• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
I love it when Wenger sells players right before the deadline with no plan of replacing them. Always works out brilliantly.

feel

Even though they haven't been gone THAT long, seeing Boavista back on the top portuguese league again hits right in the feels with childhood nostalgia.

I love it when Wenger sells players right before the deadline with no plan of replacing them. Always works out brilliantly.

How about when he buys players right before deadline? What was the Asian guy called, Too Young? and fucking Santos lol, weren't they both at like the same day? That was good times.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So whats up with Rooney? He is static, not using the ball well and his prerogative is either a crossfield ball or shooting into defenders.

L1NETT

How about when he buys players right before deadline? What was the Asian guy called, Too Young? and fucking Santos lol, weren't they both at like the same day? That was good times.

Mertasacker was as well if my brain remembers. And Arteta

But yeah Park chu young is up there in worst prem players ever

Hilariously bad

Easy for you to say

Wednesday are gonna win the fucking LEAGUE

They look good.

But (early days) psycho has got his shit down. Assosbalonga and Antonio look tidy.

Your boys Charlton look decent, Vetokele is your next favourite player.

wedward

Sometimes you have to wait till the end of the window for the real quality players to become available.

Never trust the word of child traffickers

62GAF5n.gif

FuturusX

While that is true it also comes from the sponsors and other areas also.

The costs of underperforming again are extemely real, it's probably worth overpaying £15m or so on the assumption that he's going to be reasonably consistent and not just turn to crap as soon as his boots touch the OT turf.

Sponsors only come in because of the fanbase. They are paying to advertise to you, if you support UTD. Every penny generated it connected to fans directly or indirectly.

GQman2121

Banned
Shit, United play again on Tuesday. MK Dons, but it's still minutes on the players. That helps balance out their league schedule if only a bit.

I would have paid and arm and leg to get Pele in his prime or Cruyff. Shit Arsenal got Bergkamp for peanuts.

You have to say that CR7 was steal considering his consistent level of brilliance. Some players are worth it.

Sure but it depends how you look at it. In the normal economic world, no footballer is worth what is paid for them. In the football world, money isn't an issue because the majority of top clubs can pay as much as they want for players. So who cares how much money is paid for them.

wtf eibar has two straight promotions and a stadium which seats like 5000, now they just beat sociedad without signing anyone noteworthy for this season, I don't recognize any player in their starting XI, their manager must be some kind of tactical genius, sign him woodward!

Weren't they the team that had something that looked like a Kickstarter to get into the Spanish top league?

EDIT: Found it on Wiki...

In 2013–14 Eibar earned, for the first time in its history, one of two direct promotion berths to La Liga,[4] which was certified on 25 May 2014 with a 1–0 home win against Deportivo Alavés. Simultaneously, however, the club was threatened with relegation back to division three due to its financial inability to transform, as required by law, into a Sociedad Anónima Deportiva. In order to become a S.A.D. Eibar needed to have a share capital of at least 2,146,525.95€ before 6 August 2014. The club launched a campaign named Defiende al Eibar (Defend Eibar) with the aim of reaching the required share capital through a seasoned equity offering. On 15 July 2014 the club announced it had reached the established goal.

Wilbur

Banned
Brilliant result for Eibar. Now time to watch Barca die.

They look good.

But (early days) psycho has got his shit down. Assosbalonga and Antonio look tidy.

Your boys Charlton look decent, Vetokele is your next favourite player.

I'd love to see Forest back in the Prem. Just one of those clubs that should be there, like Derby and Blackburn and... Leeds. pls.

I can't have the same favourite player as Wooden, the world would implode. Thought Charlton would struggle to be honest, owner seemed a bit of a cunt and their manager had a touch of the Deila-Hockadays.

Just noticed that Enzo Perez isn´t even on the bench for Benfica. Either he hasn´t recovered from his injury or he´s going to Valencia. The press are saying that Peter Lin, Valencia´s new owner, has personally come to Lisbon to close the deal until Monday. It seems he´s quite angry because they had an agreement with Benfica a while ago but Benfica now wants more money.

Stubo

Sponsors only come in because of the fanbase. They are paying to advertise to you, if you support UTD. Every penny generated it connected to fans directly or indirectly.
Fair point.

I'd still rather see this transfer happen than not. If it falls through we're in real danger of being in a worse place than last season with regard to personnel. Not that I think Shaw, Herrera and Rojo are bad signings - just their current ability on balance with the defenders who have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom