• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Think we get some dosh if Delph gets a cap so good stuff there Roy

Any news on Cleverley leaving?

Is the talk to Villa just moron "ITKs" or genuine

Give me hope United fans after you fucked us out of some Carling Cup dough

I thought Hixx was just messing around about CatterPirlo but he was impressive last week!

Hahahah are you kidding? Wilbur will have your head for this!

German Denis is just a step too far. I could live with all the other shit strikers Juve have wasted reasonable transfer fees on, but Denis is just too much. This is Juventus, the pride and envy of the peninsula. Someone of such low elk should never wear the same jersey as the likes of Boniperti, Rossi, Platini, and Del Boy. Juve need to get some pride again.

GorillaJu

Welbeck has performed very well for the national team, he has earned his place every time he's been called upon.

Rooney is England's best player, and should be starting every game. You guys, I swear.

The Ox on the other hand has done absolutely nothing in his career, but he's young and quick, that's all that matters, isn't it.

I agree re: Welbeck. He's been great for England every time he's been called up. Rooney I'm not sure is England's best player. He may be on paper, I won't argue against that, but I think you have to play the players who perform well for you in international football. England doesn't have a philosophy—might as well just play the ones who actually show up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
German Denis is just a step too far. I could live with all the other shit strikers Juve have wasted reasonable transfer fees on, but Denis is just too much. This is Juventus, the pride and envy of the peninsula. Someone of such low elk should never wear the same jersey as the likes of Boniperti, Rossi, Platini, and Del Boy. Juve need to get some pride again.

Don't worry he's just a 5th or 4th choice striker at best. Way better than our 4th and 5th choices in the last two seasons :lol

And you know, it's not a Marotta mercato if we don't throw money at Atalanta

pulga

Banned
Whoever makes the new thread remember to put that CB keeper guy in the title

Or dont, Ill enjoy seeing Wes BAN someone.

L1NETT

Billy Knott hnnnnnnnnnnnng

DifferentEsteemedAiredale.gif

It's so

FUCKING GOOD

dc89

|OT4| (Balotelli) he's a prick but not a c*nt. everybody is one or the other.

THIS IS IT!!!

|OT4| pellegrini for ballon d'or

:loool

I don't remember what it was either, but it was brilliant. Fucking hell. The Ludo one is cool too though.

I just posted it above :(

It was:

|OT4| (Balotelli) he's a prick but not a c*nt. everybody is one or the other. - RAWK

Clegg

Ogden has a decent article on the Telegraph saying that Ferguson must take some of the blame for United's last 12 months. He writes that the rot began to set in in 2009 when we sold Ronaldo and didn't replace him with players of decent quality. Blames his mindset of looking for value in the transfer market as the reason for United's recent decline. Of course he made some expensive signings, but he also signed so many average players for lesser fees as he wouldn't push the boat out for the best players. Oh, and our scouting system is a joke. Its years behind the likes of the other mega clubs.

Ogden has a decent article on the Telegraph saying that Ferguson must take some of the blame for United's last 12 months. He writes that the rot began to set in in 2009 when we sold Ronaldo and didn't replace him with players of decent quality. Blames his mindset of looking for value in the transfer market as the reason for United's recent decline. Of course he made some expensive signings, but he also signed so many average players for lesser fees as he wouldn't push the boat out for the best players. Oh, and our scouting system is a joke. Its years behind the likes of the other mega clubs.

It's kind of hilarious that our scouting system was almost entirely based on Fergie's intuition and writing names on fucking napkins. Incredible that we signed anyone. Someone somewhere in the club must have realised that this wouldn't work with a new manager. I can't believe Moyes was the one who instigated a change. Just incredible.

Yep I read that.

There was NO proper scouting system. No database anywhere. No wonder our signings had been a joke.

And it was like Fergie was trying to make a statement by not signing quality players just so he could point fingers at City.

Kill3r7

It's kind of hilarious that our scouting system was almost entirely based on Fergie's intuition and writing names on fucking napkins. Incredible that we signed anyone. Someone somewhere in the club must have realised that this wouldn't work with a new manager. I can't believe Moyes was the one who instigated a change. Just incredible.

Fergie made it work but it is insane that an organization of our size didn't have a proper scouting system. It's almost as though Fergie did everything himself and everyone else was along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom