• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm 2 newspapers say Campbell is "the target", is it known that Arsenal wants to get rid of him?

Shitty league but Benfica is playing the champions league I guess, could be appealing. And shitty league aside, we are known for launching players and doing big sales in the last 10 years or so (between Porto and Benfica). How old is Campbell?

Barzul

Hmm 2 newspapers say Campbell is "the target", is it known that Arsenal wants to get rid of him?

Shitty league but Benfica is playing the champions league I guess, could be appealing. And shitty league aside, we are known for launching players and doing big sales in the last 10 years or so (between Porto and Benfica). How old is Campbell?

22. Don't think we'll sell him with Giroud's injury. We turned down a loan move to Milan.
Earliest epl games are 11pm. Usually start at 3am

That is early!

Haha, people are retweeting my ...

marrycash.png

... like there's no tomorrow. Should've patented it, my dear Hitch. <3

I hate you so bad

No excuse for Napoli or Rafa, Fair enough he hasn;t been given the money to strenghten this summer, but there's no reason for them to regress that badly. Behrami is the only first 11 plaer who's left afaik

Congrats Arsenal, result is the only thing that matters in matches of such importance

I hate you so bad

No excuse for Napoli or Rafa, Fair enough he hasn;t been given the money to strenghten this summer, but there's no reason for them to regress that badly. Behrami is the only first 11 plaer who's left afaik

Congrats Arsenal, result is the only thing that matters in matches of such importance

tbf, Behrami's a damn good player.

Just the seen the Napoli highlights. They defended like amateurs last night.

They still doing the '15 yards between each defender, everyone stood on their heels' thing?

I quite like Albiol, but players of his ilk aren't who I'd want when a clean sheet becomes the priority as it did when Hamsik scored

LAM09

They still doing the '15 yards between each defender, everyone stood on their heels' thing?

I quite like Albiol, but players of his ilk aren't who I'd want when a clean sheet becomes the priority as it did when Hamsik scored

Not sure about that, but they were all over the place for the second goal especially. The defenders and their GK got in each others way, and Adruiz had an open goal.

Whenever I have watched Napoli, they can't defend leads. They will either outscore the opposition, concede late on like they did several times last season, or lose.

Lightning

Banned
We have known since May that Verms was leaving and didn't replace him.

We have needed a DM and Striker for 3 years.

Does anyone still have faith in Wenger in the transfer window?
You were so sure though that Chambers would not be 3rd choice? You think our business is done for this window?

omgkitty

Losing faith in this transfer window and Wenger?

I've had my faith crushed in the last few weeks. I'm close to pre-Ozil levels. The last thing we need is a fight with Chelsea over a player. We can offer more games but they'll offer shit tons more money just because they can and we'll get nothing.

Lightning

Banned
No. We will buy a CB.

Probably another midfielder too. Sounds like it will be Rabiot.

Neither will be of the quality we need. And no striker.
A striker was never coming. I told you before that Sanchez was our striker. I doubt we will buy 2 players, I think we'll get Rabiot and call it a day. That's what it looks like anyway. Any defender we buy will be pants and I know literally nothing about Rabiot so have no excitement for him whatsoever.

I've had my faith crushed in the last few weeks. I'm close to pre-Ozil levels. The last thing we need is a fight with Chelsea over a player. We can offer more games but they'll offer shit tons more money just because they can and we'll get nothing.
We're not buying a striker.

EmiPrime

Realistically this will be another of those finish 3rd/4th in the league, knocked out in the QFs of the champions league seasons that are all too familiar. That's our level frankly.

Hope we take the domestic cups really seriously.

omgkitty

A striker was never coming. I told you before that Sanchez was our striker. I doubt we will buy 2 players, I think we'll get Rabiot and call it a day. That's what it looks like anyway. Any defender we buy will be pants and I know literally nothing about Rabiot so have no excitement for him whatsoever.

SHUT UP AND LET ME BELIEVE

You were so sure though that Chambers would not be 3rd choice? You think our business is done for this window?

Wenger has shown time and time again then in his mind if we are doing ok then that is good enough for him. We have not lost a match and we just qualified for the CL proper. Now in his mind he is telling everyone I told you this group of players is good enough and he will think they can mount a serious challenge.

It is why he didn't add anyone in January. Kallstrom was all we needed in his mind to stay in 1st place, when every single person who watched Arsenal could tell what would happen. And it did, from 1st to 4th.

wedward

Realistically this will be another of those finish 3rd/4th in the league, knocked out in the QFs of the champions league seasons that are all too familiar. That's our level frankly.

Hope we take the domestic cups really seriously.

Yup. Top 4 and past the R16 would be a solid season for this squad.

Just not enough quality in this squad to challenge.

omgkitty

Wenger has shown time and time again then in his mind if we are doing ok then that is good enough for him. We have not lost a match and we just qualified for the CL proper. Now in his mind he is telling everyone I told you this group of players is good enough and he will think they can mount a serious challenge.

It is why he didn't add anyone in January. Kallstrom was all we needed in his mind to stay in 1st place, when every single person who watched Arsenal could tell what would happen. And it did, from 1st to 4th.

The only thing that can save us is being blown out by Leicester this weekend.

Sanchez is not a striker and Wenger will fuck him up playing there. Even Messi could not play as a lone forward in the PL every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom