• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

To be fair, I don't think it's the most prophetic of predictions, Arnold.

Was clear when they were releasing half the defence and chasing unobtainable players with Woodward at the helm of the ship.

Nice to see that Mario Kart is getting what looks like awesome new tracks and Link.

That leak showed again how bad Nintendo's character choice is, though. Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach made me really go "what the hell is this shit". There are so many characters they could choose from and they decide to add shit characters like those or the 5th baby version or some metal version of Peach...

To be fair, I don't think it's the most prophetic of predictions, Arnold.

Was clear when they were releasing half the defence and chasing unobtainable players with Woodward at the helm of the ship.

Yeah it's not like everyone with some sense didn't say that

So only a few of United gaf

pulga

Banned
Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Just saw the score.

Really United? Really? That is how you welcome Angel?

Jeeeeeesus.

So how long we betting LVGenius lasts at the helm?

Wilbur

Banned
It's just going to get worse, too. Can't believe they just spent 60 million British pounds on a single player who solves none of their problems.

Yes he does.

Adds pace, creativity, is better in centre midfield than almost everyone else we have and he's world class. That's four right there.

pulga

Banned
Wilbur pls tell me what happened. I have like 20 pages to get through.

JESUS CHRIST UNITED

Moyes was never the issue it seems

Arnie

is better in centre midfield than almost everyone else we have

tumblr_lfagq0isCL1qajdkfo1_250.gif

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Yeah Fergie has a lot of explaining to do with the state of things he left.

He's like that dictator who had everything tip top when he was alive and running things. But the minute he goes away and his kids take charge, everything falls apart. You then realise the whole damn thing was rotten, and he was able to keep it together through sheer will and personality.

Looooool just read through the thread

So much over reaction

Our youth/reserves always do shit

Remember a few seasons ago when we lost to Southend?

Elchele

Nice to see that Mario Kart is getting what looks like awesome new tracks and Link.

That leak showed again how bad Nintendo's character choice is, though. Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach made me really go "what the hell is this shit". There are so many characters they could choose from and they decide to add shit characters like those or the 5th baby version or some metal version of Peach...

they should add Grosskreutz

Elchele

'Read my mind' by The Killers is still my favorite song. so good
the rest of their stuff is pretty average tho

can we stop talking about manu pls

K1LLER7

Wilbur pls tell me what happened. I have like 20 pages to get through.

JESUS CHRIST UNITED

Moyes was never the issue it seems
We got outplayed.

Some guy with a beard Pirlo would never approve of, even had the audacity to chest the ball past De Gea and into the net.

Sell us Varane. Di Maria is not enough. Maybe even Illaramendri too.

'Read my mind' by The Killers is still my favorite song. so good
the rest of their stuff is pretty average tho

can we stop talking about manu pls

I like the first few songs of their first record.

The second record was fucking terrible all around, your taste sucks m8

That's how you discuss music on the internet, right?

Wilbur

Banned
Seriously though, look at that fucking team we put out today. Evans coming back from an injury and two youngsters, the midfield four consisted of two debutants, Powell who has played for our club no more than five times, and fucking Anderson.

Front three and De Gea were the only ones that should be anywhere near our first team at the moment, considering Evans' fitness. And then Shinji goes off and is replaced by Adnan. And then Wilson comes on later.

That's one starter, the goalkeeper. Let's not read too much into tonight, boys, embarrassing as it was.

justjohn

Why didn't Utd go for the athletico manager? Van gaal is a very good manager but his best days are clearly behind him. This club just keeps making one shit decision after another. Lmao

Bold One

Seriously though, look at that fucking team we put out today. Evans coming back from an injury and two youngsters, the midfield four consisted of two debutants, Powell who has played for our club no more than five times, and fucking Anderson.

Front three and De Gea were the only ones that should be anywhere near our first team at the moment, considering Evans' fitness. And then Shinji goes off and is replaced by Adnan. And then Wilson comes on later.

That's one starter, the goalkeeper. Let's not read too much into tonight, boys, embarrassing as it was.

The manner of the defeat I think is what took people by surprise

GorillaJu

You're right but it's still pretty concerning because it's one of three competitions you're in this year already stricken off the list. The performance isn't particularly worrying because of what you just said, even though I still think a team with Welbeck, Hernandez and co. should be able to score at least once.

Wilbur

Banned
eh? who do you have that's even in the same stratosphere?

Herrera is a dedicated centre midfielder whereas Di Maria is a converted winger. Wouldn't say that there was too much disparity in their seasons last year in terms of individual performance.

How bad do they have to be to lose to a 3rd tier team like this?

A few points:

1. the English lower league system is far stronger than any of its equivalent, so losing to a third tier team (or second, or fourth) happens far more often than it does in Germany or Spain, for example

2. We had three debutants tonight, two players who has played twice, two who have played around five times. Half of the 14 players who played for us had that little experience, and they were all very young and not prepared for the game that these little heralded lower league sides, with all their experience and ruggedness, could offer

3. The other players consisted of, in order:

De Gea
Evans (coming back from injury and hasn't played since April)
Anderson (perennial underachiever)
Kagawa (injured very early)
Adnan (played poorly but seemed unclear where exactly he was supposed to be)
Hernandez (fucking gash)
Welbeck (some good touches but not enough quality around him and not good enough to do it all himself)

Does this excuse the result or the performance? No, but there's mitigating factors, including the fact the league is more important, we have a lot of injuries, and the reasons above. Van Gaal got it pretty wrong in terms of personnel and tactics tonight, but there's no reason to overreact based on one game with all these factors.

Yen

It's awful being a culchie. There's no banana custard in the house and I can't head to the shops so I have to eat rice pudding, like some kind of chump

Wilbur

Banned
What was the lineup?

De Gea; Keane, Evans, Vermiji; Janko, Anderson, Powell, James; Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez

Kagawa came off very early after injury for Adnan.

The manner of the defeat I think is what took people by surprise

You're right but it's still pretty concerning because it's one of three competitions you're in this year already stricken off the list. The performance isn't particularly worrying because of what you just said, even though I still think a team with Welbeck, Hernandez and co. should be able to score at least once.

Oh I absolutely agree with you guys, but Viva was right earlier. Doom mongering over the formation, the result, that we lost to a lower league side... it's embarrassing, but it's not the end of the world. I've still got every faith in the manager, who is learning quick and is hamstrung by both our injury situation and our movement in the transfer market. The lineup today is a world away from our first choice XI. One, two, three at a push first teamers, and seven or eight that aren't even second choices.

Ashes

Banned
From a technical viewpoint, United had a bad game. Can't remember the last time I've seen so many poor passes.

We tested their keeper once, right?

pulga

Banned
Herrera is a dedicated centre midfielder whereas Di Maria is a converted winger. Wouldn't say that there was too much disparity in their seasons last year in terms of individual performance.

You must be fucking kidding me. You must be.

You honestly cannot have typed out that sentence.

Di Maria was one of the best players in the whole world last season. Herrera is some no-one United bought because #yolo.

Jesus Christ, you're pulling an ArsenalGAF.

I'm really disappointed in you :/

Wilbur

Banned

Di Maria was one of the best players in the whole world last season. Herrera is some no-one United bought because #yolo.

Herrera was brilliant and instrumental in getting Bilbao to a Champions League place.

Herrara has always impressed me whenever I watched Bilbao

It's not our fault you only watch a football match every blue moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom