• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Honey Bunny

This one?

dnurcu.gif

mwmafl.gif

peskix.gif

Thx <3

:lol

FML

Give it time mate. Hes once overstretched hammy away from never playing again.

He would already have scored more goals in those first 3 matches, than Pelle will all season. #itk

Also good to see Terry staying young and being in on the newest trends, doing that ear stretching.

imdbub.png

Bayern aren't the side they once were.

Weren't they still missing Robben and Ribery in this match? Not to mention Thiago and Martinez. That's nearly an entire first choice midfield. Not that the backups are that bad. Early days yet.

On another note,

Can't tell if the Pep hate is humour or just tika-taka bitterness.

LAM09

Weren't they still missing Robben and Ribery in this match? Not to mention Thiago and Martinez. That's nearly an entire first choice midfield. Not that the backups are that bad. Early days yet.

On another note,

Can't tell if the Pep hate is humour or just tika-taka bitterness.

I didn't watch the game, but I saw the scoreline. The line up they fielded, should be beating Schalke.

El Topo

Bayern is also missing Schweinsteiger and obviously Pep needs time to get the players to play appropriately, especially since he seems to try something different this season.

It's the second game and plenty of players are injured or haven't had time to play together. I'm not going to lose my shit.

Well, atleast Bayern had a shitty day

Draw against a team that will likely end up top 4. It could be worse.

GQman2121

Banned
Straight up lost my voice after that one. 9 goals was incredible to watch. Great effort by both sides.

Willian was great. Cesc and Matic did what they had too. Costa is insane but can't be denied.

I thought we were solid despite conceding three goals. Everton will be fine this year. They really, really fought hard and scored quality goals that no defence would have been able to handle.

Hazard was poor for me. I almost want him to become more self-serving and greedy. His move that led to the goal was great but it didn't happen enough. He passes when he should be taking on defenders.

Other than that I think we're on our way in the league. Such entertainment.

Your defence has been shite the last couple of games. Your defending on the wings was poor before you came up against Everton.

Against the two promoted teams it seemed like a calculated risk really. Been struggling against those kind of teams all of last season, needed to attack more and did it well, leaving a few holes in the defense.

Today was just chaos. But I'm fairly confident in Mourinho getting Chelsea to defend well again, especially when Luis starts playing more.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We had a 200 dollar steak in Ibizia. It was...painful to eat it.

Never felt more bad taking a shit afterwards. I hesitated flushing it

Carbonox

I could murder a steak right now. I feel like Ebola's tackled me like a Magikarp on steroids and my peepee aches from last night and this morning's sexual banter.

Might just go to bed and dream about Rolando Aarons.

Linius

Is Meier around? In Boyhood the kids in school not only pledged to the American flag but also to the Texan flag before the class started. Wonder if that's the same in real life :p

Pennywise

Bayern is also missing Schweinsteiger and obviously Pep needs time to get the players to play appropriately, especially since he seems to try something different this season.

It's the second game and plenty of players are injured or haven't had time to play together. I'm not going to lose my shit.

Draw against a team that will likely end up top 4. It could be worse.

No reason to loose your shit.
Still, the situation at Schalke is worse.
Huntelaar,Farfan,Goretzka,Boateng,Kolasinac,Uchida were missing, basically all players that would play.
Alot of players who just came back from an injury with Kirchhoff,Aogo,Höger.
And they lost 3 guys with injuries today.

First 30 minutes were really good, especially Alonso had some pretty good moments.

Dante is dead, so is Shaqiri.
Rest will improve over time, but it's just like with LvG.
These tactics are pretty risky if you're not 100% up for it.

El Topo

A lot of stuff that is true.

I agree. When two severely hindered teams face off against each other, with many players that are obviously not fit for 90 minutes yet, it's a bit of a gamble anyway.
I'm just a bit pissed Shaqiri is not delivering it. As for Dante, he probably knows his time as a starter might be up.

Edit:
I also think Keller is really underrated. He's doing a really good job at Schalke, all things considered.

Top Bottom