• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Season hasn't even started yet though.

I could be completely wrong, I just dont think there is anything huge going on behind the scenes, that could change, but currently we are in for a defender, most likely Verm, no-one else. I actually believe LvG now when he says he needs time and its pointless to buy when he doesnt know where he truly needs strengthening.

Slizz

I could be completely wrong, I just dont think there is anything huge going on behind the scenes, that could change, but currently we are in for a defender, most likely Verm, no-one else. I actually believe LvG now when he says he needs time and its pointless to buy when he doesnt know where he truly needs strengthening.

A hurt Verm at that.

We need to start strong no matter what, second half of the season is way harder than the first half, especially with our scheduling.

Manager

If that's the team that plays vs City but Gibbs in for Monreal, I'll be very content.

City's probable team is:
Hart
Sagna - (Kompany?) - Nastasic - Kolarov
Nasri - Yaya - Fernando - Silva
Dzeko - Jovetic

Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, (Mangala?), Fernandinho and Aguero all really need some minutes too.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
LVG is gonna wait as long as he can to look at the players and decide if he needs more.

It could be a busy deadline day for us.

One thing ive been thinking about, which alludes to what he said in his first press conference, is that he doesnt know the league and openly needs to learn it. In this sense he may still have little idea how this team performs in the league, which will be alot more physical than the current pre season has been. I wonder how much the opening few games will impact his views, would he go into panic mode if we lost a few? Or if we won the first 3 would he be content?

I think above all its fair to say that we wont have it as easy as we have done.

If that's the team that plays vs City but Gibbs in for Monreal, I'll be very content.

I hate the traitorous cunt, but he should start over Flamini. Arteta kills the team. His passing has no purpose and slows the team down too much. He needs to come on to kill games off.

But you are right that is a good team to face City

Mr Cola

Are Valencia any good? We face them in our last pre season game

Scum

Lets focus on the Emirates Cup first, baby.

iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

Clegg

LvG told Woodward the targets he wanted months ago. Tbh I'm not sure I believe him when he says he wants time to evaluate the players he has right now. Surely it would be more beneficial to bring new ones in now.

Arnie

LvG told Woodward the targets he wanted months ago. Tbh I'm not sure I believe him when he says he wants time to evaluate the players he has right now. Surely it would be more beneficial to bring new ones in now.
I believe he had some major targets that he'd like to bring in whenever (Hummels, Quadrado, Vidal) but it's become increasingly apparent that those deals are not going to happen. Then the conversation shifts to what we have now.

Sat in the screen for GotG. Looking forward to it. Seeing it in 2D. Fuck 3D. Hurts my face.

LVG is gonna wait as long as he can to look at the players and decide if he needs more.

It could be a busy deadline day for us.

Think Januzaj will end up being a back up to either RVP and Rppmey. Well he and Welbeck. LVG has already tried using Zaha, Nani, and Young up top so it's obvious he wants to use a pacy dribbler in that position. RVP is already a lock to start up top and Fellaini doesn't look like he'll feature. I don't think there's much more assessing needed to be done under this current system unless Januzaj shows his quality in training and forces a change.

United have an easy start to the PL as well so United might not end up having a bad start like a typical LVG team.

I hate the traitorous cunt, but he should start over Flamini. Arteta kills the team. His passing has no purpose and slows the team down too much. He needs to come on to kill games off.

But you are right that is a good team to face City

Who do you actually like in the team? seems like you just hate everyone lol

Mr Cola

Think Januzaj will end up being a back up to either RVP and Rppmey. Well he and Welbeck. LVG has already tried using Zaha, Nani, and Young up top so it's obvious he wants to use a pacy dribbler in that position. RVP is already a lock to start up top and Fellaini doesn't look like he'll feature. I don't think there's much more assessing needed to be done under this current system unless Januzaj shows his quality in training and forces a change.

United have an easy start to the PL as well so United might not end up having a bad start like a typical LVG team.

My dad made an interesting point to me, why in gods name didnt Adnan forgo half his holiday and join the tour? Young player, huge potential, now no pre-season under a new manager, he could have forced himself into contention but now he is behind everyone and a sub. I would hate to see him marginalised like he was at the tail end of last season.

Who do you actually like in the team? seems like you just hate everyone lol

errrrrrr Sanchez hasn't pissed me off yet. But he better get five today or he is on my shit list.

I hate Flamini because of him leaving the club for more money and then coming back. I like everyone else and glad they are in the squad, but just don't think some are good enough to be starters, like Ox, Theo, and Arteta

Damn, Werder's lineup against Chelsea looks like shit

Wolf - Fritz, Lukimya, Caldirola, Garcia - Galvez, Bartels, Obraniak, Junuzovic - Di Santo, Elia

But that's what friendlies are for, to test different line-ups

Zabojnik

He goes on tour with Juventus, I believe the juve fans have been saying thats when it becomes exponentially more difficult and more poignant that we havent tried to sign him.

I honestly don't see why that would be the case. It's a somewhat complicated transfer, sure, but Vidal going on tour changes little or nothing in the grand scheme of things. I'll say it again: if his intention was to stay, he would've said something by now. And if United are really willing to double his salary (and give us 60M€), he'd be fucking insane not to go. I wouldn't blame him in the slightest.

Salvadora

Sat in the screen for GotG. Looking forward to it. Seeing it in 2D. Fuck 3D. Hurts my face.
Think I'm going to see it tomorrow after hearing all the praise it's got.

Pizza in the oven and a bottle of Diet Coke first though, for the Sanchez masterclass.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud. Subs: Martinez, Miquel, Hayden, Bellerin, Coquelin, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Zelalem, Akpom.

Monaco: Subasic, Dirar, Carvalho, Raggi, Echiejile, Bakayoko, Kondogbia, Carrasco, Joao Moutinho, Ocampos, Falcao. Subs: Caillard, Fabinho, Abdennour, Berbatov, Germain, Isimat Mirin, Martial, Toulalan, Bahamboula, Diallo.

Looks like Diaby is probably injured again, not on the bench today either.

Fuck sake.

Suen

Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud. Subs: Martinez, Miquel, Hayden, Bellerin, Coquelin, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Zelalem, Akpom.

Monaco: Subasic, Dirar, Carvalho, Raggi, Echiejile, Bakayoko, Kondogbia, Carrasco, Joao Moutinho, Ocampos, Falcao. Subs: Caillard, Fabinho, Abdennour, Berbatov, Germain, Isimat Mirin, Martial, Toulalan, Bahamboula, Diallo.

Fuck sake.
Akpom hat trick.

#Believe

Mr Cola

How is Martin Keown a pundit or commentator, it doesnt make any sense

DBT85

How is Martin Keown a pundit or commentator, it doesnt make any sense

Listening to him and Jonathan Pearce during that WC game where Pearce was unable to understand the bare simplicity of goal line technology was incredible. Keown saw it instantly, Pearce just started going bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom