• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Glad to see Alexis getting a shot through the middle already so if he sucks there we can all call for Wenger's head when the window closes.

H1PSTER

Apparently Jonah scored a beaut

We are about to lose our best player to injury and our unbeaten streak

Jonah scored a 35 yarder!

And that sucks, I hope it gets better for your lot matey, I understand how frustrating it is supporting a team going through something like that.

Our main man, Jimmy Spencer is injured at the moment and a lot of fans thought the season was pretty much bollacksed from then onwards as he was a beast for us last season and played a huge part in us staying up.

Galliani had lunch with Roma's director.

Please give us Destro, Roma. We won't challenge you for the scudetto, I promise. We just don't want to get relegated.

deroli

So this summer we lost our best striker

and Lewandowski lol.

I'm happy for Schieber. It was just not meant to be, him and us. If that cunt Santana hadn't touched the ball in the CL quarter finals against Malaga, Schieber would have scored one of the most important goals in recent years for us. Such a moment would have given him a huge boost in Dortmund. Ah well, you can't change the past.

BvvBLOCIYAEpy2O.jpg

Glorious

Edit: saw Woodens gifs, oh well

GorillaJu

Haven't been following discussion here but from what I saw in this game, Leicester were the better team outside of their inability to finish. I mean Matic, Fabregas and Ivanovic were just no where to be found on those attacks where they opened up the entire Chelsea half of the pitch in a few forward passes.

Chelsea had more attempts on goal but none were really quality chances while Leicester had 3 or 4 gilt-edged scoring opportunities.

Whatever though, Hazard and Costa FPL points is enough to sate me.

okfuaq.gif

Willian should start, but I'm not ready to give up on Oscar yet. Schurrle is better off the bench.

Schurrle was one of the best players today even when everything wasn't going well for him, his constant runs adds something that the rest don't. He has to start.

Good second half, the Fabregas - Matic partnership can be shaky defensively though, especially when Matic and Oscar gives it away as much as they did today in what seemed like safe posession, that allowed them to counter attack quite a bit.

Stulaw

3-1 to West Ham, I'm happy with that, defence left too much space for the Palace goal, but then they were on the back foot. All the goals were good, and Carlton Cole scored.

Ve1ocity

Willian definitely needs to start, I love the pace and energy he adds to our play, Oscar looks like he's playing with a zimmer frame most of the time, like how many touches do you need? he's the Lampard of this season.

pulsemyne

Lucky to get the win in the end, Burnley much the better side for all of the second half.

Still, six points out of six !!
Yeah they deserved a draw out of that. They aren't a bad team at all are Burnley. Still we have been done over lots of times while playing better than other teams. You win some you lose some. Surprise of the day was Amat being good. He was useless before.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sincerely hope this isnt another game where Alexis gives the ball away all the time, needs to show more for me.

GQman2121

Banned
Schurrle was one of the best players today even when everything wasn't going well for him, his constant runs adds something that the rest don't. He has to start.

Good second half, the Fabregas - Matic partnership can be shaky defensively though, especially when Matic and Oscar gives it away as much as they did today in what seemed like safe posession, that allowed them to counter attack quite a bit.

It's a good problem to have. And I'm not knocking Schurrle, because you are right, he does add another dimension to the side that is similar to an SS on the wing. I just think he's more effective in that role off the bench.

Oscar named MOTM on NBC. Sure, why not....

wedward

Sincerely hope this isnt another game where Alexis gives the ball away all the time, needs to show more for me.

Eh. Kind of the risk with a player that takes players on. Also he played some good balls into the box but Giroud is too slow to get on any of them.

But yeah, still looks like he needs to get on the same page as the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom