• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Bayern is in for a surprise regarding Alonso :lol

He's definitely not the same player he was a season or so ago

Phlebas

Banned

This is a better deal for Madrid than it is for Bayern

Edit: So assuming Illara starts playing in Xabi's spot, do Madrid get a replacement for Xabi?

Jack cw

tumblr_n63d77hgGe1qd0nico1_250.gif

Clegg

Computer systems have gone down in the office. Nothing works now.

Girl who sits next to me whipped out a Jenga from somewhere so this'll be my task for the rest of the day.

Chiriches is in the squad, confirmed by MoPo. If he makes it onto the pitch then hopefully that means he's staying. I don't understand why we were so keen to get rid of him.

Yeah I thought he looked ok last season, certainly not one I'd sell. Gives us another good option at the back.

I guess with the rumours of Walkers injury, Dier may be played at RB more than we think this season.

He's still an improvement over playing Rafinha. I'm all in.

You're in for a surprise if you play Kroos as lone DM in CL tho :lol

Kroos as DM...lol. I mean I love Kroos and wish he had come to United but yea...

RM has no DMs left? Surely someone is waiting in the wings to grap the opportunity by the horns

Jack cw

He's still an improvement over playing Rafinha. I'm all in.

You're in for a surprise if you play Kroos as lone DM in CL tho :lol

I remember Kroos waterloo against Italy in the Euro 2012 semis and last year he was owned by Alonso in the CL semis.
Still, Alonso is not a Kroos replacement, but simply a reaction to Martinez, Schweinsteiger and Thiagos injuries.

Elchele

I remember Kroos waterloo against Italy in the Euro 2012 semis and last year he was owned by Alonso in the CL semis.
Still, Alonso is not a Kroos replacement, but simply a reaction to Martinez, Schweinsteiger and Thiagos injuries.

I don't know why people are still thinking we're after a Kroos replacement. Gaudino is his replacement, it's been very clear from the start and it was confirmed in the first Bundesliga match. He's the deep lying playmaker in our team now, until Thiago comes back

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah I thought he looked ok last season, certainly not one I'd sell. Gives us another good option at the back.

I guess with the rumours of Walkers injury, Dier may be played at RB more than we think this season.

Yeah, I think Dier will be a very useful utility player while Walker is injured. He's not the tallest so it might be better that he plays RB with Kaboul/Fazio next to him and Vertonghen/Chiriches as LCB.

Poor Almunia, he was a shit keeper, but I don't like to see someone who served Arsenal or football ruled out of the game because of a heart problem. Hopefully, he will be ok.

lol, I'm just surprised they're willing to sell. He's brilliant.

€15m -> €25m isn't too big a gap for most top clubs, but you never know with Arsenal. Could come out of this with Alderweireld *shivers*

We're definitely not selling Sokratis :lol

He just joined last summer. Also, Subotic just came back from a 6 month break and hasn't played a competitive match yet, Hummels is still injured and had no pre-season and Ginter is 20 years old and just joined us. Selling Sokratis would be mental.

Where's da source son?

Citation needed.

Kicker breaking the story that Kagawa to BVB is more likely than ever out of nowhere after repeatedly saying it's not happening in the past.

Klopp and Zorc saying we might sign another midfielder, although they said transfers are done a month or two ago.

No future at United for Kagawa

Let's muppet, baby

I really hope we make a bid for Destro. Falcao won't have his heart in it with us, and Cavani is unlikely to be sold so there are not many options out there. Destro isn't a big powerful forward like those two, but his movement and awareness is second to none. He knows exactly whereto be at the right time and to bury the ball. I know Wenger loves a striker who can participate in creation as well as scoring, but what we have missed for a long time is just someone who puts the ball in the back of the net. Destro won't score a 20 yard screamer or pass the ball through the eye of a needle. But he is composed and excellent at just scoring. he also currently plays in a system with speedy wingers and a creative genius, so although he will have a huge comedown with Ozil, the system should not be oo hard on him. I am sure he could be got for 20 million euros max.

Kicker print magazine, the reporter is pretty reliable.
According to him, Kagawa is one of a few options though.
Nothing pinned down yet.

Realistically, it's Shinji or nobody.

Shinji knows the club, our system and still most of the players. His last poor years considered, it's very much worth a gamble to start him after the Euro qualifiers. He could improve us instantly and is one of very few (the only one?) quality players we could get on a loan. Sure, we might be lucky to have another Jojic who helps us instantly but it's not all that likely.

It's very similar to the Sahin situation. The contact to the player never stopped and if he's willing to join, it could all happen very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom