• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Stop calling everyone dire hahaha

729050.jpg

Thing with the 352 that I've noticed in both these matches is that the pitch is always very wide. As in both teams almost always look to utilise the full width and I don't know if that's always the case in other leagues.

It means the wing backs are not able to get in behind opposition defences unless you can disrupt the other teams shape and then switch it quickly into those gaps.

I think we will change to 433 at half time. Blackett to LB.

Arnie

Mate just said to me - and it's a great point - would you rather have Sunderland's back two over United's three?

I would.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie, you think what I said is bad; my dad said "this might be a bit extreme, but the team should have a purge, a Munich type situation". I just sighed.

As with Swansea, the most disappointing thing is Sunderland haven't had to be very good. They've done the bare minimum: looked organised, hounded us and pressed in possession, made the most of set pieces. Teams don't even have to put in the game of their life to beat Manchester United anymore. They can just do it.

Devastating.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
1 chance in 45 minutes is pretty good, gotta accept that there is seldom going to be a game where we keep a clean sheet, defence isnt up to it. Only chance is if we can produce a piece of magic because our build up play is terrible.

L1NETT

Buckley and Wickham look decent

Wickham is a proper specimen.

Cattermole broke things up well too

Phahahahahah Shatner so good

Thing with the 352 that I've noticed in both these matches is that the pitch is always very wide. As in both teams almost always look to utilise the full width and I don't know if that's always the case in other leagues.

It means the wing backs are not able to get in behind opposition defences unless you can disrupt the other teams shape and then switch it quickly into those gaps.

I think we will change to 433 at half time. Blackett to LB.

352 doesn't suit the EPL especially not with our defenders. With it's pace, physicality and reliance on wingers.

What we are doing is playing 532 in these two games, the wingbacks become permanent fullbacks.

LVG has to see this.

fuenf

Gaals first 3 games as Bayern coach

yrl1q5R.png

We won the league in that season.

Dont be afraid, ManU

unfortunately ManU cant buy Robben to save them. He'll try have DiMaria save him but that wont work as DiMaria is worse than Robben and the EPL is much more competitive than the Bundesliga.

Fintan

Funny stat from the NBC commentator. United's 3 CBs have a lower average age than Sunderland's 2.
Why wouldn't they? It's an average. It would be funny if you added up the three of the United players and it was less than the Sunderland total.

352 doesn't suit the EPL especially not with our defenders. With it's pace, physicality and reliance on wingers.

What we are doing is playing 532 in these two games, the wingbacks become permanent fullbacks.

LVG has to see this.
Well I think the biggest problem, regardless of formation, is the speed of play. Not enough verve either because the midfielders are too slow and clumsy or the forwards just lack pace pure and simple.

It's all very tepid.

I would take RVP off he isn't fit. Already blowing.

Zabojnik

This is arguably the shittiest thing about the cursed 352 formation. There is basically no proper, effective player overlapping on the wings.

WJD

I said yesterday that no way Chelsea would play as bad as they did first half in their second half. Just not the case with us - we're liable to get worse if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom