• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
BBC: "Malky Mackay insists he is no "racist, sexist, homophobe or anti-Semite" after the former Cardiff boss was discovered to have sent offensive text messages."

I've seen people have to defend one or at most two of these stances. Having to deny four different types of prejudice at the same time is quite a feat.

If you offend everyone can anyone get offended?

He needs to offend more people so he and Harry can use this excuse.

Salvadora

I have to believe we will get a DM otherwise i'll go insane.
Like, obviously I don't have an extensive scouting network like Arsenal or personal knowledge of the players through agents/clubs etc, but I'm just not seeing who that would be.

• Khedira is confirmed off by Ornstein.
  • Bender is an eternal mystery and seems unwilling to move.
  • Gustavo apparently likes life in Germany and moved last year
  • Schneiderlin isn't on the cards for some inexplicable reason.

Kondogbia? And I don't even know if he's for sale.

K1LLER7

Embargoed part of the press conference

Louis can you explain why are letting Danny go?
"You are assuming that, I dont want him to go, you are assuming, I dont speak about matters that are for the players and not you, I dont ask you if you have sex tomorrow, same thing, in my opinion the same thing, I discuss it with players and them with me and I discuss it with Ed and the Glazers, never with the players"

Is it a concern people around Welbeck are making it known he is available?
"That is the football world, we have to accept the consequences of the football world, I think a human being, in relationship to another human being, have to show their respect for each other. So what I say to the players is private, what they say to me is private, the player is responsible for his environment"

We respect you need time, the supporters do, they are concerned however they are 3,4,5 players away from standard.
"I dont think I have to discuss that, because I think that is something Ed the Glazers and my staff. It is not good for the club, the players or for me"

The manner of the defeat and injuries and not signing for 55 days will it take longer than 3 months?
"Im only saying what is my experience, i can only refer to that, clubs like Bayern or Barca are good references, I think. It can be one month, but it can also be four months, it is not a question of being champion at the end of the season because we have to build up a team. That process takes maybe longer, but that is dependable, in my other clubs we did it in the first year already, so what can i say? We need to wait and see, believe in it. When I have to say it, already 5 times in a press conference that is not a good signal.

The concern is the manner of defeat
"The fans need also to believe like Ed and the Glazers believe, we need the fans. It was amazing, after our loss, that the fans were applauding, I never had that experience, nowhere. So, when you are saying it concerns us, what I have seen, iti was amazing"

Do you expect to sign players next week and what is the situation with injuries?
"Yes, we have 7 injuries, that is alot, also in my career as a trainer coach ever had 7 injuries in my selection, last game it was 9 so we are progressing. Fellaini he has an ankle problem so we have to wait and see, because tomorrow we scan because it always better to do after 2-3 days, I cannot say anything about that, he is injured. Herrera is also injured, so 4 midfielders are out. It is a little bit thin in midfield, but that I have already explained that this is very difficult when you have a trip to the US to be prepared for the season"

"Evans is one day recovered, trained today for the first time"

"Herrera too early to say, happened yesterday, today too early for a scan"

"Marcos not available because the work permit, we have to arrange the permit"
Cheers Cola.

Gaal looool

Now get the signings in.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
His English is so broken, so typing it verbatim makes some things not make sense. That being said changing it would remove half the fun, the sex quote was hilarious.

omgkitty

Like, obviously I don't have an extensive scouting network like Arsenal or personal knowledge of the players through agents/clubs etc, but I'm just not seeing who that would be.

Rabiot? Also Khedira was confirmed off at the time. If the rumors about him are true, it wouldn't be crazy to see us go back in for him. The Bender stuff is weird. I assume we never went back for him this summer or we just asked and they said no. As some of the Bundesliga fans in here have said, not a whole lot of rumors come out of Germany, so I'm sure if we've asked it doesn't mean rumors will have come out of it. I also think the Gustavo stuff is just roll over from last summer, and I don't think we were ever in for Schneiderlin, or we would have tried to work it out while doing the Chambers deal.

Lads, it said Oz at left mid, not ox. FFS.

Back 5+2 DM's+ AM+3 Attackers=11.

Ozil is not a LW. It would make more sense to stick Jack out there. Ozil plays like shit out wide, and we didn't buy him for that.

wedward

I don't think Willy or Sami or off yet.

Schneiderlin I think is possible we would just have to come in with a huge bid. Don't think Southampton want to sell.

I am getting to the point where I would be happy with a cheap, young frenchman (Rabiot).

o lol. Thought you missed at x and hit z.

omgkitty

I don't think Willy or Sami or off yet.

Schneiderlin I think is possible we would just have to come in with a huge bid. Don't think Southampton want to sell.

I am getting to the point where I would be happy with a cheap, young frenchman (Rabiot).

o lol. Thought you missed at x and hit z.

Especially if Wenger trusts Arteta that much. I'm willing to keep Arteta starting for this year if it gives Rabiot time to settle in, but the rumors of how much PSG want is way too high and might be why things have gone quiet.

wedward

Wayne has spoken:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...nal-close-in-on-manolas-signing?ICID=HP_BN_10

WEYVEY said:
With 10 days of the transfer window remaining, Wenger is also in the market for a midfield anchorman who might also be able to provide cover for the centre-back position.

They are expected to wait to see if they can overcome Besiktas in their Champions League qualifier - with the tie goal-less ahead of the second leg at Emirates Stadium next week - before upping their offer for Carvalho.

The Gunners are also monitoring the availability of Sami Khedira, who has rejected a new Real Madrid contract and could leave the Bernabeu in the final days of the window.

Back 5+2 DM's+ AM+3 Attackers=11.

ioSlcSo50w25Y.gif

Scum

Schneiderlin should have been Wenger's first signing this season.

BBC: "Malky Mackay insists he is no "racist, sexist, homophobe or anti-Semite" after the former Cardiff boss was discovered to have sent offensive text messages."

I've seen people have to defend one or at most two of these stances. Having to deny four different types of prejudice at the same time is quite a feat.

I thought the last one said "asthmatic" when I first saw it and was quite impressed that he had left no stone unturned.

FA should ban him, big bad Tan still made a huge mistake with Ole, it was a fucking horrendous appointment but he's not looking too bad out of all this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom