• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

wtf did they just say regarding Khedira on ServusTV? Was it just speculation?

missed it, only heard the "leipzig isnt too far away from Munich" part.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fun match between Atleti and Madrid, Mandzukic looks happy at Atletico he was probably fed up of tiki-taka.

wedward

The thing is I'm not so sure Cavani is available. Falcao on the other hand definitely is. Someone just has to pay up. I hope we're looking there. He would add a lot to our attack. I'd offer him 5 years at 150k and if we can bin Poldi, we can afford the 45-50m fee it would take to get him. Mind I'd definitely take Cavani also, but I'd be more confident that deal could happen if they signed someone else big.

Sure, I thought you were just asking as a hypothetical.

Don't think either will move this summer.

omgkitty

I think Wenger has his targets and how the opening games play out will influence whether or not he's willing to pay the asking price for, say, a Schneiderlin or Khedira. We know the players are available and how desperately we need those players is going to influence how much money he's wiling to pay, since we know that on face a 30m fee or a 150k wage is an "overpay".

see: Mertesacker and Arteta. obviously that's the absolute worst case extreme case, but he went against his principles and was willing to overpay for the players we needed.

Sadly I feel like doing poorly tomorrow might help Arsene make up his mind on buying someone, though we can't afford to lose next Wednesday at any cost.

Arnie

The LVG conference snippet on BBC is incredible.

I actually quite like LVG. Got it bang on there, even with his broken English.

*highfive

K1LLER7

If Real lose this will the pressure to keep ADM intensify?

Also, loved that Atelico set piece to create a gaping hole for Raul Garcia. Two packs ran in opposite directions to split the box like the red sea.
It might do.

Ronnie pls score.

jtb

Banned
why does Monaco want to get rid of Falcao anyways? did the owner stop investing or something? because if he's for sale...

also Mandzukic was a great buy for Atletico. they did great business this summer, might even have a better squad this season than last. which is particularly impressive, given half their team plays for Chelsea now.

Salvadora

Falcao is (allegedly) 29 this season and is still recovering from a ACL injury.

£45-50m fee and a 4/5 year contract would be far too much.

Lets face it, Barzul, we are not getting a CF or else we would have heard about interest from someone, anyone. The fact of the matter is; we are in the market for a CB/DM. Arsenal will get a CB and probably not a DM.
The LVG conference snippet on BBC is incredible.

I actually quite like LVG. Got it bang on there, even with his broken English.

*highfive
Liked his analogy about driving on the other side of the road.

inky

I'm surprised Falcao hasn't moved to Madrid if I'm honest. He wants it, Madrid would love to have him I'm sure, Monaco is reportedly giving up on their project already... like, just do it.

Falcao "is available", but his heart is set on RM, and he knows next year it's going to be harder to force a move there if he goes somewhere else now.

Lets face it, Barzul, we are not getting a CF or else we would have heard about interest from someone, anyone. The fact of the matter is; we are in the market for a CB/DM. Arsenal will get a CB and probably not a DM.

You are not in a market for a DM, Artera is your DM and captain.

omgkitty

why does Monaco want to get rid of Falcao anyways? did the owner stop investing or something? because if he's for sale...

also Mandzukic was a great buy for Atletico. they did great business this summer, might even have a better squad this season than last. which is particularly impressive, given half their team plays for Chelsea now.

It's weird because even if their buyer has decided to back off, they have shit ton of money from the Rodriguez deal, so it does make me wonder what's going on over there. Plus, the have Traore, Berbatov and Martial still, so Falcao isn't hugely necessary for them.

Bold One

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BvqhrrfIcAA0-DY.png

MriiHWd.gif

wedward

Rather not take the risk on Falcao and just go for Cavani.

I think we will definitely get a CB. It would be shocking if we didn't.

I have to believe we will get a DM otherwise i'll go insane.

You are not in a market for a DM, Artera is your DM and captain.

Except every single journalist has said we are. Wenger has also said we are looking.

Wenger does not care about who is captain.

Barzul

He's 28, well according to Wikipedia and as far as the ACL tear goes they're no longer as career destroying as they used to be thanks to modern sports medicine. He's worth a 40m gamble and 4 years on 150k. He's a less risky proposition than the one United took with RVP imo.

Abraxas

I honestly think Wengers best choice in the bigger games would look like this:

Back five
--New DM--Wilsh--
------Ramsey-------
Walcott-Alexis--Oz

Barzul

If however Cavani is available then we should be all in for him, but L'Equipe said this morning that he won't be sold under any circumstance. Makes me doubt the plausibility of an already improbable move.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Embargoed part of the press conference

Louis can you explain why are letting Danny go?
"You are assuming that, I dont want him to go, you are assuming, I dont speak about matters that are for the players and not you, I dont ask you if you have sex tomorrow, same thing, in my opinion the same thing, I discuss it with players and them with me and I discuss it with Ed and the Glazers, never with the players"

Is it a concern people around Welbeck are making it known he is available?
"That is the football world, we have to accept the consequences of the football world, I think a human being, in relationship to another human being, have to show their respect for each other. So what I say to the players is private, what they say to me is private, the player is responsible for his environment"

We respect you need time, the supporters do, they are concerned however they are 3,4,5 players away from standard.
"I dont think I have to discuss that, because I think that is something Ed the Glazers and my staff. It is not good for the club, the players or for me"

The manner of the defeat and injuries and not signing for 55 days will it take longer than 3 months?
"Im only saying what is my experience, i can only refer to that, clubs like Bayern or Barca are good references, I think. It can be one month, but it can also be four months, it is not a question of being champion at the end of the season because we have to build up a team. That process takes maybe longer, but that is dependable, in my other clubs we did it in the first year already, so what can i say? We need to wait and see, believe in it. When I have to say it, already 5 times in a press conference that is not a good signal.

The concern is the manner of defeat
"The fans need also to believe like Ed and the Glazers believe, we need the fans. It was amazing, after our loss, that the fans were applauding, I never had that experience, nowhere. So, when you are saying it concerns us, what I have seen, iti was amazing"

Do you expect to sign players next week and what is the situation with injuries?
"Yes, we have 7 injuries, that is alot, also in my career as a trainer coach ever had 7 injuries in my selection, last game it was 9 so we are progressing. Fellaini he has an ankle problem so we have to wait and see, because tomorrow we scan because it always better to do after 2-3 days, I cannot say anything about that, he is injured. Herrera is also injured, so 4 midfielders are out. It is a little bit thin in midfield, but that I have already explained that this is very difficult when you have a trip to the US to be prepared for the season"

"Evans is one day recovered, trained today for the first time"

"Herrera too early to say, happened yesterday, today too early for a scan"

"Marcos not available because the work permit, we have to arrange the permit"

Arnie

If however Cavani is available then we should be all in for him, but L'Equipe said this morning that he won't be sold under any circumstance. Makes me doubt the plausibility of an already improbable move.

I don't know why PSG would.

Would undermine their entire project considering Ibra's age.

Confirmed : Van Gaal has sex with his players. Always looked like the type who would demand a handjob from a player, for them to get onto the pitch.

BBC: "Malky Mackay insists he is no "racist, sexist, homophobe or anti-Semite" after the former Cardiff boss was discovered to have sent offensive text messages."

I've seen people have to defend one or at most two of these stances. Having to deny four different types of prejudice at the same time is quite a feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom