• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

Market has inflated more than a hippo on helium and United have so much cash 10/20 million here or there makes no difference as they are in desperate need of class talent

It really isn't a "crazy" transfer. By any stretch

If I was them, I would have gone all out to get Vidal or Pogba. Their midfield is very poor.

Bumhead

Banned
The "worth" of Di Maria depends entirely on the rest of their business this window.

If he's part of the bigger picture then it'll be an excellent signing. If he's their last bit of business and United line up their defence and midfield like they did today then there will be an inquest.

LAM09

The "worth" of Di Maria depends entirely on the rest of their business this window.

If he's part of the bigger picture then it'll be an excellent signing. If he's their last bit of business and United line up their defence and midfield like they did today then there will be an inquest.

This.

I can't see Utd signing another WC player. Di Maria isn't going to be the saviour by himself.

L1NETT

If I was them, I would have gone all out to get Vidal or Pogba. Their midfield is very poor.

We can all play that game. In an ideal world yeah any club in the world would have those two but it's far more complex than that. Depends on who wants to come, if the club is willing to sell etc etc

Also I don't think United are done in the market. Gaal's not an idiot, he knows and the past two matches have crystallized what is wrong with their current personnel

Or Man Utd's desperation. Leaving it very late.

Other cogs had to move before anyone could get him out of there.

LAM09

i want one of them at madrid next season (hopefully khedira is gone next season and alonso is getting old)

vidal, modric, kroos or pogba, modrid, kroos would be something special

Your getting greedy now. LOL!

I can see Vidal joining Bayern, and Pogba going to PSG in the future. My predictions.

LAM09

We can all play that game. In an ideal world yeah any club in the world would have those two but it's far more complex than that. Depends on who wants to come, if the club is willing to sell etc etc

Also I don't think United are done in the market. Gaal's not an idiot, he knows and the past two matches have crystallized what is wrong with their current personnel

Other cogs had to move before anyone could get him out of there.

You seem certain they are going to keep buying. Who else have they got lined up then, that will make a significant difference?

FuturusX

£63.9m

€80m

It's not coming out of my pocket, so it shouldn't bother me. It won't as long as we can still bring in defensive upgrades.

It's coming out of the pockets of every fan who buys an over-priced shirt and ticket. Every fan who watches them on Sky in the pubs and at home. The Glazers certainly are not going to foot the bill.

Yeah. I think the wing backs would make a difference, those two are far more direct than the ones we have.

It's not just personnel though. The players definitely look unsure about where they should be positioning themselves and there aren't enough combinations developing etc.

As ever midfield is the crux of it though. The two today may aswell not have been there. Anyone else in the squad could have done a better job. In any good team you need a midfield that directs things and ours is just an obstacle really, with those two players at least.

We need to win the next 3 regardless. Teething problems are fine but you have to get results.

Really didnt like the lack of pressing late on either. That was not good

Well, LVG just said today that Kagawa can't play as CM because he has tried him there and it hasn't worked out. Don't know how he can be worse than Cleverly. What more does it take for LVG to see that Fletcher can't play there either?

We should just resign ourselves for the next 2-3 months to be bad.

L1NETT

You seem certain they are going to keep buying. Who else have they got lined up then, that will make a significant difference?

How the fuck should I know who they have got lined up? What an odd question.

Any mug could tell you that team needs significant investment, and VG is no mug.

At a punt I'd say De Jong, Another CB, maybe Blind

It's coming out of the pockets of every fan who buys an over-priced shirt and ticket. Every fan who watches them on Sky in the pubs and at home. The Glazers certainly are not going to foot the bill.

Sponsor dosh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's okay, my love for juve is as blind as it is for arsenal! I put £5 on them to win the champions league! Believe!!!
If this happens, I'll tattoo Allegri's rapist face on my forehead
Can't see Arsenal agreeing to that. I just can't.
But we asked nicely <3

And we gave you Henry, never forget. And robbed you of Nicky B's talent for a season, for which we're sincerely sorry
Your getting greedy now. LOL!

I can see Vidal joining Bayern, and Pogba going to PSG in the future. My predictions.
Naah. Vidal won't go back to Germany and I'm 300% sure Pogba is going to Madrid next season

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Gaal is strangely calm in his post match interviews, a defeat and draw, both playing rather uninspired and he doesnt break sweat, like its a pre season game. Perhaps he is more animated in the dressing room, or maybe he expected this.

FuturusX

No player is worth the money paid for them

Adidas have paid United ten times what Di Maria cost lol

I would have paid and arm and leg to get Pele in his prime or Cruyff. Shit Arsenal got Bergkamp for peanuts.

You have to say that CR7 was steal considering his consistent level of brilliance. Some players are worth it.

LAM09

How the fuck should I know who they have got lined up? What an odd question.

Any mug could tell you that team needs significant investment, and VG is no mug.

At a punt I'd say De Jong, Another CB, maybe Blind

It ain't an odd question at all. De Jong and Blind will just fill gaps. They won't push you much further.

Bumhead

Banned
Gaal is strangely calm in his post match interviews, a defeat and draw, both playing rather uninspired and he doesnt break sweat, like its a pre season game. Perhaps he is more animated in the dressing room, or maybe he expected this.

Van Gaal is a world class professional in his job.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, which anyone can tell Van Gaal about this United team that he won't know himself.

We are also two games into the season. Now is not the time to start panicking.

Stubo

While that is true it also comes from the sponsors and other areas also.

The costs of underperforming again are extemely real, it's probably worth overpaying £15m or so on the assumption that he's going to be reasonably consistent and not just turn to crap as soon as his boots touch the OT turf.

Zabojnik

Can't see Arsenal agreeing to that. I just can't.

"You would, if you had my peripheral vision."

images

Wilbur

Banned
33 points on FPL but I think it'll take 4 off me for the transfer, so 29.

Need either Kolarov or Sterling to have a massive game tomorrow. I need to get to 42 to keep up my 50 points a week average.

Wilbur

Banned
LAM you are so weird :lol

You call Linny a United fan and when he says he isn't, you say you aren't

pls

Van Gaal is a world class professional in his job.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, which anyone can tell Van Gaal about this United team that he won't know himself.

We are also two games into the season. Now is not the time to start panicking.

Easy for you to say

Wednesday are gonna win the fucking LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom