• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Torres goes for £20m I'll start believing that oil club FFP conspiracy.

Clubs with big money buying from other clubs with big money... it will always drive the price up.

He won't go for £20m though i'd have taken £5m and not having to pay his wages, looool

rvy

Banned
Henry's statue was made in 2011.

Eusébio's was made in 1992.

You're all racists, m8s.

We were progressive before you even knew that black people deserved statues too.

inky

fifa is about making the best out of the games mistakes and bugs.

Stop giving EA money.

I can't understand how people are not tired of things like the passing the ball all the way to the forward at the beginning of each half which works like 90% of the time, and lobs/crosses being stupidly powerful. My brother plays that shit game all the time and he does this little thing where whenever he has possession on midfield, he just does a quick 360 turn and a lob and the opposition defenders just stand still and let the forwards make their runs unchallenged. Last game I bought was FIFA 12 and I don't remember the game being so bullshit with these easily exploitable bugs.

It's like the game wasn't even tested for basic bugs but people play it for hundreds of hours and spend thousands of dollars on fucking FUT packs and coins.

tri_willy

I WANT TO BELIEVE

We will throw in Ramires for the low low price of 25m, too! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Order now and choose your very own Chelsea loan-approved winger from the talismanic Victor Moses to the magisterial Marko Marin for a steal of a price of 10m.

cunt was the catalyst behind hendo's red and ultimately liverpool's demise from the top

rvy

Banned
300px-Benfica-Real_Madrid_1962-05-02.svg.png

Hnng.

Not even the mighty Puskas and di Stefano could stop this train.

This choo choo.

Herr K

Banned
I'm willing to bet on Milan finishing in the top 3 this season. Any takers? Both Emil and Susan declined my offer because they're soft cunts.

Come at me brotheeersssss

rvy

Banned
I have found the reason why Cesc has lost his hair.

Much like Wenger sucks the life force out of the young boys he goes after.

Torres sucks the life force out of his teammates.

Costa is a special case because he's 40 and Torres doesn't want to deal with erectile dysfunction.

wedward

We regularly play three games a week.

He would get lots and lots of time on the pitch at Arsenal.

Depends on how much Wenger wants to rest Debuchy. Jenkinson hardly got any time last year. Manquillo would get more time at Liverpool.

Also we want an option to by and I don't think they want to give us that. Similar to the Sahin deal.

Manquillo is no better than Jenkinflop, then again It was about time Wenger did a charity signing this transfer window.

A 22 year old flop. Wowza.

Tubie

How did Madrid get away with only paying James 5m a year?

WC thread made me believe the tax incentives in Monaco would mean James would not leave them, unless for a ridiculous salary.

Really now. You soft cunt. And I'm probably
Roger
Sterling's no. 1 fan in Slovenia, just so you know.

You wouldn't call the Pope a soft cunt if he got annoyed because you compared Jesus to Hitler...

we're gonna smash you in the CL next year

and by CL, I mean EL

Meier

some random muppetry:

- Ronald Koeman is looking to bring argentine LB Marcos Rojo to Southampton. transfer is valued at 30 million €.
After they destroyed their transfer record and Osvaldo was a huge flop in the process, I'm sure their board won't let this happen (especially since it'd be most of the Shaw fee which would make the transfer pointless). Maybe at half that price but obviously Benfica wouldn't sell that cheap.

After they destroyed their transfer record and Osvaldo was a huge flop in the process, I'm sure their board won't let this happen (especially since it'd be most of the Shaw fee which would make the transfer pointless). Maybe at half that price but obviously Benfica wouldn't sell that cheap.

Rojo plays for Sporting.

rvy

Banned

WC thread made me believe the tax incentives in Monaco would mean James would not leave them, unless for a ridiculous salary.

Who wants to play for Monaco?

Who?

In France.

Do you know what sort of garbage they eat?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

its that undecima pride

Dama_Mama

Banned
Can someone explain to me how RM and Barca can afford all these big transfers?

Also, why would a team give up players like Costa and James if they have them under contract.

Clegg

Monaco are a miniscule club in comparison to Real. Ligue 1 has very little glamour apart from the two oil clubs etc.

Salvadora

I'd rather we spend time on Jenkinson than help develop some kid who will eventually go back to Spain.
Well, yes, that would be preferable but we don't know if the corporal is good enough for Arsenal. Or ever will be. I want the best RBs at Arsenal

Think Debuchy might be initially a bit different to Sagna in that he hasn't played here for years and years so might not get as much game time.

The option to buy is a stickler, yeah.

Don't want to develop a young player for another club. We're not that kind of club.

Tubie

Also, why would a team give up players like Costa and James if they have them under contract.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ikdf/1-manchester-united-2/

Madrid is #2 and Barca is #8.

They have really good sponsorship deals.

Yes, they are both in debt, but they both make 500m+ a years, if they were worried about their debt they could easily deal with that.

Because they are very rich and can afford to go into debt because the government ensures there are little reppercusions.

Meier

In Spain, every contract has a release clause in it. Ronaldo's is €1 billion, Messi's is €250m. Costa's was €40m. In James' case, he did not have a buy-out but he refused to play another game for Monaco so they were effectively left with little choice but to sell him.

Tubie

Because they are very rich and can afford to go into debt because the government ensures there are little reppercusions.

It's more like they are not forced to make a profit, like any other investor-owned club would.

I have no idea where the government help thing came out of lol. The bankrupt Spanish government bailing out Madrid or Barca... the riots that would come from that would almost make it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom