• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Not my fault you lot are trying to cling to what you want to believe is the best Ronaldo. In two seasons he'll have become Madrid's all time top scorer and remembered forever as a Madridista legend. His time at United will be remembered as a springboard to better, greener pastures dealwithit.jpg

If you dont want to discuss, log off. UnitedGAFs opinion is not gospel.

:lol

I love it when Pulga just pumps anyone and everyone. /salute

He truly isn't afraid to take on the Hive Mind.

pulga

Banned
is Bayern playing tonight? German mate texted me to meet at the pub for "the game" and Ive no idea what he's on about

Hixx

Fanboy here. LOL!

ibkJZyluEiu2yb.gif

You're worse than rvy and bla combined.

darknil

Any news on availability on both demos? PES and FIFA?

mreh, even if I despise Ultimate Team, I have enojoyed FIFA more since 2010. That transition to PS3/X360 killed the soul of PES.

Zabojnik

Zabo between this and your shitting on James on Twitter you're officially entering the black list :mad:

I mean nothing by it. I'm sure Hamas will be fine for Real. They are approaching Sacchi/Capello Milan levels of talent concentration after all. After a certain point, you can put almost anyone in the starting XI and the other ten will make him look like a world-class player (example: Albertini). Still, I'm sure he'll shine for Madrid in time. I just don't particularly rate him at the moment, is all. Nor his male girlfriend.

Ronaldo was far more exciting to watch at United. I don't understand how anyone could say otherwise with a straight face. More exciting =/= better. The current Ronaldo is basically the perfect footballer & a goal scoring machine.

Facism

Gold Member
I agree he was more exciting at the Man U. I also agree that he's a better player now than he ever was at Man U. Quality player and a quality personality.

I mean nothing by it. I'm sure Hamas will be fine for Real. They are approaching Sacchi/Capello Milan levels of talent concentration after all. After a certain point, you can put almost anyone in the starting XI and the other ten will make him look like a world-class player (example: Albertini). Still, I'm sure he'll shine for Madrid in time. I just don't particularly rate him at the moment, is all. Nor his male girlfriend.

Ronaldo was far more exciting to watch at United. I don't understand how anyone could saw otherwise with a straight face. More exciting =/= better. The current Ronaldo is basically the perfect footballer & a goal scoring machine.

Fuck off. Albertini was GOAT level. Would walk into any team in the world today. Barca hadn't won la liga for years until he came and saved them. Without him there would have been no Messi greatness the past decade ;p

Looks like Carlos Strandberg failed the medical and that's the reason why his transfer to BVB failed/takes so long.

I'm writing this because that's the only BVB transfer that could still happen :lol

Esch

Banned

Like it. This is pretty similar to my own. Not too keen on Sanchez yet (price, competing with Ramsey and Ozil for points, suspect he might take some time to naturalize) but I like it a lot overall.

I'm still struggling with having Costa and Rooney up front while making some sacrifices to my midfield and back line though :'(

Is anyone else exploring the realms and definition of insanity with their FPL?

I must change mine daily at the moment, and then spend the rest of the time thinking about it. Some horrific injuries wouldn't go a miss to make it easier.

A little bit. I was sure I had my team sorted a couple of days ago but then I decided to switch Fabregas for Costa after the friendly last night. Costa was a beast and whilst I think Fabregas will be great for Chelsea it looked like he was playing a very deep role in midfield, taking the ball from the back and starting moves. Meant I had to make sacrifices at the back and my bench is as cheap as possible. I'm not too sure which 4.5 keeper to start with or if Chambers will start the first game.
VoufAGJ.png

Like it. This is pretty similar to my own. Not too keen on Sanchez yet (price, competing with Ramsey and Ozil for points, suspect he might take some time to naturalize) but I like it a lot overall.

I'm still struggling with having Costa and Rooney up front while making some sacrifices to my midfield and back line though :'(

I think Sanchez is gonna get more goals than both of them but yes he could take time to warm up.

Ozil I think will take some time to warm also thanks to a long WC campaign, Ramsey is the complete opposite of this.

Lots of good players for various teams who will get good amounts of points and some for low prices.

No excuse for not having depth.

Costa is a funny one, with the service he's gonna have he should easily get 20+ this season but he could also be a slow starter I may end up having a move around and going for Sturridge who I'm sure will be Liverpools stop goal scorer by a mile.

Yen

Bayern have Dortmund beat where it matters: their home shirt is far superior to Dortmund's, who have a shocker.

You're just getting old, no worries ;)

Fantasy Team:

R66zXr4.jpg

Defence may need work...

I don't think anyone knows who Chelsea's number one is.

Chambers is likely to be 3rd choice CB so minutes will be slow at first but injuries could mean he is good value for money.

Not sure about Isla but I think Stoke will keep a few clean sheets this season.

Rest of the team looks strong.

Esch

Banned
Costa is a funny one, with the service he's gonna have he should easily get 20+ this season but he could also be a slow starter I may end up having a move around and going for Sturridge who I'm sure will be Liverpools stop goal scorer by a mile.

Sturridge I don't feel 100% sold on. I felt like Suarez was responsible for a lot of his excellence. Obviously he'll score a lot of goals, but is he 11.5 worthy for me? I'm not so sure. I actually expect the other team mates of his like Coutinho etc to step up more in reaction to Suarez's absence than he will.

My main concern with Costa is that he's the type of guy to rack up reds and yellows, therefore I can't captain him even though I'm pretty sure he's set up to feed me shitloads of points. He's a guaranteed points earner IMO, Chelsea midfield is too good and they're going to set him up quite a bit, plus I don't see Torres or Drogba taking too many scoring opportunities off him.

This is me right now. May drop Rooney for Dzeko and reinforce my back line with Baines but I feel pretty comfortable with this.

Yeah it'd be a horrendous result for Dortmund if we won off of starting a 19 yo and a 17(!) yo in the midfield.

Well, it's more important for us to play well. Müller and Lewa are players that can score out of nowhere, especially if Ginter starts who might need some more time to get going for us. If it's a tight match and that decides it, who cares.

But looking at Bayern's midfield, we really should win, even though the Liverpool friendly showed we're really missing Sahin/Gündogan and Reus as creative players.

Meier

Anyone know what's up with Coleman? Has he been injured for some time? 7 is a lot for a defender so he better be playing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom