• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BwC3RKZCYAABDnd.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
according to @MomblanOfficial, Vidal is saying goodbye to his teammate in Vinovo

more news in a couple of hours!

At QPR I was trying to make a point to Anton Ferdinand soon after he signed about not taking chances when playing the ball out. It wasn't sinking in so I went onto the pitch and to emphasise I side footed the ball, then whacked it 30 yards into the top tier of the stand. The lads laughed. "That's where I want it to go", I said. "Do you understand? I don't want you turning, dribbling, trying to pass back. If you're not sure, kick it in the stand."

Palace are dead.

Phlebas

Banned
At QPR I was trying to make a point to Anton Ferdinand soon after he signed about not taking chances when playing the ball out. It wasn't sinking in so I went onto the pitch and to emphasise I side footed the ball, then whacked it 30 yards into the top tier of the stand. The lads laughed. "That's where I want it to go", I said. "Do you understand? I don't want you turning, dribbling, trying to pass back. If you're not sure, kick it in the stand."

Palace are dead.

Is that a real quote? holy shit lol

RIP Palace

Mastadon

Banned

Palace are dead.

The lack of quote marks really baffled me for a minute there, I won't lie.

sohois

Palace are dead.

That's certainly a marked difference from Pulis's cultured football.

Palace are dead.

I was very very confused

Scum

Palace are dead.

Viva Warnock, pls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm going to regret asking this but is that guy at all reliable? Just seems like a Juve fan account.

It has the word official in his twitter name, so it must be true!

Tbh I have no idea, but I've seen his name several times on my TL before :lol

Di Marzio is saying that Vidal's agent is still in Milan trying to find a team for his clients Seymour and Jorquer, or something. Who knows, maybe there's a piece of paper/napkin written by Woodward in one of his pockets?

Manager

Tell that to the 80,000 who were at Wembley last season, Manager. The real support.

I never said I or City fans don't care about Capital Cup, I just get the impression few care about it as much as for example FA Cup.

All the big clubs play their kids and reserves anyway up until the finals. I very much doubt those matches make a difference.

It stops management, scouts, everyone from preparing for the upcoming PL match one week away, instead you need to put 3-4 days to prepare for the CC match. You need your best players to at least sit on the bench, a couple will start together with the reserves. Mentally, physically, it's a strain, specially around the middle of December and January during the quarter-finals and double semifinals.

Liverpool 2013/14 and United 2014/15 have very different squads.

Much more depth for United to handle those sort of games.

They currently have 27 senior players to play FA Cup and Premier League, ridiculous, with potentially more to come. That's almost three players per outfield position. And yet, they only have one right back and one left back.

Tbh I have no idea, but I've seen his name several times on my TL before :lol

Di Marzio is saying that Vidal's agent is still in Milan for his client Gary Medel, or something. Who knows, maybe there's a piece of paper/napkin written by Woodward in one of his pockets?

If he was in Manchester yesterday it makes sense if he's working on other deals today.

#wishfulthinking

Palace are dead.

Sounds a bit much for a Ferdinand to comprehend to me

Palace are dead.

Edwin Van Der Sar has a similar story at Juve. When he first got there he tried making a pass to one of the Juve defenders, who wasn't expecting it and everyone started going crazy at him. They told them that this ain't Ajax and you don't do that here.

Salvadora

They currently have 27 senior players to play FA Cup and Premier League, ridiculous, with potentially more to come. That's almost three players per outfield position. And yet, they only have one right back and one left back.
a lot has been made about their slowness in the transfer market re: acquisitions but, equally, the lack of outgoings is incredible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Udinese spend 7m+ on their 7000 scouts every season :lol holy fuck, no wonder they stumble on gems every year!

Hixx

Palace are dead.

Anton is canny with the ball. Bit clumsy at actually defending, though. Also he's a bro.

Fuck Warnock, leave Anton alone you cunt.

You can't just pay off the contract and be done with it. Besides what's the point of doing that, it makes little difference keeping them around cost wise...and there's the off chance you can use them or sell them to someone.

A few will go out on loan with subsidised wages I think.

Salvadora

Who would want them though.. can't just put them out with the trash and have them picked up.

Put simply no one will pay our shit players' wages.
For someone like Anderson, sure, but the likes of Chicharito/Welbeck/Cleveley/Kagawa could quite feasibly be shifted without doing a Nani and paying 100% of the wages.
You can't just pay off the contract and be done with it. Besides what's the point of doing that, it makes little difference keeping them around cost wise...and there's the off chance you can use them or sell them to someone.

Arsenal have done it iirc.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
can we all just stop for one second and imagine what's it like being Woodward?

You've just signed the best winger in the world, the best box-to-box midfielder player across all sports, an exciting young Spanish CM who actually passes forward, Everton's best player (it doesn't matter if he flopped) and fucking Mata, yet everyone still thinks you're an idiot and you should be sacked.

oh and the fattest fullback in the league

all I'm trying to say is...JUSTICE FOR WOODWARD AND THE GLAZERS

LegoArmo

Di Maria's wife passed on all the Instagram messages, lol I love her.

I hate their faces! Cleverley and Young playing for United is always a negative, I'd rather play 16 year olds, or with 9 men.

For someone like Anderson, sure, but the likes of Chicharito/Welbeck/Cleveley/Kagawa could quite feasibly be shifted without doing a Nani and paying 100% of the wages.

Arsenal have done it iirc.

Think Welbeck's a different problem to the other 3. People want him but he either doesn't want to go to them or the club thinks they're a top 6 club and won't sell.

Manager

a lot has been made about their slowness in the transfer market re: acquisitions but, equally, the lack of outgoings is incredible.

Makes you wonder what they'll do if they can't get 3-5-2 working. Shaw and Rafel their only full backs, 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 will be difficult if they're injured and replaced with CBs who aren't capable offensively (or Valencia I guess?).

If they change to 4-4-2 (or 4-2-3-1), they'll have the following players destined for the two CM spots:
Fellaini
Cleverley
Carrick
Anderson
Fletcher
Herrera

But then you have additional CAMs who together with strikers would compete for the striker/supporting striker roles:
Mata
Kagawa
Powell
Rooney
RVP
Wellbeck
Chicarito

12 players for four positions. I didn't include Di Maria as a CAM, I guess he'll be on the wings (?).

Salvadora

Think Welbeck's a different problem to the other 3. People want him but he either doesn't want to go to them or the club thinks they're a top 6 club and won't sell.
Think it would be best for his career if he did.

Could have done a job for the likes of Everton, before they brought in Eto'o, and revived his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom