• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Wow, I have no words. There goes my hope of ever getting a reply to my formal written complaint at the support email address.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Any techies that can help me?

Computer randomly restarts itself when playing games. Happened twice playing FIFA PC, also happened playing Divinity, WoW.

I assume it's the GFX card? Or could it be the PSU?

But I have only seen it happen when gaming.

usually you'd see a blue screen if something failed but if it just turns off it's probably the power.

Kikarian

Computer randomly restarts itself when playing games. Happened twice playing FIFA PC, also happened playing Divinity, WoW.

Have you tried turning off and on

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
But it only happens when gaming? So, that would be due to extra load then?

yeah, probably. Do you know how much power your gpu requires and what your psu can handle?

my computer used to do this when I upgraded from an 8800 to a 260 years ago. I had to buy a new PSU. Now it just blue screens when it's hot. pos.

inky

Just seen Shit Posts reason for quitting. That banning is an embarrassment.

Eh, pretty much why I avoid most "hot topic" threads on either side nowadays... well, other than I'm tired of the games vs media vs feminism vs mods discourse of the forum lately. Everyone is wrong but me.

Do you have something to check temperatures on your CPU/Video Card? It could be that (sometimes fans get clogged and contribute to the problem), although you'd be seeing some other symptoms. You say you don't OC, but do you have software that maybe does it for you automatically when gaming? Have you added RAM recently or something?

Any of you PC guys use the DS4 to play Fifa? It keeps thinking there is two controllers connected, messes up the button inputs so I can't play with my flatmate :(

Do you have something to check temperatures on your CPU/Video Card? It could be that (sometimes fans get clogged and contribute tot he problem), although you'd be seeing some other symptoms. You say you don't OC, but do you have software that maybe does it for you automatically when gaming? Have you added RAM recently or something?

I have had this same setup for 7 odd months, this only started happening last month. No hardware changes.

I have ASUS AI Suite for CPU/Fans. Don't see any issues there. CPU doesn't get hot or isn't noisy at all. What do you suggest for monitoring temperatures?

The PC demo was quite good, now to look for the cheapest deal.
My mind was blown when Man City started keeping the ball near the corner flag in the final minutes, it was annoying as hell but cool to see.

K1LLER7

The PC demo was quite good, now to look for the cheapest deal.
My mind was blown when Man City started keeping the ball near the corner flag in the final minutes, it was annoying as hell but cool to see.
Teams did this on FIFA 14 too :p

Will try the demo tomorrow. Need to check this PT demo out too.

Stubo

Tried the FIFA 15 PC demo.

Scored a goal and in the next step the keeper smashed Costa's foot causing him to do a half flip and land on his head while standing completely straight like a statue.

Preorder justified.

Bold One

wow at those tweets,

Kermit-Drinking-Tea-Meme.png

But thats none of my business

inky

I have had this same setup for 7 odd months, this only started happening last month. No hardware changes.

I have ASUS AI Suite for CPU/Fans. Don't see any issues there. CPU doesn't get hot or isn't noisy at all. What do you suggest for monitoring temperatures?

I see. When I built my PC I used RealTemp and GPU-Z to monitor temperatures. Those 2 worked fine for me.

Diagnosing problems on PC might be the worst thing ever. I've had similar problems over the years that I've "solved" without knowing exactly how I did it. Sometimes it can be loose cables, other times just something suddenly dying. If it was the card you would've seen artifacting and other things before reboots. Sometimes even software problems cause that shit.

If temps are not a problem and there's no changes to HW recently it could be something starting to fail, so usual suspects are PSU and MOBO. I know it sucks but you should try googling step by step guides to diagnose. It's gonna take a lot of fiddling and repeating the process, but at least you can rule out a few things.

Lol

Is there no free for all mode?

You can go exploring, but Old Russia is pretty dull (especially after the beta). You'll have to complete a few missions before you can do that anyway. You're limited to 3 fireteam members as well.

You only have to be level 5 to do Crucible though, and that's 6v6.

I see. When I built my PC I used RealTemp and GPU-Z to monitor temperatures. Those 2 worked fine for me.

Diagnosing problems on PC might be the worst thing ever. I've had similar problems over the years that I've "solved" without knowing exactly how I did it. Sometimes it can be loose cables, other times just something suddenly dying. If it was the card you would've seen artifacting and other things before reboots. Sometimes even software problems cause that shit.

If temps are not a problem and there's no changes to HW recently it could be something starting to fail, so usual suspects are PSU and MOBO. I know it sucks but you should try googling step by step guides to diagnose. It's gonna take a lot of fiddling and repeating the process, but at least you can rule out a few things.

I am going to call my business tech guy and see if they have another PSU I can try

Used to be very infrequent now happening anytime I play a game

K1LLER7

You can go exploring, but Old Russia is pretty dull (especially after the beta). You'll have to complete a few missions before you can do that anyway. You're limited to 3 fireteam members as well.

You only have to be level 5 to do Crucible though, and that's 6v6.
Never played the beta so it's all new to me. Will try and get to level 5 tomorrow.

Hitch is going down for calling me the inferior Killer7.

inky

Fifa PC demo runs fine and it feels ok, if a little loose. I expected graphics to be a bit better if I'm being honest. There's something off about the player's skin and some of their features. Minor complaint.

I'm having mixed feelings on this XBONE controller tho. weight is fine, sticks are fine and all but the bumper buttons feel cheap, and not as firm as the ones from my previous controller (360 wired pad).

I just need to get used to it I guess.

Hitch is some kind of Indiana Jones, He's finding all the hidden loot

They're the same Golden Chests I used a guide to find in the beta :p

This game could really use a highlight/spotting feature for things like that, the same happened when playing with FW

You find a chest while your teammate has moved on, and have no way of quickly communicating that they should come back unless you have voice comm (which I'll use tomorrow if anyone is on)

Combine that with PS4's disgraceful messaging system, and it becomes more difficult to communicate basic ideas than it should be

Put a chat-wheel on R3 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom