• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I try and not post about FIFA in this thread too much cause I realize I am a bit of a fanboy cause I have only played FIFA all my life with the odd pes every so often. I honestly am one of those people though which would love both games to be awesome. I would love to be able to play both all year.

Remember when you forced me to buy fifa on pc.

#NeverForget

Just kidding mate. Lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
why can't we just press ONE button to score

why?

why do I have to SIT on my controller to pass the ball like Pirlo*? I appreciate the realism but I want us to go back to the Arcade days :( it was way more fun and less frustrating

*you can pass like Cleverley by simply pressing X + backwards

dc89

Manchester City's huge fine for breaching UEFA's financial fair play rules is to be shared out around the other clubs in the Champions League.

City were fined £50million for the FFP breaches but will only have to pay around £20million if they comply with the break-even rules in future seasons.

The first tranche of payments from City, Paris St Germain and Zenit St Petersburg will total £20million and will be split among the Champions League and Europa League clubs who did comply with the rules last season.

Taken from Manchester Evening News. FFP is a mess. I'm not bothered about the fine, it's pennies to City (and we're getting £30m of it back in summer iirc). I'm not bothered about the fact it's going to rival clubs. What I'm bothered about is the fact UEFA says this will protect the smaller clubs. Bullshit. No it doesn't, if anything it restricts them. It's a cartel at the top, the haves (City included) will continue to have and the rest, well you can fuck off.

Such a shame really, all you outside the top 4-6 at the minute, don't even bother dreaming of getting into Europe or winning the Premiership, it ain't gonna happen. I can't wait for this shit to be taken to court.

DBT85

Yeah, in my view the FFP money should be distributed to clubs but not in the top leagues, use it to build better youth facilities and academies and stuff rather than giving it to a top team to pay one players wages for one week.

why can't we just press ONE button to score

why?

why do I have to SIT on my controller to pass the ball like Pirlo*? I appreciate the realism but I want us to go back to the Arcade days :( it was way more fun and less frustrating

*you can pass like Cleverley by simply pressing X + backwards

This is why I don't play fifa or Pro any more, I long for the simpler days where I didn't feel that I had too few fingers to play properly.

GorillaJu

FFP isn't really a mess, it's just still in it's infancy. It'll get worked out. I agree that dividing the money up between other CL clubs doesn't accomplish much because they're already getting significant income.

There are some minnows though, especially in the EL, who will welcome that money.

dc89

Yeah, in my view the FFP money should be distributed to clubs but not in the top leagues, use it to build better youth facilities and academies and stuff rather than giving it to a top team to pay one players wages for one week.

UEFA don't have a mandate to give money to clubs not part of their competition.

Exactly. So it doesn't help or protect the lower clubs. We've been here before, I'm having déjà vu.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I dunno about you guys, but if they're fining City and PSG then it's working AFAIC :lol

PAY UP BITCH

This is why I don't play fifa or Pro any more, I long for the simpler days where I didn't feel that I had too few fingers to play properly.

"Oh man I messed up that one....I pressed six buttons :("

Blablurn

We have a new midfielder

4,c=0,w=650.bild.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery · 14h
Update : Mesut Özil is back in full training & will be available for this weekends game against #MCFC Arteta & Gibbs confirmed 100% #AFC

Given Ramsey's injury this better be true. I already knew Gibbs and Artetta will be available but really want Mesut Ozil playing against City.

Szcz
Gibbs, Kos, Per, Debuchy
Arteta, Wilshere
Ozil
Cazorla, Welbeck, Sanchez

That's my ideal team for this weekend, Wengy please.

dc89

For what reason?

Theres one lawyer who's pretty sure it is against EU anti-competition laws. He was on the radio the other night, iirc he's French, can't remember his name though. It was a very interesting listen.

P.S - if you were waiting for a reply from me on WhatsApp you're gonna have to wait a little longer, just bricked my phone.

mil6es

Me and mil6es spent a good 20 minutes taking out a random Devil Walker earlier in Explore Mode (not sure he wanted to play it, but I thought it'd be a good idea to lvel up to Level 5 before taking on the Level 5 story) mission

Our reward. Amazing guns? No. Amazing armour? No. Loads of Glimmer? No. Loads of XP? No.

200XP each, and it unblocked a room with a dead Ghost in it

Ozil jokes incoming

That was just a mean slog tho, I can't remember how many times I got taken out by its main canon, but by the end I was running out of ammo and the only way to replenish was to take the L and get killed atleast you respawned with 200+ ammo

Anyone up for a Footy-GAF fire team tonight? The more ther merrier

Linius

Apple killed the iPod Classic, their best product by far :(

Wish I had the money to get one extra just in case mine gives up. Which is inevitable I'm afraid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well. We still won the Champions League. He didn't.

No need to cry about that.

Meh. They didn't end up missing him.

I'm sure he wishes he won the Champions league more than Bayern wishes they still had him.

wind it in, moving to BVB saved his career and he's now a WC fucking winner.

as far as club level is concerned, I'd say winning the league twice with an unfancied side (and reviving the whole club really) is a greater achievement.

he jumped from Bayern Munich II to BVB, and he made the right decision

Meh. They didn't end up missing him.

I'm sure he wishes he won the Champions league more than Bayern wishes they still had him.

That's just such a stupid statement all around. Stop kissing BayernGAF's ass every time you have the chance m9

Bayern didn't miss him? Well, obviously, if you have the loose change to sign Boateng and Benatia. I'd reckon one of those two wouldn't be at Bayern if Hummels had stayed. Bayern definitely missed a top class CB before Boateng turned for the better. Or Hummels would have flopped in the first team. Who knows.

And Hummels just was a WC winning team starter, I don't think he cares all that much about a CL title yet. He also said in more than a few interviews that he rates winning a league title with "his" BVB team more than winning it every year with Bayern. I very much doubt that Hummels is thinking "what could I've had at Bayern" just for a second.

FootballFan

as far as club level is concerned, I'd say winning the league twice with an unfancied side (and reviving the whole club really) is a greater achievement.

Which is kinda what I said.

Personally it was probably the right decision for him, but for Bayern I don't see it as a huge regret letting him go.

Clegg

Dortmund prison styling them for two seasons has scarred them.

I shudder to think what would happen if Liverpool achieved that sort of dominance over us. Or Inter over Juve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom