• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Why are my Arsebros not muppeting about Cavani today?

Gooner Updates ‏@GoonerUpdates 4h

Arsenal are interested in signing Edison Cavani from PSG, move will only go ahead if PSG can sign Di Maria from Madrid. [kike]

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_ 5h

@Arsenal Pending what happens with Di María and PSG, Wenger not rule out signing Cavani. Will be possible??

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes 6h

According to @Jeffnorthlondon (https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/489838287461552130 …) Arsenal are currently negotiating for a player who has some third party ownership.

Jeff Weston, an agent working for SEM (agency who represent Gibbs, Eduardo, Henry) says big #AFC deal in the works.

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays 4h

PSG made an offer of €10m now + €50m next year for Di Maria. RMA want €80m. (RMC sport)

Sam ‏@samuelJayC 4h

Depending on what happens with PSG & di María, Arsenal may try to bring in Cavani, reports @Kike_Marin_. pic.twitter.com/MridXVlXLI

Jeff Weston ‏@jeffnorthlondon 7h

OK, I'm told that possible third party ownership issues are the problem in signing THE big player. No names, so pls DON'T ask!

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays 4h

According to Le Parisien : "Cavani spoke to his close friends & family about his desire to play in the EPL. 10.Aug.14

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays 9m

François Pinet talking about Edison Cavani on @itelefoot

Arsene-All ‏@arsenalbarclays 1m

he said that Cavani left SAn Paolo under the Boos, he has not been great with PSG since last year against Chelsea in CL

I'd assume the third party stuff is Carvalho.

Well, it's more important for us to play well. Müller and Lewa are players that can score out of nowhere, especially if Ginter starts who might need some more time to get going for us. If it's a tight match and that decides it, who cares.

But looking at Bayern's midfield, we really should win, even though the Liverpool friendly showed we're really missing Sahin/Gündogan and Reus as creative players.

Bender should eat Hojbjerg and Gaudino alive. There's zero physicality in the midfield with that line-up and you can't "score out of nowhere" if you're forced off the ball every time it crossed into the attacking third.

The only hope is that Schmelzer continues his poor form and we get some link up play in the channels, but that's unlikely.

EDIT: I'm looking at the line up and I literally can't think of a single person who can track Mhkitaryan out of 11.

Slizz

How the heck did you get that team for 100 million. Even the subs are good.

Picked 2 strikers I wanted, 3 mid-fielders, 2 defenders and 1 keeper.

Then hit auto-complete, deleted some players I didn't want and kept autocompleting till I got a lineup I liked.

Takes too much time to assess prices and values for all these players. Auto-complete brings random players you might not have thought of getting.

pulga

Banned
Picked 2 strikers I wanted, 3 mid-fielders, 2 defenders and 1 keeper.

Then hit auto-complete, deleted some players I didn't want and kept autocompleting till I got a lineup I liked.

Takes too much time to assess prices and values for all these players. Auto-complete brings random players you might not have thought of getting.

I imagine thats a bit like Woodwars thought process.

L1NETT

Apologies if it's been discussed but old Richard Scudamore, dear old Dickie boy, wants to add a 39th for purely financial reasons despite the torrid reception the idea previously received from most sane football fans

Some quotes from the fucking brainless donkey (from http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28770356

But Scudamore, speaking at the official launch of the 2014-15 Premier League season - his first public engagement since he was widely criticised for making sexist comments in emails to colleagues - conceded there was no reason to think an additional round of league fixtures would do any more to attract fans than some of the pre-season games that already take place.

What has been interesting over the summer, particularly in the US, watching those audiences, you could argue that we don't need to do it [bring in the 39th game]," he said.
"To get 102,000 to what we would call a pre-season friendly - you wouldn't get more even if there was three points, six points, or even nine points riding on that particular game."

Hmmm so sounds like no need for it then dick

"It will happen at some point - whether it is on my watch, who knows?"

ah

Gaudino must be a real talent. Seems like he got an edge over Scholl.

He's looked great in every game I've seen him play so far. It's as if they cloned Toni Kroos.

We fire them after delivering CLs m8

Jupp was not fired. He didn't want to extend his contract in 2011/12 so we went ahead looking for replacements. He then wanted to come back but we already had an agreement in place with Guardiola.

LNBL

PSV starting a new project on Saturday with a new WIFI system that offers free internet to all supporters. I hope the days of shitty connection in stadiums will soon be over.

a024d6f6-5823-4701-b834-7f004dca86bd_ConnectedStadium468.jpg

Hixx

Which is an amazing feat considering this is open world. My 2500 + 560 GTi won't be enough to HNNNNNNNNGGG properly tho :/

Idk. The more open segments of Witcher 2 still ran at 50+ fps max'd (no SS, obviously) on my PC which is the same. Should be able to get 30 in Witcher 3 at respectable settings.

Bender should eat Hojbjerg and Gaudino alive. There's zero physicality in the midfield with that line-up and you can't "score out of nowhere" if you're forced off the ball every time it crossed into the attacking third.

Bender isn't starting :lol

Kehl - Kirch

Dat old man partnership :lol

Also looks like we are playing a 4-4-2 again

pulga

Banned
Sitting at the pub, pint of Franziskaner in hand, waiting for my real life Blablurn to show up to watch Pep bottle this title.

What a time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
dunno who to support between Bayern and BVB mmm but Bayern are the underdogs with this lineup :lol :lol

I think I actually know more BVB fans IRL, funnily enough.
Which is an amazing feat considering this is open world.
fuck yeah! EXACTLY!

think I'm gonna have to build a new PC for this Witcher too. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom