• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad made an interesting point to me, why in gods name didnt Adnan forgo half his holiday and join the tour? Young player, huge potential, now no pre-season under a new manager, he could have forced himself into contention but now he is behind everyone and a sub. I would hate to see him marginalised like he was at the tail end of last season.

Even though he only played 1 match at the World Cup, he still had to train with Belgium and travel with Belgium leading up to the World Cup. He needed a vacation.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Listening to him and Jonathan Pearce during that WC game where Pearce was unable to understand the bare simplicity of goal line technology was incredible. Keown saw it instantly, Pearce just started going bonkers.

Everything Keown has ever said in a commentary or pundit position can be listed in a book called "Cliches to say when you dont understand football, for idiots", the book is 2 pages long and it was written by Ron Atkinson.

Even though he only played 1 match at the World Cup, he still had to train with Belgium and travel with Belgium leading up to the World Cup. He needed a vacation.

Its a joke that footballers need vacations. Earn millions for doing something most would do for peanuts and then get a nice month off.
I am just bitter because I only get two one week breaks a year

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
"Back in the picture"
"Set the tone"
"In the frame"

Keowns first 2 sentences

Hixx

Its a joke that footballers need vacations. Earn millions for doing something most would do for peanuts and then get a nice month off.
I am just bitter because I only get two one week breaks a year

Ones that play 45+ games a season I can understand, there's not a lot of recovery time. A 19 year old who made less than 30 appearances in the year, lol no.

DBT85

Everything Keown has ever said in a commentary or pundit position can be listed in a book called "Cliches to say when you dont understand football, for idiots", the book is 2 pages long and it was written by Ron Atkinson.

Undoubtedly true, but he still was able to follow the game and understand what was being displayed his screen about the goal when Pearce was going bonkers about how confusing it all was. That itself is a worry.

Mr Cola

I can see WIlshere getting little game time next year, stacked midfield

Zouma really doesn't look ready at this level at all. He misses so many headers in the box completely.

But dat Courtois

yudgxf.gif

Mr Cola

UnitedGAf. Just seen on PL Vault top goalkeepers. Who would you rather have Schmeichel or EVDS?

My nostalgia says Schmeichel because he was one of my heros growing up, but Edwin was also, truly, quite brilliant for us. However there is a game against Newcastle where Schmeichel bailed us out time and time again and we scored in like the 85th minute to win, ill never forget it, unbelievable, nostalgia wins.

DBT85

UnitedGAf. Just seen on PL Vault top goalkeepers. Who would you rather have Schmeichel or EVDS?

For a modern team probably VDS, he was better with his feet I think.

Though in reality I just wish we'd had him from the day Schmeichel left rather than the years of fucking about with other options.

Speaking of Monaco, does anyone have an idea what's happening there? Are they happy about being second in Ligue 1?

I don't really get what they're doing there to be honest. Looked like they'd built a great team last year but now it looks like they don't even spend the James money. Signing three amazing players, selling one of them and not improving a mediocre team makes it look like they have no idea what they're doing.

Mr Cola

I cant see Courtois without thinking about Artosis from the Starcraft scene

Zouma really doesn't look ready at this level at all. He misses so many headers in the box completely.

But dat Courtois

yudgxf.gif

Glorious. Club made a great decision to sign him, our number 1 spot is done for the next 10 years, again.

Also, Zouma isn't first choice especially after the season JT and Cahill had last season so I'm sure he will improve as time goes on. We're supposedly still after Varane or Miranda anyway

Costa as well, 5 games before he gets a disciplinary, if that :p

Speaking of Monaco, does anyone have an idea what's happening there? Are they happy about being second in Ligue 1?

I don't really get what they're doing there to be honest. Looked like they'd built a great team last year but now it looks like they don't even spend the James money. Signing three amazing players, selling one of them and not improving a mediocre team makes it look like they have no idea what they're doing.

Owner has bailed out now I think?

My nostalgia says Schmeichel because he was one of my heros growing up, but Edwin was also, truly, quite brilliant for us. However there is a game against Newcastle where Schmeichel bailed us out time and time again and we scored in like the 85th minute to win, ill never forget it, unbelievable, nostalgia wins.

For a modern team probably VDS, he was better with his feet I think.

Though in reality I just wish we'd had him from the day Schmeichel left rather than the years of fucking about with other options.

Both were truly brilliant. I still can't believe EVDS played for Ajax, Juventus, Fulham and Utd. How the fuck did Fulham get him

Suen

hahaha that kid reaching his hand out because he wanted to shake the Arse players hands. No one took notice

Racist.png

Mr Cola

Its early but im still excited, opening fixtures for the big guns

Man Utd v Swansea
Leicester v Everton
QPR v Hull
Stoke v Aston Villa
West Brom v Sunderland
West Ham v Tottenham
Arsenal v Crystal Palace
Liverpool v Southampton
Newcastle v Man City
Burnley v Chelsea

Hard to see who of the big teams will drop points, City Newcastle is iffy for the opening fixture, I cannot call us v Swansea, I can see Arsenal and Liverpool winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom