• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

Sure but it depends how you look at it. In the normal economic world, no footballer is worth what is paid for them. In the football world, money isn't an issue because the majority of top clubs can pay as much as they want for players. So who cares how much money is paid for them.

Well of course..nothing is worth anything, even within the 'normal' economic world. But I think that for the most part, value in the transfer market is based on what is 'normal' If Bale, CR7, Neymar and Suarez are the new top end standard then Di Maria is probably not a bad price.

I think the larger issue right now is how balanced UTD squad will be when the transfer window closed. This will be too expensive a deal if they don't address other problem areas.

Hixx

OPINIONS

Mannone is BACK. Was pretty poor against WBA but what a boss. What. A. Boss.

van Aanholt is fucking terrible. Valencia had him shit scared all game ffs. Bring back Alonso ASAP...

Brown and O'Shea are better than any defenders Man United have. Ty Uncle Fug.

Vergini is great, all hail Santi Vergini.

Lee Cattermole is the best DM in the league. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong.

Rodwell looked alright, great header & some nice turns.

Wickham needs to play CF and we need to fuck Fletcher off. He does nothing.

Buckley was quite impressive. Good option for when AJ isn't fit.

Chris Smalling
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png

Tom Cleverley
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png

Ashley Young is a fucking disgrace and should be banned from football.

Hixx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpt0jvRtjOk

Ellis Short did the Ice bucket challenge thing.

If only the bucket was filled with money for transfers.
LLShC.gif

omg hahah

"The club will fine Adam for nominating me and donate the proceeds to ALS"

Edit: He nominates Mike Ashley, Alan Pardew and Jack Colbacl

fuck it I take it back, what a guy Ellis Short is.

Bumhead

Banned
THAT FUCKING CAT!!!

I don't think anything makes me laugh more than animals. Like the Loftus Road Squirrel last year or when you were at school and a dog ran on the field.

OPINIONS

Mannone is BACK. Was pretty poor against WBA but what a boss. What. A. Boss.

van Aanholt is fucking terrible. Valencia had him shit scared all game ffs. Bring back Alonso ASAP...

Brown and O'Shea are better than any defenders Man United have. Ty Uncle Fug.

Vergini is great, all hail Santi Vergini.

Lee Cattermole is the best DM in the league. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong.

Rodwell looked alright, great header & some nice turns.

Wickham needs to play CF and we need to fuck Fletcher off. He does nothing.

Buckley was quite impressive. Good option for when AJ isn't fit.

Chris Smalling
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png

Tom Cleverley
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png
ibbeoXJbpptaSR.png

Ashley Young is a fucking disgrace and should be banned from football.

Wait, aren't you a Southampton fan?

sneaky77

Munir ahead of Pedro.. and then Neymar will be back and Suarez.. I think Pedro may want to start looking to move in the next 7 days

L1NETT

:lol where did you get that from?

Don't they have bad hearing problems?

Did I dream this

In cats, inherited congenital (present from birth) deafness is seen almost exclusively in white coated individuals. The deafness is caused by degeneration of the auditory apparatus of the inner ear and may affect one ear (unilateral) or both ears (bilateral).

From icatcare.com

Well of course..nothing is worth anything, even within the 'normal' economic world. But I think that for the most part, value in the transfer market is based on what is 'normal' If Bale, CR7, Neymar and Suarez are the new top end standard then Di Maria is probably not a bad price.

I think the larger issue right now is how balanced UTD squad will be when the transfer window closed. This will be too expensive a deal if they don't address other problem areas.

Utd are pretty fucked if they don't buy a centre mid or another defender by the end of the window. But Di Maria is a huge improvement over our current wingers, Young and Valencia.

:lol where did you get that from?

I'd never heard it either. So I looked and found this:

95% of the general cat population is non-white cats (i.e. not pure white) and congenital deafness is extremely rare in non-white cats.
5% of the general cat population is white cats (i.e. pure white). 15-40% of these pure white cats have one or two blue-eyes.
Of those white cats with one or two blue eyes, 60-80% are deaf; 20-40% have normal hearing; 30-40% had one blue eye and were deaf while 60-70% had one blue eye and normal hearing.
Of the 5% of white cats in the overall population, 60-80% had eyes of other colors (e.g. orange, green). Of those 10- 20% were deaf and 80-90% had normal hearing.
Deaf white cats with one or two blue eyes account for 0.25 - 1.5 of total cat population
Total number of cats with white coat and blue eyes account for 0.75 - 2.0% of total cat population

Jarnet87

I am dead inside watching this United team. We need to flush the whole squad down the drain and start over.

- Surprise surprise Chris Smalling picked up an injury. I said at some point soon this season our back line would consist of Keane Fletcher/Carrick and Blackett if we stick 3 CBs, looks like it's coming very soon. I expect Jones to get a knock soon and be out for a few fixtures. Inexcusable that van Gaal only bought 1 CB when our 3 most senior CBs are injury prone and have been since their debuts.
- I don't know what LVG is doing with this 3-5-2. It's tough to tell whether Valencia and Young are being conservative and not helping the attack because of design, or if they are just so god dam bad. But if it is the case that van Gaal wants them to be help more defensively (basically 5 at the back) then why the fuck are we not playing 2 fullbacks instead.
- Fletcher and Cleverly did exactly what everyone expected. Our front three players can't even get the ball, and when they do their only option is to pass it back. Our midfield has no runners, Young and Valencia are utterly useless. RVP and Rooney were ghosts today, I think Rooney touched it 3 times. RVP only got the ball when he shifted out to the right, and of course Valencia just stood still instead of making a run or cutting in.
- Even a team as bad as Sunderland has more pace then United now. Every time we looked to break they had 4 or 5 defenders back to our 2 attackers.

Go_Ly_Dow

I am dead inside watching this United team. We need to flush the whole squad down the drain and start over.

- Surprise surprise Chris Smalling picked up an injury. I said at some point soon this season our back line would consist of Keane Fletcher/Carrick and Blackett if we stick 3 CBs, looks like it's coming very soon. I expect Jones to get a knock soon and be out for a few fixtures. Inexcusable that van Gaal only bought 1 CB when our 3 most senior CBs are injury prone and have been since their debuts.
- I don't know what LVG is doing with this 3-5-2. It's tough to tell whether Valencia and Young are being conservative and not helping the attack because of design, or if they are just so god dam bad. But if it is the case that van Gaal wants them to be help more defensively (basically 5 at the back) then why the fuck are we not playing 2 fullbacks instead.
- Fletcher and Cleverly did exactly what everyone expected. Our front three players can't even get the ball, and when they do their only option is to pass it back. Our midfield has no runners, Young and Valencia are utterly useless. RVP and Rooney were ghosts today, I think Rooney touched it 3 times. RVP only got the ball when he shifted out to the right, and of course Valencia just stood still instead of making a run or cutting in.
- Even a team as bad as Sunderland has more pace then United now. Every time we looked to break they had 4 or 5 defenders back to our 2 attackers.

it's absolutely horrific

beyond belief how some players weren't shown the door weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom