• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 23s
LVG press conf just wrapped up. Injury news first: nine players out, including Shaw, Evans, Welbeck, Valencia, Carrick, Rafael and RVP

Fucks sake

How many players were injured before pre-season?

RVP is just unfit after WC right?

GorillaJu

The Taiwanese site is cheaper and you can still use the same account to access the New Zealand site.

Ahhh, I see. Fair enough. I can get all the games streaming + the TV channels and normal programs on J-Sports here, the season pass is $150. Might do that since TV tuner clarity is preferable to streaming.

Ok yeah, in it now. So I didn't need to do all that Unblock US business?

Hola is a free, slightly crappier VPN (like UnblockUs)

Anderson and Carrick.

RVP just needs to get fit so he's not really injured.

----------

There is a Reserve match today. If Wilson plays he probably won't have a chance to play tomorrow. Something to monitor.

Salazar

Not really surprised by the list. It's just that the list is exasperating in the context of our bone dry transfer dealings.

Should be looking to batter Swansea.

Wonder if Monk still looks like the most sleep-deprived human who ever lived.

Tc91

DOUBLE SESSIONS FOR ALL YOU FAT FUCKS

I AM KING LOUIS

DO AS I SAY

No way we can go past the end of the transfer window like this. No LB, no RB, down 2 centre backs forcing us to play 2 of the reserve players, Fletcher in CM (actually looked quite good in pre-season but still).

Rojo & Blind in and I think we'll be done. Vidal is a luxury signing IF Woodward pulls his finger out.

Carbonox

Apparently Pardew just said that Santon, Cisse, Tiote and De Jong are out.

Yeah just read. Sucks. You'll roll us over in midfield then. Our only hope of it staying respectable in the middle is a 4-3-3 with a holding midfield of Sissoko, Anita and Colback. Riviere, Cabella and Gouffran can do the heavy lifting in attack.

Arnie

If this was the middle of the season I'd be irritated as fuck, but I'm just buzzing for tomorrow to roll round and kick this off again.

Watching United at the pub
In the stadium to watch Danny Drinkwater put Gareth Barry's head on a spike
Settled on the sofa at home to watch Sanchez get Jedinak'd

B

U

Z

Z

I

N

'
That's fucking sensational.

I'm still unsure as to how I'm following the whole thing from this 35 degree heat.

Just necked a Magnum White, post fresh fish, and I'm now conked out on the balcony. Already had four beers, my head's getting floaty.

Couldn't watch a Lallana montage in this state. Too fluid.
New FourFourTwo is great.

Not a fan of the massive close up of LvG's face though.
Good, innit.

Van Gaal sounds crackers.

Jarnet87

Shaw, Evans, Welbeck, Valencia, Carrick, Rafael and RVP injured, United fans expect at least half of these players to be hurt for a good chunk of the season. Like I said earlier, our back line will be - Will Keane, Fletcher/Carrick, and Blackett (presuming Keane and Blackett can stay healthy) at some point this season, and it's very likely we go to a 4-3-3 because our lack of healthy CBs.

WJD

That's fucking sensational.

I'm still unsure as to how I'm following the whole thing from this 35 degree heat.

Just necked a Magnum White, post fresh fish, and I'm now conked out on the balcony. Already had four beers, my head's getting floaty.

You writing that while I'm sat here making media lists and researching publication stats is tantamount to a human rights violation.

Article 3 or some shit

Fuck Nigel Pearson's peddle boat, I need a holiday.

Shaw, Evans, Welbeck, Valencia, Carrick, Rafael and RVP injured, United fans expect at least half of these players to be hurt for a good chunk of the season. Like I said earlier, our back line will be - Will Keane, Fletcher/Carrick, and Blackett (presuming Keane and Blackett can stay healthy) at some point this season, and it's very likely we go to a 4-3-3 because our lack of healthy CBs.

RVP isn't injured. He's just not going to play because he has only trained for two weeks.

Arnie

You writing that while I'm sat here making media lists and researching publication stats is tantamount to a human rights violation.

Article 3 or some shit

Fuck Nigel Pearson's peddle boat, I need a holiday.
You'll probably be doing a couple of them at our gaff, m8. I did warn you. But it'll be a laugh.

That's why I got away. Spent a year on defcon 2 levels of stress. Half my hair's fallen out, I'm angrier than ever, and have minutes to myself each day.

Staring at the ocean now, boats zipping about, beer in my hand, just tranquil.

rossonero

you can also use beIN sports. I dont know how much PLP is, but beIn sports is $13 a month and includes la liga, serie a and CL. I just purchased it today and it works great through a Jordan Hola.

Plus you get that authentic Richard keys and Andy Gray experience

How is the quality?

Arnie

Was just about to post that. With a spirit like that, he will fit in perfectly at Palace. :) Very glad to have him.
Good footballer as well.

Would love to see him have a prolonged period in central defence, was his position at reserve team level. Great height on him, strong and decent technique. He's got 62 appearances for Liverpool and you don't get that without being able to take and give a pass.

Sad to see him leave but it's a necessity for him. Needs to play. Needs to also keep his knees in good shape. If he does he'll be great.

How is the quality?

Very good. I was watching the premier league show and a championship replay earlier and the HD was good quality.

watching Roma now, but the quality is average, but I think that might be down to the fact it is being played at some training ground.

It is $6 dollars for a day pass. So you can try it for yourself for cheap to see if the quality is good.

Good footballer as well.

Would love to see him have a prolonged period in central defence, was his position at reserve team level. Great height on him, strong and decent technique. He's got 62 appearances for Liverpool and you don't get that without being able to take and give a pass.

Sad to see him leave but it's a necessity for him. Needs to play. Needs to also keep his knees in good shape. If he does he'll be great.

I think he's been bought to play on the right, with Joel Ward moving to left back, but if he gets a chance in central defence if the others are suspended or injuries, I would be suprised if he kept it then.

If you own 25 percent of a player, and someone who owns 75 percent starts throwing their weight around regarding a potential transaction, you'd have to be a prick or a liar to express all that much surprise.

Sporting paying their players in peanut shards and sausage casings, putting honestly hilarious buyout clauses on average-to-alright talent, and having spats with the exploitative pieces of shit that will keep them dysfunctional for as long as they are around - it's like Leeds.

The hilarious buyout clauses are there as a matter of protection, we probably sold 2 players for the buyout clause, the rest have been far cheaper. Our wages might be low to you but you´ve too keep in mind the financial situation of the whole country. We are trying to cut away from this third party funds but many of the deals we have with them come from the previous administration.

rossonero

Very good. I was watching the premier league show and a championship replay earlier and the HD was good quality.

watching Roma now, but the quality is average, but I think that might be down to the fact it is being played at some training ground.

It is $6 dollars for a day pass. So you can try it for yourself for cheap to see if the quality is good.

That sounds great, will try it with Hola when Serie A starts. Thanks for the tip, mate.

Salvadora

Quite fancy Swansea tomorrow.

If they get something, I expect the United fanbase to go into meltdown like us v Aston Villa on opening day last season.

Fergie

Banned
fkACIH4.png

Pretty happy with that.

GAALactic Length, will strive to go all the way.

Manager

City-GAF, Pellegrini said:
"They understand that and maybe in the next day, you will know about other players who have extended their contracts.

Must be at least one of Hart, Dzeko or Milner.

You're overreacting. It's not a good start, but it's not the end of the world.

I just feel like the early preseason excitement has given way to a kind of depression when I see our transfer business, injuries and team.

Still love our attacking options. But that midfield and defense. If City/Liverpool/Chelsea were playing us in the first 5 games they would murder us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom