• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

you watch city -21 games?

I've seen him play quite a few times although mostly just in snippets. City put up highlights of every match that the U21s play -- I've watched some full matches though. By all accounts though, he is one of our best young players -- he was one of our nominees for EDS player of the year this season.

You don't score goals like this though without being very talented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZuyCZkw4B4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZflFWLf4MU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqtX8QTVRQ#t=34

Fofana is probably the best central midfielder in City's youth set-up behind Huws who is a bit older. I think he'll definitely get loaned to a Championship level club at worse after another year in the EDS.

Don't forget the Tippeligaen and Ykkonen.

Tippeligaen follows the calender year, it has been going strong since January.
LxHVdy6.png

Yen

A few years back me, my mum and my brother were watching a video my Dad filmed on holiday in like 1996 on a beach

Sinking into nostalgia and faded memories when all of a sudden he lingers the focus on a topless woman sitting there unaware of the camera pointed at her for a good 30 seconds

#awkward
Looool

Fuck sake, I was meaning to follow Strømsgodset.

lol. David Nielsen is their manager, completely insane guy who used to play for Copenhagen. I read his book a while back and posted about it:

A book called sorte svin... Which pretty much translates into black cunt)... Former Copenhagen player and he managed to go bankrupt while playing here. Then he went to Germany and got a car as a sponsorship deal and drove around in that without a drivers licence, he writes in the book about how he at first couldn't drive but after a few minutes and reading a little he started driving just fine, then thought we were fucking idiots for all having to go to lessons to learn to drive when he just learnt it. :lol

There's also a chapter where he talks about playing for another danish team and then slipping his cock out as they were getting team phiotos taken, just for them not to realize until after the photoshoot that his cock was on all of them... at one point he and some other players are also on their way to beat up this journalist... he's just a nutcase. His girlfriend has to take him to bank visits and tell the bank men not to give him any more money than the small allowance he's allowed, cause he just spends it all on betting and what not.

At one point he also described not really wanting to leave his house, so when not playing football he's just on his couch all day playing playstation, he's so lazy he can't be bothered to go to the toilet to piss so he pisses in cups and bottles. Almost like a proper GAFer.

Clegg

?

what happened lol
Says money isn't an issue and will pursue the targets the manager wants. He talks about bidding big but doesn't actually do it. He'll miss out on the top targets. That wouldn't be so much of a problem if he just didn't talk about transfers. But he never shuts up about them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Played through Butcher Bay recently and it was gud. Just make sure you get them on GOG, it's broken on all other platforms.
I played both the original and the remake, they're both just as good really.

and I liked the sequel as well!

WE NEED MORE RIDDICK! <3

edit: AND LESS DOUBLE POSTING

Cappa

Banned
Madrid-GAF. If we go with 4-2-3-1:

Benz/Jesé
Ronaldo/Jesé - James/Kroos/Isco - Bale/James/Isco
Kroos/Modric - Alonso/Illara
Marcelo/Coentrao - Pepe/Varane - Ramos - Arbeloa/Carvajal.
Lopez/Navas

This is if we assume Di Crotch, Khedira and Casillas goes. Jese could be a backup for Benz if we don't buy any CF (although he should be CR7 replacement). Isco and James could fill out Bale's spot if anything happens, else both should be preferred as AM, with James likely being a starter. I think Kroos will be utilized as a DM though as reported before.

Likely to go are Khedira, Di Maria and rumors of Illara on loan. Casemiro was already loaned out.

Rumor is we're bringing back Negredo if the price is right. It's obvious we need a forward... Jese is no striker..... and if anything it would be Isco backing up Benzema as a False 9 like he did at certain points last season.

WJD

Still don't have the remotest idea as to what Dota is. I've tried watching videos and read the wiki but still don't understand.

3Sixty

Hixx?

Some quotes from Poyet tonight...

"I sat down with Lee [Congerton - Head of Recruitment] and we had quite a unsuccessful and frustrating chat. I feel that I'm not getting the players that are essential for me to do my job. I said there's something wrong within this club and it's still there, I'm not sure what else I can do to change it."

"I heard that Paolo Di Canio had a similar experience with the last person that was employed to make the transfers and that didn't work out for Sunderland."

"It seems like it's happening all over again. I was promised a few things before I signed my new contract and they are not being delivered. That is frustrating for me and my staff and I now seriously need to take a step back and evaluate my role at the club."

25/1 Next manager to leave.

GET ON

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Still don't have the remotest idea as to what Dota is. I've tried watching videos and read the wiki but still don't understand.

It's either a defend this tower from bad guys or pick a beast and let him fight other beasts

I'm not sure

Randdalf

It's got a very steep and time consuming learning curve. The game itself I don't think is that difficult to understand - it's a bit like mutual tower defense crossed with something like Diablo - what's hard to is the enormous depth of the mechanics and the breadth of the heroes.

Just got back from Dawn Of the Planet of the Apes, really good film. Well-paced, directed, brilliantly acted and shot. Just a well-made film.

Fucking leagues better than FUCKING TRANSFORMERS ARGGHHHHHYYITNTTNTNRN

L1NETT

Just got back from Dawn Of the Planet of the Apes, really good film. Well-paced, directed, brilliantly acted and shot. Just a well-made film.

Did you pay to watch Transformers

pls

say

no

But yeah Dawn is fucking mint. Blockbuster with some real substance.

Those Poyet quotes. Delicious.

You paid to see Transformers?

Edit: Damn it

rvy

Banned
You know what you are... what you're made of. War is in your blood. Don't fight it. You didn't kill for your country. You killed for yourself.
God's never gonna make that go away. When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing.

Marc

As I said in the OT thread ep 3 spoilers
not sure i'm ok with Anton being Carvel. I don't actually think it is though

Aside from that yeah best show on TV hands down

Easy-fucking-ly

Forgot there was a thread, need to 'get out' more.
I kind of saw that coming down the road and it was obvious from the start of this brilliant genius arrival what he represented. I think its definitely him, the plot requires it almost. I'm more at odds with Lee coming back with a bit of a sore arm, well worth it though for that opening scene. Man, there is something about Utopia's violence that takes it way above the next level. Maybe the lack of stylization, vibrant colours... dunno... its uncomfortable to watch. Yet it made me laugh as well, genius really. And the whole buddy cop Wilson scenes with him too, jokes.

The only thing stopping it from reaching god tier is the lack of eye candy.

I finished catching up with Fargo and everyone loved that, thought it was decent. Can't sell people on Utopia though.

In a world where Mad Men is still on?

ib1Fzv73vViHtb.gif

Mad Men, a den of cunts... if I wanted to watch that I would put on PM's question time.

Soz Woods.

rvy

Banned
Because he's the hero Football-GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll make face icons him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a noisy guardian. A bashful protector. A cigarette smoker.

RIP in pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom