• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more like they are not forced to make a profit, like any other investor-owned club would.

I have no idea where the government help thing came out of lol. The bankrupt Spanish government bailing out Madrid or Barca... the riots that would come from that would almost make it worth it.

The government can help in ways other than by bailing the clubs out.

Madrid and Barca (and other Spanish clubs also) have a tax status which isn't the same as most other football clubs.

The European Commission themselves charged both Madrid and Barca of state aid - this isn't something which has come out of nowhere.

The government can help in ways other than by bailing the clubs out.

Madrid and Barca (and other Spanish clubs also) have a tax status which isn't the same as most other football clubs.

The European Commission themselves charged both Madrid and Barca of state aid - this isn't something which has come out of nowhere.

not to mention Las Rosas was given to madrid for free, then Florentino turned around and sold it for 500M ushering the galacticos era.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Mathieu is going to be our worst signing ever, just ridiculous. This one is on the board who are fucking clueless. 4 years trying to sign a decent CB and the answer is fucking Mathieu? fuck outta here.

Mathieu is going to be our worst signing ever, just ridiculous. This one is on the board who are fucking clueless. 4 years trying to sign a decent CB and the answer is fucking Mathieu? fuck outta here.
he is a good CB, but nowhere near good enough for a starter, 20m too LMFAO

Meier

City's U21/EDS were playing their final friendly in Croatia vs NK Rijeka. This happened a bit ago:

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 25m
POSTPONED: The match has been called off.

Manchester City FC @MCFC · 29m
44. City down to ten men, Seko Fofana shown a straight red card for an off the ball incident.

Have to wonder if we'll hear about something racist being said. :(

rvy

Banned
Lambda, have you seen the new patch for UFC? Game isn't totally terrible now. Once they change the fucking move lists so that everyone can't jump off the cage, we might have a game.

Reserves and Youth lining of 4-3-3 possibly offers some insight into how Man U will line up

aOLELwo.png

King_Moc

Banned
I'm currently reading The Football Factory. Is it safe????

At the end of the season before last, i was at Northampton Town vs Port Vale (which is in Stoke). At the end of the match, a bunch of the Port Vale fans ran out of their stand and tried to get at us. The Police had to make them a bit sleepy with batons.

Now, bear in mind that Port Vale won and clinched promotion in this match. It's just that kind of place.

They've got the Colombian ambassador up there?

Lmao.

Bloody hell - I can see why players like the show they put on for them but I'm sorry how far up your arse do you have to be :lol :lol :lol

King_Moc

Banned
Oh shit, didn't even realise there was one :D

When is it? Guessing it'll be before the German contingent come back :(

August 10th. i was gonna go but my GF's sister is having their daughter christened. I'm not even religious! I don't want to see an innocent child indoctrinated, i just wanna watch some football FFS :-(

Do you think Carvalho could move this summer? Especially as the window gets closer to closing.

It's starting to look unlikely that he'll move. No one has come close to offering what we want and Portugal's terrible WC performance didn't help him get more visibility.

Clegg

So Barca spend at least €150m on Neymar and Suarez yet the best they can do is €20m for Jeremy Mathieu? That's United level of transfer incompetence.

I supposed its tempered by the fact that they're actually able to get some of their top targets tho.

fuenf

So Barca spend at least €150m on Neymar and Suarez yet the best they can do is €20m for Jeremy Mathieu? That's United level of transfer incompetence.

I supposed its tempered by the fact that they're actually able to get some of their top targets tho.

but but they need to sell shirts

So Barca spend at least €150m on Neymar and Suarez yet the best they can do is €20m for Jeremy Mathieu?
That's United level of transfer incompetence. I supposed its tempered by the fact that they're actually able to get some of their top targets tho.
There really isnt any competence when you are offering 75m+
that's why there are no CBs, because when they have to compete in price in the 15-30m range they are totally worthless, at this point Zubizarreta is Txki 2.0

Tubie

There really isnt any competence when you are offering 75m+
that's why there are no CBs, because when they have to compete in price in the 15-30m range they are totally worthless, at this point Zubizarreta is Txki 2.0

David Luiz's 50m ruined things for Barca.

fuenf

I wish I could hate Real / this presentation. But deep down I know I'd be just as hyped if it were Bayern fuck... but one of these days one of these expensive transfers has to backfire massively

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
BtKuAUUCAAABZSS.jpg

lol ridiculous, look like both teams are just playing Football Manager at this point.

except barcelona since they can't sign a fucking CB

Tubie

I wish I could hate Real / this presentation. But deep down I know I'd be just as hyped if it were Bayern fuck... but one of these days one of these expensive transfers has to backfire massively

It has happened in the past, signing Beckham when we already had Figo turned into Valencia winning the league and Real ending in 4th place.

Meier

Davie Selke of Werder Bremen is having a good U19 Euros. 3 goals now in 2 games.. need Rony to get one tonight to get back level. I imagine we'll hear more about this kid in the future -- strange name for a German especially given his Ethiopian descent.

tbm24

The Colombian ambassador's speech was really well done. There's a lot of colombians over there so this has been a really fun presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom