• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is Echte Liebe?

pOYU97i.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Realistically, it's Shinji or nobody.

Shinji knows the club, our system and still most of the players. His last poor years considered, it's very much worth a gamble to start him after the Euro qualifiers. He could improve us instantly and is one of very few (the only one?) quality players we could get on a loan. Sure, we might be lucky to have another Jojic who helps us instantly but it's not all that likely.

It's very similar to the Sahin situation. The contact to the player never stopped and if he's willing to join, it could all happen very quickly.

I'm not trolling but he's a good replacement for Reus next season as well.

Scum

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

pulga

Banned
"Gaudino is Kross' replacement"

I mean I know Bundeslolga is easy as piss, but he's still a 17 year old. He won't cut it in the CL either.

Splatt

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton)

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

That is a terribly mediocre squad.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Danny Rose deserved a call-up (and I think he does), then where the fuck is Eric Dier?

Scum

So Jones or Stones as RB. Some of these talented English youngsters should start sifting through their birth certificates and passports. Time to switch nationalities.

Hixx

Also why no Huddlestone?

Because he plays for Hull.

I can't wait for this cunt to be sacked.

@england 1m
Roy Hodgson confirms @WayneRooney as his New England captain

SURPRISE

L1NETT

Please someone say something about Danny fucking Welbeck.

No because we aren't mugs

Tell me who should be ahead of Welbeck

Berahino/Kane/Wickham maaaaaaaybe (and that's a really loose maybe) should be given a chance in the friendly but do enlighten us why Welbeck shouldn't be in the squad. And if you are gonna go "lol he sucks" in red text don't bother.

Scum

England boss Roy Hodgson explains his decision to choose Wayne Rooney as his new captain.

"I gave it a lot of thought but Wayne is an obvious choice. He deserves it, his commitment to the cause, his experience. he has captained England in the past and has that responsibility at Manchester United.
"I'm pleased to say I've been able to offer it to him. I've had a long conversation with him and he's prepared to accept the pressures that the England captaincy brings. It's important that the players wants to take on that enormous responsibility."

iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

I'm not trolling but he's a good replacement for Reus next season as well.

Well, he might be if Reus is really leaving. I still think Reus leaving isn't as decided as people think. We're not trying to give him a longer contract, we're just trying to remove his release clause. Considering that his contract runs until 2017, it would be "just" two more years and he could still make the big move at age 27/28.

It might affect our chances to keep Reus, though. If the rumors are true that Reus wants to play in the centre, a Kagawa in old shape would mean that Reus is most definitely not playing every match in the centre. If the rumors are not true, it might help us to make him stay because adding Kagawa to our squad will make it really great.

Sunderland Colback would never have been near the squad.

Newcastle Colback tho? Well, Niall Quinn did say he was moving into bigger and better things!

L1NETT

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 15s

Hodgson refers to Jack Colback's nickname as "The Ginger Pirlo"

erm, what?

JESUS CHRIST

Hedgehog if you are gonna give some players a go give so young lads a chance to prove themselves not bloody Jack Colback

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No because we aren't mugs

Tell me who should be ahead of Welbeck

Berahino/Kane/Wickham maaaaaaaybe (and that's a really loose maybe) should be given a chance in the friendly but do enlighten us why Welbeck shouldn't be in the squad. And if you are gonna go "lol he sucks" in red text don't bother.
but he IS awful. HE IS

if you're not gonna call Wickham and the others now then when? Or call Sterling as a striker and bring one more mid like Huddlestone.

and speaking of Pirlos, CatterPirlo!

Hixx

Sunderland Colback would never have been near the squad.

Newcastle Colback tho? Well, Niall Quinn did say he was moving into bigger and better things!

What a shit post. Almost as shit as Roy admitting he hasn't watched him with his "well, I'm interested that he's been called 'the Ginger Pirlo'."

He actually said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom