That sucks.

He will always be with us on the whatsapp and twitter, at least until the fumes finally takes him away from us. #ripinpeace

ibxty9pOwXB3vR.gif

Wilbz is only banned 2 weeks.

Really? That's nice.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So under another manager Young and Valencia are starters, hopefully he can get the front gelling because fuck me if teams go at us :(

Arnie

Was about to pour out a bit of my Covent Garden vegetable broth in respect for Nathan.

Then I heard it was two weeks.

Get fucked. Need my five a day.

FF, stop telling people that members here have been permabanned. It's as annoying as posting that teams have scored when they haven't, knowing that they'll be watching streams that are behind or not watching the match

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
FF, stop telling people that members here have been permabanned. It's as annoying as posting that teams have scored when they haven't, knowing that they'll be watching streams that are behind or not watching the match

I was a clear 20s ahead of everyone in here last United game :(

Good thing I ruined nothing of importance

jtb

Banned
also, saw Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday

least bad Marvel movie yet, I think. some of the humor was really forced, but there was enough actually funny bits to balance it out. it was fun. and if Winter Soldier is as good as everyone keeps saying it is, then with GOTG, IM3 and Winter Soldier... Marvel Stage 2 might actually be reaching... borderline competence???

FootballFan

I did that once only m8 and I was just making predictions, eg. "Khedira! Had to be him"

Slizz

also, saw Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday

least bad Marvel movie yet, I think. some of the humor was really forced, but there was enough actually funny bits to balance it out. it was fun. and if Winter Soldier is as good as everyone keeps saying it is, then with GOTG, IM3 and Winter Soldier... Marvel Stage 2 might actually be reaching... borderline competence???

Least bad..... So you liked it or didn't?

Zabojnik

There's a 5 disc collection set of Blade Runner? :eek:

wtf

Yep. It's fantastic. There are a few different collector's editions out there, including one that comes with in a briefcase, if you're into that sort of thing.

61UuM4DakzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Disc one contains 'The Final Cut' and several extras; the mammoth 3 hour-plus documentary "Dangerous Days" gets disc two all to itself; disc three features three additional cuts of the film accessible via seamless branching (the 1982 domestic and international versions, plus the 1992 Director's Cut); disc four houses the "Enhancement Archive," which is loaded with featurettes, deleted scenes and more; and finally, the fifth disc features the ultra-rare "Workprint Version" of 'Blade Runner' that had previously only been seen at rare theatrical screenings and on poor-quality bootlegs. Regardless of which high-def format you choose, tech specs are identical -- you'll get the same video encodes of the film (all 1080p/VC-1), plus Dolby TrueHD audio on 'The Final Cut,' and standard Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks on the other versions of the film.

The Final Cut looks stunning.

Slizz

I've yet to see IM3.

Saw IM2 in the background while I was doing something else. Rockwell was great, everything else was trash in that movie, which is why I passed on IM3.

FootballFan

is that good enough?

I was answering someone from earlier saying "Did he get banned"

misinterpretation.

Yep. It's fantastic. There are a few different collector's editions out there, including one that comes with in a briefcase, if you're into that sort of thing.

61UuM4DakzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hnggg.

Not into the briefcase thing but the collection sounds great.

Surprised he's getting so much time on the pitch given he only began training with the team yesterday.

He adapts so fast, he will be doing 1-2s with Jack all day. He will be brilliant for Arsenal, hopefully.

I've only seen the first 2 Spidermans and the first Iron Man

If it ain't Batman, I don't give a fuck tbh

Sanchez didn't adapt that fast for Barca, was pretty average in his first season there imo

Has anyone heard something if Bla's is permanent or not? And why he was banned anyway?

Edit: 3Sixty, watch out on a day like this or you'll be gone faster than Southampton's first team.

wedward

Sanchez didn't adapt that fast for Barca, was pretty average in his first season there imo

True, but I think that had a lot to do with the position he was asked to play. It seems like it takes players time to get used to playing with Messi.

At Arsenal he will be the main man and be given a lot more freedom.

jtb

Banned
the highs of IM3 are super high (Guy Pearce is brilliant, everything about the Mandarin is genius, RDJ doing Shane Black dialogue) but the lows are pretty stupid. you've got the stupid kid (and even though it is better than 99% of other bits with stupid kids designed to sell toys, it is still undeniably a bit with a stupid kid designed to sell toys) and Gwyneth Paltrow being awful.

but in the end, Shane Black's brilliance wins out and it is a good movie

sohois

Taking all my power not to quote him calling him out on his bullshit

you could probably go into the thread an engage him in a discussion about the policy without getting banned.

I expect that going in and calling him a dick and insisting he's talking bullshit would lead to a swift perma, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom