• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why are you selectively sharing quotes?

"I had offers from many clubs. Juve was amongst those. Joining Roma was my choice"

How can I even trust you

what does that have to do with his first quote though! Even Arsenal were in on him at some point.

You mean the one who saved our club, and who has taken it from the near extinction in the championship, to a second succesive season in the Premier League? Yeah, what a tit.

Comes across as a tit, and replacing Pulis with Warnock is the mark of a tit no matter how good a job he's done getting you there in the first place

inky

BwCvAsRCUAEnJgR.jpg

Why does he always have so much trouble with these things?

what does that have to do with his first quote though! Even Arsenal were in on him at some point.

I really cant believe he said that. Imagine how that feels. You just sold like one of your best players and then the guy who is replacing him says that.

Jeez.

Comes across as a tit, and replacing Pulis with Warnock is the mark of a tit no matter how good a job he's done getting you there in the first place

He's replacing Pulis because Pulis asked to leave (and Pulis might be a bigger tit then Parish), and as for Warnock, I'm not thrilled, but if you look at Parish previous choices of managers after the mistake with George Burley.

*Dougie Freedman - lifted us from relegation fodder in the championship to promotion contenders.
*Ian Holloway - achieved promotion for us.
*Tony Pulis - kept us in the premier league.

And guess what, few people were thrilled with any of those appointments. Warnock might be the one that keeps us in the PL now. The things people are saying now about Warnock are the same things everyone said about Pulis when he was appointed.

When people are commenting Palace, they're always just looking at the last few months. I've been supporting them for 20+ years, and I'm backing Parish.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really cant believe he said that. Imagine how that feels. You just sold like one of your best players and then the guy who is replacing him says that.

Jeez.

Isla to a Chilean reporter after we've signed him from Udinese

"I have faith in what I am and I know that I will play at Real Madrid"

mauricio-isla-600x337.jpg

Does anyone watch Espanyol regularly (not just when they're losing to Barca or Real)? I'm curious what Napoli is to expect if we sign David Lopez Silva. Could it be a savvy, last-second signing, or have we simply become absolutely desperate for a DM?

Clegg

I'd be encouraged by these Vidal stories as it looks like they're direct briefings from the club. But at the same time, what United brief isn't always the truth. However, since muppetry overrides logic I'd like to be the first to welcome Arturo Vidal to Manchester United Football Club.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Does anyone watch Espanyol regularly (not just when they're losing to Barca or Real)? I'm curious what Napoli is to expect if we sign David Lopez Silva. Could it be a savvy, last-second signing, or have we simply become absolutely desperate for a DM?

From what I have read, both Lucas and Sandro are on wages beyond what Napoli can offer to a player in that position.

I think Benitez had a long list of midfielders and with De Guzman already signed, perhaps a cheaper option for DM is preferred.

Salvadora

I'd be encouraged by these Vidal stories as it looks like they're direct briefings from the club. But at the same time, what United brief isn't always the truth. However, since muppetry overrides logic I'd like to be the first to welcome Arturo Vidal to manchester United Football Club.
Why do you brief the press so often?

Let your actions speak.

Bold One

At this juncture I would hope that some of the club's representatives are in talks with De Jong and the Blind fellow, we lack stability in the middle *insert Sony joke here*

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd be encouraged by these Vidal stories as it looks like they're direct briefings from the club. But at the same time, what United brief isn't always the truth. However, since muppetry overrides logic I'd like to be the first to welcome Arturo Vidal to Manchester United Football Club.

It's done. Hell, if you were a Manchester City fan, I'd say we're in the "get a tattoo of the player" phase

kaka%2Btattoo.jpg

That Sport1 commentary about Benatia is unbelievable. Could have been written by Milch or Pennywise :D

He's world class (yes, world class) and 30 million is a bargain for him, don't listen to anyone.

Clegg

At this juncture I would hope that some of the club's representatives are in talks with De Jong and the Blind fellow, we lack stability in the middle *insert Sony joke here*

De Jong has been ruled out, I think. Blind may only be a fallback option if we fail to get Vidal. Although he can play as a winback so we may go after him anyway as cover for Shaw.

omgkitty

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 5h

#AFC unlikely to sign striker despite Giroud injury. Not definitive but current plan is existing options rather than buy/loan #bbcsportsday

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 4h

#AFC still want CB/DMF (maybe someone who can do both) but likely to be squad player not big name as (esp CB) will be back-up #bbcsportsday

tired_george_michael_arrested_development.gif

Salvadora

We aren't owned by a sheikh with bottomless pockets of cash, we have commercial obligations, that plus leaks
It just comes across like every week there is a story about a new transfer centre with iPads and whiteboards, or Van Gaal playing Mata behind the CF.

Like, that isn't explained by leaks/commercial obligations.

Barzul

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 5h

#AFC unlikely to sign striker despite Giroud injury. Not definitive but current plan is existing options rather than buy/loan #bbcsportsday

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david · 4h

#AFC still want CB/DMF (maybe someone who can do both) but likely to be squad player not big name as (esp CB) will be back-up #bbcsportsday

tired_george_michael_arrested_development.gif

Let's hope a win today changes things. It's all I can cling onto at this point. At least let's get Willy C.

It's done. Hell, if you were a Manchester City fan, I'd say we're in the "get a tattoo of the player" phase

kaka%2Btattoo.jpg

He's world class (yes, world class) and 30 million is a bargain for him, don't listen to anyone.

I always think that third one says goatsex... seriously, whats it really say?

Jack cw

I know, but general attitude from some media outlets is hilarious. They claim that Bayern bought him for way too much money and he hasnt really shown any grat games besides a few months of solid performances in Serie A... calling him a risk because Serie A is inferior and he has no CL experience. They run a sports TV station...

Bold One

De Jong has been ruled out, I think. Blind may only be a fallback option if we fail to get Vidal. Although he can play as a winback so we may go after him anyway as cover for Shaw.

I just think its a bit risky putting all our eggs in the Vidal basket this late into the window.

omgkitty

Let's hope a win today changes things. It's all I can cling onto at this point. At least let's get Willy C.

I don't consider Willy a squad player like David says. I fucking swear if we don't sign a striker....ugh I don't even know. Even if it's just someone like Remy or Welbeck.I've just never been so mad at one of his tweets before. I truly hope whoever his club contact is, they're just giving him the standard message and that Wenger is actually doing something.

Bold One

It just comes across like every week there is a story about a new transfer centre with iPads and whiteboards, or Van Gaal playing Mata behind the CF.

Like, that isn't explained by leaks/commercial obligations.

We have a ton of sponsors from all over the world who want their signage next to the badge, believe it or not we get more coverage in press when we loose than when we win, The club is used as click-bait by world journalist no more so than during a transfer window, United is box office win or loose

its all a bit bizarre.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pochettino says he was at the MK Dons match last night. Having a look at Welbeck presumably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom