• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Euro 2016 Champions. Rest of Europe, are you even trying?

I actually agree with Hixx. Cattermole deserves a call up.

Scum

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 15s

Hodgson refers to Jack Colback's nickname as "The Ginger Pirlo"

erm, what?

nt5j5sS.png

L1NETT

but he IS awful. HE IS

if you're not gonna call Wickham and the others now then when? Or call Sterling as a striker and bring one more mid like Huddlestone.

Yeah play Sterling as a striker

Great shout that

Our best player in a position he is unfamiliar with. Genius

And yeah give those young 3 a go, probably for Lambert who, bless him, is 32. What real england future does he have.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Great shout that

And yeah give those young 3 a go, probably for Lambert who, bless him, is 32. What real england future does he have.

That's not what I meant. I meant call him as a striker, use him on the wing.

Spain did that by calling midfielders as defenders.

What a shit post. Almost as shit as Roy admitting he hasn't watched him with his "well, I'm interested that he's been called 'the Ginger Pirlo'."

He actually said that.

Well nothing I said was false there. Moved to a bigger club, gets recognition.

To be fair, he's been extremely solid for us since the move. The squad is totally mediocre from top to bottom, we're like what? Ranked mid-twenties in the world now? This is just what we are.

Ginger Pirlo is hilarious though.

Walshy

Great shout that

He's a fantastic number ten if you play him there.

I think he's played upfront for Liverpool as well briefly.

k2y91

Well nothing I said was false there. Moved to a bigger club, gets recognition.

To be fair, he's been extremely solid for us since the move. The squad is totally mediocre from top to bottom, we're like what? Ranked mid-twenties in the world now? This is just what we are.

Ginger Pirlo is hilarious though.

Colback has to grow his hair and grow a ginger beard so we can make comparisons.

L1NETT

He's a fantastic number ten if you play him there.

I think he's played upfront for Liverpool as well briefly.

Oh yeah in behind the front man sure i'd probably start him there but not leading a line.

I don't even know with that awful squad how I'd line up

Henderson --- Delph

Ox---Sterling---Welbeck

Sturridge

No idea.

Walshy

Again, that's not what I meant. But he can play as a second striker/free role, right?

or he did already in the World Cup, I don't remember.
When Suarez was still at Liverpool last season, we often played a 4-4-2 diamond, with Sterling at the top of it. He often had a free role, drifting from just behind the strikers to operating on either flank.

I'd argue that he played best when we played 4-4-2, but this is Hodgson, he won't get the best out of him in that position.

Oh yeah in behind the front man sure i'd probably start him there but not leading a line.

Henderson --- Delph

Ox---Sterling---Welbeck

Sturridge

No idea.
You are forgetting that with Rooney captain, he is guaranteed to start most games now as well.

Scum

Henderson --- Delph

Ox---Sterling---Welbeck

Sturridge

No idea.
------------ Sturridge -------------
---- Sterling ------- OxFarm
Colback -- Delph -- Henderson

Edit - Fuck! Just remembered Captain Rppmey. Oh dear.

I'm glad Kagawa is moving to Dortmund, he's wasted with us.

And Yurt, I agree in most top nations Welbeck won't even be thought of on being capped; but England is really that dire.

We need a new youth development plan. :(

Scum

I'm glad Kagawa is moving to Dortmund, he's wasted with us.

And Yurt, I agree in most top nations Welbeck won't even be thought of on being capped; but England is really that dire.

We need a new youth development plan. :(

We need a better coaching system. The youngsters are there, but they're just wasted. How in God's fucking name is Clyne not a regular by now?

LegoArmo

Welbeck has performed very well for the national team, he has earned his place every time he's been called upon.

Rooney is England's best player, and should be starting every game. You guys, I swear.

The Ox on the other hand has done absolutely nothing in his career, but he's young and quick, that's all that matters, isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom