• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Sammer said it quite perfectly. He is here to help Bayern immediately and has at least 2 good seasons in him.

I'm starting to come around on the transfer. He'll get far more rest at Bayern than he got at Real during the last two seasons, he adds experience and will shore up our defensive midfield woes. It'll allow Schweini to fully heal up and once Javi is back, the sky will be limit.

Yeah he'll take time away from Gaudino, Hojbjerg and Rode. But Gaudino never was a realistic option in the first place, he's still too weak to regularly contribute on an European level. Pierre is another story, but he'll get his playtime. Just like Schweini /Hargreaves did before.

Rode's outlook hasn't really changed, he's been the surprise of the season so far but we don't know what will happen in the future. If he is as good as he has looked, he'll definitively have his place.

We shouldn't forget that we started Alaba and Gaudino against Wolfsburg, that's just not Champions League calibre.

Jack cw

Signing Alonso might make sense, but €10m a year? I really hope that's not true.

10 million is made up by Spanish media because thats something he earns at Real. He gets a new contract at Bayern that has nothing to do with Real as its based on his reputation and role in Bayerns squad.

Pennywise

Signing Alonso might make sense, but €10m a year? I really hope that's not true.

What did you expect ?
That's his last big contract, unless he spends a year or two in qatar afterwards.

I get your concerns though, I still renember the time when I was really shocked that Lahm extended his contract and earned 8m a year.
That was really something else, but it's the market today and Bayern needs to adept.

Still renember an interview this preseason with Klopp were he told us about some talks with players who basically laughed at what Dortmund offered.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
who cares how much you're (well you aren't) paying him? You're getting Xabi fucking Alonso!

tumblr_lr6gsuZOAF1qeegkyo2_1280.jpg

He's back in training. Might see him get 10 or 15 minutes against Spurs, depending on the score.

How do you think you will line up against us? Debut for Mario?

Hope we don't play Lamela, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lloris and Ade tonight. No need for them in this match, save them for Sunday.

I'd like to see Soldado, Holtby and Townsend given a full 90 minutes. Also does anyone know if we registered Vorm for the Europa?

The_Poet

Banned

Hope we don't play Lamela, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Lloris and Ade tonight. No need for them in this match, save them for Sunday.

I'd like to see Soldado, Holtby and Townsend given a full 90 minutes. Also does anyone know if we registered Vorm for the Europa?

No idea about Vorm. But yeah definitely save the big guns for Liverpool.

I think Potch might go hard and get ahead early tonight and rest them for the second half of the game. According to this interview he watched the Man U defeat first hand and doesnt want to get complacent.

Clegg

Don't think we'll get Vidal now tbh. Only a few days left in the wondow and Juve have us over a barrel. We've proved that we can spend big when required, but will we do it again? I have my doubts. Not too pleased with these Carvalho links either. He's slow and cumbersome and would be joining a team that already has too many plodders.

Mastadon

Banned

I'd guess we'll go with a 4-4-2 diamond with Sterling on the tip and Mario and Studge up front. Coutinho will probably be rested.

We have a lot of options now though, so I could be terribly wrong.

Just a matter of time when Bayern supporters are going to watch their games in the
SAN MIGUEL ALLIANZ Arena.
You will choke on that shit worse than on Banana Weizen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Soldado is 'injured', he won't be in the squad tomorrow. I expect it will be:

Lloris
Naughton Chiriches Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Holtby Townsend
Kane

Vorm was not in a good condition when he arrived so he was not included in the register for this qualifier, but he is training normally now and will be registered for the group phase.

Jack cw

DerZuhälter;127420814 said:
Just a matter of time when Bayern supporters are going to watch their games in the
SAN MIGUEL ALLIANZ Arena.
You will choke on that shit worse than on Banana Weizen.
That salt :(
BwFIY_AIMAACyj9.png

Elchele

Alonso is beautiful, I approve.

You guys should read "Herr Pep" from Marti Perarnau. There is a quote from Guardiola regarding the tactical positioning of the DM in football. He says that there are only 3 players in the world that are able to get passes behind the oppositions line from the DM position: Sergio Busquets, Xabi Alonso and Philipp Lahm.

Alonso is basically the perfect midfielder for Bayern because he plays the position with way more power than Lahm. Rafinha is injured and there is no decent back up to Lahm on the right back. So Lahm wont play as DM. Thiago is out at least 4 weeks and this transfer says that Schweinsteiger has a severe injury. He isnt out for days but for months.

Hojbjerg and Gaudino are still very young and will profit from Alonsos experience. And talking about experience, Bayerns squad has become pretty young after some players left. The most experienced players are Pizarro who is 36 and then Lahm, Ribery who are just 30. Alonso will lead the team this season and is able to execute Peps tactics perfectly.

This transfer is brilliant on many levels.

Alonso's transfer only makes sense if it translates in Lahm moving back to RB.
Send me a copy of the book pls :(

Pennywise

It's insane that he hasn't been sacked yet. They're going to get relegated again.

Yeah.
He's and old fashioned asshole that keeps pressuring players psychologicky without any true meaning behind it.
And he's signing laughable players that won't help to improve the squad.

Haha I still renember him at Schalke signing 345346 players that were shit.
They really had a hard time to get those players from the wage list later on when he was sacked.

Soldado is 'injured', he won't be in the squad tomorrow. I expect it will be:

Lloris
Naughton Chiriches Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Dembele
Lennon Holtby Townsend
Kane

Vorm was not in a good condition when he arrived so he was not included in the register for this qualifier, but he is training normally now and will be registered for the group phase.

Today Usho!

Soldado injured? That's a shame. I'd take that team, although not sure Chiriches is near the squad at the minute are we?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Today Usho!

Soldado injured? That's a shame. I'd take that team, although not sure Chiriches is near the squad at the minute are we?

Chiriches is in the squad, confirmed by MoPo. If he makes it onto the pitch then hopefully that means he's staying. I don't understand why we were so keen to get rid of him.

Di Marzio (lol) has said we've made an offer for Papastathopulos at Dortmund. Offered €15m plus bonuses, they want €25m.

lol

lol, I'm just surprised they're willing to sell. He's brilliant.

€15m -> €25m isn't too big a gap for most top clubs, but you never know with Arsenal. Could come out of this with Alderweireld *shivers*

bjaelke

I'd guess we'll go with a 4-4-2 diamond with Sterling on the tip and Mario and Studge up front. Coutinho will probably be rested.

We have a lot of options now though, so I could be terribly wrong.
Not sure Mario will start on Sunday.
“I think by the weekend (he'll be ready to feature),” Rodgers said.

“He's been into pre-season and he's played three 45-minute games. He might not be up to full match speed, but he's looking fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom