• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I hate that answer, it's so fucking shallow

fergie made a lot of mistakes towards the end of his career

Well, yes, he did, and we've talked plenty about them before: shit scouting system in place, shit dead wood players bought on a whim filling the ranks, even naming Moyes after him for the hard transitional period that was always going to happen.

Trying to put it on him after this time is just as counterproductive now. Signings done after he left and this past transfer window is proof that it's hardly all on him.

Milan seem well in to this Torres stuff. But Christmas is not until December 25th?

So, who are we signing? Remy? Destro? (Very unlikely IMO) Welbeck?

Few more you need to ship as well Jose *cough*

the only one we have really been linked with recently is Destro. Will take him, Remy or Bony. I guess I would take Falcao or Cavani if they are actually available :p!

Bold One

Yes. Yes. Yes. Still had so much to offer, any team who lose almost their entire first choice back line will suffer, and it will take time to fix. I still have faith but my god are we in for some unpleasant days.

My head feels like Luke Shaw has sat on it as well, such a headache.

the start of last season began with some flattering results, but this shows we need to go back to basics.

4 weeks of pre-season is not enough time to instil a new system and philosophy

Lightning

Banned
Radamel Falcao is available for a £20 m season-long loan & it's claimed he'd be prepared to join Arsenal until end of season. (Telegraph)
Fuck that shit. I'm desperate for a player, but not that desperate.

K1LLER7

TomMcDermott: "Di Maria says he expects to play in a midfield three at #mufc"

Yes!!!

Also Van Gaal compared him/his role to Robben's.

Clegg

TomMcDermott: "Di Maria says he expects to play in a midfield three at #mufc"

Yes!!!

Also Van Gaal compared him/his role to Robben's.
For that to work United will need to sign a capable defensive midfielder. Herrera is a box to box type and Mata an AM. Clev and Fletch are crap, Fellaini and Ando won't start. It also leaves us with fuck all quality out wide.

Salvadora

Bv_sZd5IIAAMvfS.jpg

the only one we have really been linked with recently is Destro. Will take him, Remy or Bony. I guess I would take Falcao or Cavani if they are actually available :p!

Problem is we need to drop outright two foreign players, if we buy then that's another one. Which is why I see Jose seeing Welbeck as a late option to go for as he's English trained. Money touted for destro is too high for someone who could just be a bencher really. Remy can play around behind the striker so some versatility might be good for him.

Wilbur

Banned
Problem is we need to drop outright two foreign players, if we buy then that's another one. Which is why I see Jose seeing Welbeck as a late option to go for as he's English trained. Money touted for destro is too high for someone who could just be a bencher really. Remy can play around behind the striker so some versatility might be good for him.

He's not going to go from bench at United to bench at Chelsea. He wants first team football.

Bumhead

Banned
Our manager has commented tonight that we might be able to complete a loan signing "now that certain teams are out".

Hopefully it's a Burnley or Leicester player. No thanks Louis.

Then surely it must be Van Ginkel, Torres and Cech. Or we just won't name Schwarzer to any of our squads? I fail to see any other way. Also we won't sell Torres anyway so this is all a dumb discussion :(

He's not going to go from bench at United to bench at Chelsea. He wants first team football.

Daddy Mou will just tell him he will be a starter, and then put him on the bench.

Seriously though, have a hard time seeing him go to a club, where he will have a clear starting spot on

Salvadora

Why would Van Gaal instigate 3-5-2 all the way down to youth level if he was planning on changing it by the end of the transfer window (or before) Wilbur?

Clegg

We can't even be sure if it's the system because some of our players are so crap. Couldn't even pass the ball five yards without giving it away.

Wilbur

Banned
Daddy Mou will just tell him he will be a starter, and then put him on the bench.

Seriously though, have a hard time seeing him go to a club, where he will have a clear starting spot on

Yeah; can't see any of the top six giving him guaranteed starting positions.

Why would Van Gaal instigate 3-5-2 all the way down to youth level if he was planning on changing it by the end of the transfer window (or before) Wilbur?

Because we don't have the players. He even said himself ideally he'd play 4-3-3 but we don't have the personnel.

Fuck it. I trust him not to be an inflexible dinosaur and change formations based on the task at hand.

If we sign another CM i think it will, especially when all our injured players come back.

pls

Should probably try and sign Fabregas instead

then we are dead

:

Maybe.

But not because of tonight. There isn't a chance Van Gaal is changing his formation because his B/C team lost a match.

People just have to suck it up. It's a truly shocking and embarrassing defeat but you can't just throw in the towel immediately. The manager is not going to give up on the past 6 weeks and his ideas because of this.

We know Van Gaal prefers 433, he has said that. But I don't think we are close to having the squad where he feels comfortable making that switch.

Elchele

Pep did the same last season with the 4-3-3. now we're playing 3-4-3. Both are some of the biggest deluded egocentric idiots in the football world

Salvadora

Because we don't have the players. He even said himself ideally he'd play 4-3-3 but we don't have the personnel.

Fuck it. I trust him not to be an inflexible dinosaur and change formations based on the task at hand.
But he came in before the injury crisis and undoubtedly with plans to bring in players (like a CM) before Woodward messed the transfer window up.

Dunno, just seems like an incredibly short-term massive change from what you're saying.

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe.

But not because of tonight. There isn't a chance Van Gaal is changing his formation because his B/C team lost a match.

People just have to suck it up. It's a truly shocking and embarrassing defeat but you can't just throw in the towel immediately. The manager is not going to give up on the past 6 weeks and his ideas because of this.

We know Van Gaal prefers 433, he has said that. But I don't think we are close to having the squad where he feels comfortable making that switch.

Dunno why he thinks we have enough competent centre backs to keep playing three every week :lol

And we don't have any fucking wing backs whatsoever.

Clegg

English lads: what the fuck was going on at government level that allowed Rotheram to be completely ignored? This is on the scale of Irish govts turning a blind eye on paedophile preists.

K1LLER7

For that to work United will need to sign a capable defensive midfielder. Herrera is a box to box type and Mata an AM. Clev and Fletch are crap, Fellaini and Ando won't start. It also leaves us with fuck all quality out wide.
Fletcher will have to do for now, unless another CM is brought in over the next 2 days.

If he intends to play a 433/Diamond, the fullbacks and strikers will have to provide the width. On the wings.

Wilbur

Banned
But he came in before the injury crisis and undoubtedly with plans to bring in players (like a CM) before Woodward messed the transfer window up.

But we didn't have the personnel then. That's like saying "I'm going to sign Messi, I will play with Hernandez as false nine while I wait."

I've got no doubt we'll continue to play 3-5-2 on occasion. I think we'll be playing 4-3-3 as well, once all our buys (if there is more) are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom