• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Did man united lose 4-0 using reserves or their actual team? I honestly don't know, not taking the piss of united fans :(

An actual team. No Rooney though, or Mata if I remember correctly.

mQ1Xqi5.jpg

VHRinSs.jpg

loool

fuck the last post of the page.

Jack cw

You guys should read "Herr Pep" from Marti Perarnau. There is a quote from Guardiola regarding the tactical positioning of the DM in football. He says that there are only 3 players in the world that are able to get passes behind the oppositions line from the DM position: Sergio Busquets, Xabi Alonso and Philipp Lahm.

Alonso is basically the perfect midfielder for Bayern because he plays the position with way more power than Lahm. Rafinha is injured and there is no decent back up to Lahm on the right back. So Lahm wont play as DM. Thiago is out at least 4 weeks and this transfer says that Schweinsteiger has a severe injury. He isnt out for days but for months.

Hojbjerg and Gaudino are still very young and will profit from Alonsos experience. And talking about experience, Bayerns squad has become pretty young after some players left. The most experienced players are Pizarro who is 36 and then Lahm, Ribery who are just 30. Alonso will lead the team this season and is able to execute Peps tactics perfectly.

This transfer is brilliant on many levels.

Meier

Did man united lose 4-0 using reserves or their actual team? I honestly don't know, not taking the piss of united fans :(
It was more reserves than not. About 10 or so U-21s and a few fringe first team players to go alongside some regulars. Welbeck, Chicharito, Evans, Januzaj and De Gea played. Kagawa went off after 20 mins and Januzaj replaced him.

An actual team. No Rooney though, or Mata if I remember correctly.

It was mostly reserves/U-21.

First Team Players:
De Gea, Evans, Hernandez, Welbeck, Januzaj. In these, Hernandez/Welbeck/Januzaj don't really start or have started games for us on a regular basis.

Saidy Janko - no league appearances for Man U and hopefully never will.
Vermiji - no league appearances for Man U and hopefully never will.
Powell - no league appearances for Man U and hopefully never will.
Reece James - no league appearances for Man U and hopefully never will.
Michael Keane - 1 PL appearance for Man U due to injury. Hopefully not again
Pereira - no league appearances for Man U
Wilson - 1 PL appearance last season vs. Hull

Anderson - Hardly played for Man U in last 3 years. But part of squad and hopefulyl never again.
Kagawa - Another hardly used player, makes us all sad :(

It was still a crap defeat that we are ashamed of. But this wasn't what any actual MU team would look like. It was a mix-match of reservers/youth, some first team players and some players who hardly even start for Man U.

So, Shinji might be heading back to Dortmund. Even though it's our loss, it's difficult to watch a good player waste his talent. Hopefully Klopp revives him.

So, Shinji might be heading back to Dortmund. Even though it's our loss, it's difficult to watch a good player waste his talent. Hopefully Klopp revives him.

Agreed. And we need to get rid of players in attacking positions anyway. Got wayyy too many of them.

Still don't know why we bought Mata, not that I don't like him, just made no sense in hindsight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Agreed. And we need to get rid of players in attacking positions anyway. Got wayyy too many of them.

Still don't know why we bought Mata, not that I don't like him, just made no sense in hindsight.

Please send Chicharito our way :(

Will never happen

Jack cw

I hope he comes back. I still think he has the potential to get to level he had in 2012. Bundesliga needs a strong Dortmund.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'd like to stay out of this but....I'm not sure how Pep ruining Bayern is even up for debate :lol

here's more fuel to the Vidal saga

Guarin's agent “The offer from Zenit arrived and it is worth €12m. However, the player said no because he’s waiting for Juventus to make a move.”

so he's basically waiting for us to sell Vidal then?

and for Bayern GAF

There are reports Bayern Munich wanted to give Juventus Xherdan Shaqiri, but they refused to hand over Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Gambit

You guys should read "Herr Pep" from Marti Perarnau. There is a quote from Guardiola regarding the tactical positioning of the DM in football. He says that there are only 3 players in the world that are able to get passes behind the oppositions line from the DM position: Sergio Busquets, Xabi Alonso and Philipp Lahm.

Alonso is basically the perfect midfielder for Bayern because he plays the position with way more power than Lahm. Rafinha is injured and there is no decent back up to Lahm on the right back. So Lahm wont play as DM. Thiago is out at least 4 weeks and this transfer says that Schweinsteiger has a severe injury. He isnt out for days but for months.

Hojbjerg and Gaudino are still very young and will profit from Alonsos experience. And talking about experience, Bayerns squad has become pretty young after some players left. The most experienced players are Pizarro who is 36 and then Lahm, Ribery who are just 30. Alonso will lead the team this season and is able to execute Peps tactics perfectly.

Ordered the book as well and am looking forward to reading it tomorrow.

But I gotta say, objectivity be damned, I am not happy with this transfer. It makes sense, as you said, but I fear it will create one Spanish group in the team and one German group. Also, Hojbjerg might as well let himself get loaned out. He, Gaudino and Rode have been cockblocked like Milch.

For the short term, Xabi might bring more success, but I want real development, not Real development.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sell everybody.
I don't think Marotta is capable of selling anyone/anything

Top bad. Would have been a Killer deal for Bayern but apparently Juve isnt stupid.
Oh we are! But..

"It’s also claimed Juve asked for Shaqiri on loan with option to buy, but were unimpressed with Bayern’s demands. They would loan him for €6m and an option to buy for a further €25m."

ahahah Sammer pls......PLS

I remember United being linked to Guarin or he was like offered to them last summer

Guarin is offered to anyone who would listen :lol

Jack cw

For the short term, Xabi might bring more success, but I want real development, not Real development.
Yes, this transfer comes at a cost but those rookies need time and we always had our groups, the South Americans for example. Important thing is that there is a second player additional to Thiago who understands Peps philosophy and is able to execute it. All young players will profit from this long term. They will still get their games and imagine playing with Alonso and Schweinsteiger, both were leading their squads to WC victory, CL etc.

GorillaJu

Gerrard routinely does this for Liverpool from the same position Alonso plays.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The ONLY player United have on which they would make a profit from a sale is Januzaj.

Welbeck if you count youth team peeps.

wow

Even if you sell Welbeck for a negative sum, it's still a profit.

Guarin is alright. But let Juve worry about how good/shit he is :lol you worry about Vidal's mohawk under the Manchester rain

Pennywise

I hope it's true. You can't not like Kagawa and at Dortmund he might find his old form again.
Klopp can do it.
And he still got alot of friends within the team like Gündogan,Großkreutz and so on.

Great I think he is just the last piece Dortmund needs. All German CL final again.

Obviously it would be a future investment, because it would take the to get him back to his old form.
It's just another option with all the injured players now.

Even if you sell Welbeck for a negative sum, it's still a profit.

Guarin is alright. But let Juve worry about how good/shit he is :lol you worry about Vidal's mohawk under the Manchester rain

Yep. Just waiting for a new official picture to use as an avatar. Current avatar selection is just based on:
1MUJYIr.jpg

It was a message to everyone that Manchester United was serious about being on top again.

Went to the Cardiff game where Mata debuted, and it was in an open letter Moyes wrote into the club magazine.

It was a message to everyone that Manchester United was serious about being on top again.

Went to the Cardiff game where Mata debuted, and it was in an open letter Moyes wrote into the club magazine.

To the top while not filling gaps that needed to be filled.

Story of Fergie's last 3 years, Moyes's 1 year and mostly continuing in current year. Though signings under LVG are better than Moyes or Fergie's last few years. We atleast filled gap this year of having a new LB (then let Evra go...), a new midfielder and a good winger.

Great plan we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom