• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

wedward

Back to 4231. Thank fuck for that.

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 28s
#Arsenal team to play Leicester City: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo

FuturusX

Right.

That's not the point I'm making though is it.

You do make a fair point. The contact is often so small and often time no attempt is made to play on.

But having played football, I can say that sometimes, depending on the circumstances (running full speed) even the slightest of contacts can knock you off a promising run and defenders use that to their advantage.

I have not seen the penalty in this game but I will say that if an attempt is made with your hands to restrict a player it should always be called for even the slightest contact...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Back to 4231. Thank fuck for that.

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 28s
#Arsenal team to play Leicester City: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo

Is Campbell in the bench?

Hixx

For fucks sake Villa. If you're going to win at least keep a clean sheet.

Oh wait Jelavic scored, nvm. Points anyway.

You do make a fair point. The contact is often so small and often time no attempt is made to play on.

But having played football, I can say that sometimes, depending on the circumstances (running full speed) even the slightest of contacts can knock you off a promising run and defenders use that to their advantage.

I have not seen the penalty in this game but I will say that if an attempt is made with your hands to restrict a player it should always be called for even the slightest contact...

That is true, and essentially it is a case of either favouring the attacking player of the defender...and certainly in "modern" football the rules favour the attacking players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is Sam from lord of the rings movies coaching the spurs? His acting days over?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis, Sanogo

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky, Mahrez, King, Hammond, Schlupp, Nugent, Ulloa

The problem for Spurs I think is that none of the managers they have will call their players out on BS performances and none of them have the fear of the players. You can tell that when they get back to the dressing room it'll be "hard luck boys" not "Capoue wtf are you doing you fucking prick?" then throw a boot at his face, same with Ade, because he's a lazy shit. They just coast along in the wilderness, not quite competing at the top and being much better than the teams below.

Its plagued Spurs for years and the problem for Sherwood who was outspoken was that the players thought he was a joke.

Poch needs to go in their and ruffle a few feathers, let these cunts this shit isn't good enough. Their last two goals were completely avoidable, people make mistakes sure, Dier is young (I think?) and it was soft imo but generally theres a complete lack of desire.

Go_Ly_Dow

Lol the bitter taste of man united words

He won't go abroad.

The allure of Madrid and Barca is too strong. The cogs have already turned.

If Sterling maintains this form this season then nothing can stop it. Cherish every second for they will be his last in a scouse shirt.

Linius

Duarte for Serero. Van der Hoorn for Moisander.

Siggy stays on. I'm lost. De Boer is lost. Ajax is lost. Congrats on the league PSV. You have no competition this season.

Scum

Crikey after the QPR game Spurs fans were queuing up to say how good your lot are

Stick with it you sponge, it's one result

Bollocks! This is terrible. Atrocious defending all round. Utter shite. Can't deal with this at all.

Top Bottom