• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Really nervous about this Everton match tomorrow.

First match against a "big" away opponent in the league and I'm desperate to avoid another humiliation.

They gutted us last season.

7As5B8m.png

wedward

First match against a "big" away opponent in the league and I'm desperate to avoid another humiliation.

Mentally we were pretty destroyed going into that game.

Buy yeah, not confident. No clue what lineup to expect. Hopefully Sanogo up top. Can't take another game of unfit Giroud.

Well yeah, but he had those sweet lobb passes to RvP.

You just have to get the ball in the general area of RVP and he will make magic happen.

jtb

Banned

I'm desperate for Wenger to buy some players. so, really, we can't lose.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
MUTV showing the rest of the conf at 10:30 apparently, ill do a type up

wedward

I'm desperate for Wenger to buy some players. so, really, we can't lose.

Do you honestly believe that a man as stubborn as Wenger will let his plans be changed based on a game against Everton?

He already knows if this team is good enough to compete or if we need more players.

Salvadora

Do you honestly believe that a man as stubborn as Wenger will let his plans be changed based on a game against Everton?

He already knows if this team is good enough to compete or if we need more players.
Seriously.

If the players he wants aren't available, he will simply do nothing.

That is that.

wedward

I am sure he sitting there saying "lets wait and see how we do against Everton before making any decisions on signings"

It could not be more obvious where we need player. He knows this better than anyone.

Seriously.

If the players he wants aren't available, he will simply do nothing.

That is that.

Yup. He has shown over and over that he will not compromise on top players. If he can't get the player he wants he will wait for the next window.

Arnie

If Real lose this will the pressure to keep ADM intensify?

Also, loved that Atelico set piece to create a gaping hole for Raul Garcia. Two packs ran in opposite directions to split the box like the red sea.

jtb

Banned
I think Wenger has his targets and how the opening games play out will influence whether or not he's willing to pay the asking price for, say, a Schneiderlin or Khedira. We know the players are available and how desperately we need those players is going to influence how much money he's wiling to pay, since we know that on face a 30m fee or a 150k wage is an "overpay".

see: Mertesacker and Arteta. obviously that's the absolute worst case extreme case, but he went against his principles and was willing to overpay for the players we needed.

Barzul

Cavani and CB.

Cavani is a top 10, arguably top 5 striker in the world.

There are no top 5 DM's available.

The thing is I'm not so sure Cavani is available. Falcao on the other hand definitely is. Someone just has to pay up. I hope we're looking there. He would add a lot to our attack. I'd offer him 5 years at 150k and if we can bin Poldi, we can afford the 45-50m fee it would take to get him. Mind I'd definitely take Cavani also, but I'd be more confident that deal could happen if they signed someone else big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom