• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanks, you should be ashamed of yourself for picking Stalone over Arnold. It's fucking Arnold. I don't care how bad ass you are, you're losing to Arnold.

We never got out of first gear. We controlled the game without doing anything using essentially our B team for the majority of the match.

Suso scored a good goal. He seems to be our only fit (attacking) midfielder that can shoot for distance.

We definitely need another striker, but it's a question of who is available and at what price.

S54CVSr.jpg

Shanks, you should be ashamed of yourself for picking Stalone over Arnold. It's fucking Arnold. I don't care how bad ass you are, you're losing to Arnold.

Haha, Sly has had proper boxing training. All Arnold is good for is walking very slowly with a gun and saying one liners.

I love Arnold, but he is not really built for fighting.

Let's go.

You said this was your first time? I hope you enjoy it. The stadium was poorly built for keeping in sound, but I have always found the atmosphere to be good.

Carbonox

Adding Her and The Grand Budapest Hotel to my viewing choices today I think. Sundays are good for fuck all else.

Loved Dallas Buyers Club yesterday. My favourite film of all the 'Oscar films' I've seen so far (albeit I've not seen that many that have been banded around during the various nominations but I'm slowly working on it).

Only seen, aside from the above, 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street and Gravity.

I'd probably rank them in the following order so far:

Dallas Buyers Club
12 Years a Slave
The Wolf of Wall Street
Gravity
American Hustle

More recommendations would be nice too.

Fintan

Adding Her and The Grand Budapest Hotel to my viewing choices today I think. Sundays are good for fuck all else.

Loved Dallas Buyers Club yesterday. My favourite film of all the 'Oscar films' I've seen so far (albeit I've not seen that many that have been banded around during the various nominations but I'm slowly working on it).

Only seen, aside from the above, 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street and Gravity.

Dallas Buyers Club
12 Years a Slave
The Wolf of Wall Street
Gravity
American Hustle

Have you got American Netflix? The Master by Paul Thomas Anderson was added recently. I thought it was really good.

Yen

t6aKLgt.jpg

tumblr_n9nb4xKtEO1sxoumuo2_250.gif

Dallas Buyers Club
12 Years a Slave
The Wolf of Wall Street
Gravity
American Hustle

2013/14 was a very good Oscar season.

Arnie

Heading to the cinema to watch GotG.

Got some vouchers. Will probably get a hotdog as a result. You'd expect nothing less.

L1NETT

Nebraska
The Selfish Giant (so fucking good)
A Field in England
Mud (I think I like that more than most on here)
A Royal Affair
Frank
The Square (almost as good a documentary as The Act of Killing, that is saying summat)

There you go Carbo :)

Carbonox

Nebraska
The Selfish Giant (so fucking good)
A Field in England
Mud (I think I like that more than most on here)
A Royal Affair
Frank
The Square (almost as good a documentary as The Act of Killing, that is saying summat)

There you go Carbo :)

Cheers.

I've been meaning to watch Mud especially for a long arse time. Must get round to that.

keit4

Banned
Hey Liverpool fans, did you heard rumours about Ilori leaving to Depor in a one season loan? MARCA is reporting that he and Bruno Zuculini from City are about to sign. How good is he?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we lose fletcher for any term next season we are going to be very susceptible and weak, and even with Fletch we are not as good as we could be.

Feels like a gamble

Portugeezer

Hey guys,

What is the name of that app that tells you what channel every match will be on? I remember a gaffer posting it here before.

dc89

Can anyone link me to highlights of Liverpool last night?
Definitely think we need to sign another top striker if Sturridge gets injured. I'd be up for Bony.

It's a shame Michu is at Napoli as I think he'd do well at Liverpool.

Yen

Hey Liverpool fans, did you heard rumours about Ilori leaving to Depor in a one season loan? MARCA is reporting that he and Bruno Zuculini from City are about to sign. How good is he?

Ilori seems to have the potential to be very good. Very fast (especially for a centre back), tall, and good on the ball. Though we really haven't seen much of him, he may have only played 10 senior games.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there a gif or vine of Clev passing the ball directly to a RM player yesterday? That was brilliant, especially his reaction afterwards.

Mou really giving dat English youth a chance :p

Who said anything about English?! :p

He's played a lot of the youngsters already though and they're starting to go out on loan, I suspect he will make big changes at HT too, not seen a subs list as yet

Edit, actually its out

chelseafc: Subs: Cech, Ivanovic, Ake, Hazard, Mikel, DROGBA, Cahill, Chalobah, Baker, Christensen, Boga, Solanke. #CFC

Hopefully the youngsters there get a run out. I'd like to see Baker and Christensen

jesalr

If this Malaga game stays the same, I'm up £200 in the past 2 days. Would have been £300 if City weren't rubbish yesterday.

Mr Cola

Watching LvG's post game press conference yesterday, he is really positive about the team, very proud :D

L1NETT

Who said anything about English?! :p

He's played a lot of the youngsters already though and they're starting to go out on loan, I suspect he will make big changes at HT too, not seen a subs list as yet

Edit, actually its out

Hopefully the youngsters there get a run out. I'd like to see Baker and Christensen

Bamford basically confirmed to Boro then?

Reckon he'll do well for them.

Boro got a decent squad, and that Ex Madrid Kranky bloke sounds alright.

Mr Cola

Still Need To Buy Buy players

Once you accept the fact that there is literally nothing absurd going on behind the scenes life becomes easier, any midfield activity will happen in January.

I mean it could be worse, we could be losing, playing shit football and signing no-one like last year, but it looks like everyone is buying into the new tactics and producing.

Im actually really positive now :D

Slizz

Once you accept the fact that there is literally nothing absurd going on behind the scenes life becomes easier, any midfield activity will happen in January.

I mean it could be worse, we could be losing, playing shit football and signing no-one like last year, but it looks like everyone is buying into the new tactics and producing.

Im actually really positive now :D

Season hasn't even started yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom