• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

That's just such a stupid statement all around. Stop kissing BayernGAF's ass every time you have the chance m9

Bayern didn't miss him? Well, obviously, if you have the loose change to sign Boateng and Benatia. I'd reckon one of those two wouldn't be at Bayern if Hummels had stayed. Bayern definitely missed a top class CB before Boateng turned for the better. Or Hummels would have flopped in the first team. Who knows.

And Hummels just was a WC winning team starter, I don't think he cares all that much about a CL title yet. He also said in more than a few interviews that he rates winning a league title with "his" BVB team more than winning it every year. I very much doubt that Hummels is thinking "what could I've had at Bayern" just for a second.

Just my opinion man. I don't think Bayern would have been significantly more successful with him than they have been without him.

It was a good decision from Hummels but not something Bayern will cry over.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"they didn't end up missing him" "don't see it as a huge regret"

didn't they like...release and sign countless of defenders during that time? :lol and wasn't their defense THE reason why they failed to win the CL (and the league) till Jupp's treble?

they would've won that final against Inter and probably Chelsea.

he rates winning a league title with "his" BVB team more than winning it every year with Bayern. I very much doubt that Hummels is thinking "what could I've had at Bayern" just for a second.

Exactly.

on the bright side, I'm completely in love with this new team

BxHlWraCAAAIV74.jpg

what a bunch of mates ;_;

FootballFan

"they didn't end up missing him" "don't see it as a huge regret"

didn't they like...release and sign countless of defenders during that time? :lol and wasn't their defense THE reason why they failed to win the CL (and the league) till Jupp's treble?

they would've won that final against Inter and probably Chelsea.

Exactly.

KidJr

I'm interested to think to people think Bayren are a better team since pep took over?

In my opinion they are considerably worse. Still a world class team, but yeah just the way some people talk about them I wonder.

I'm interested to think to people think Bayren are a better team since pep took over?

In my opinion they are considerably worse. Still a world class team, but yeah just the way some people talk about them I wonder.

Obviously, the moment Martinez stopped playing DM for Bayern was the moment they went from "pretty much unbeatable" to "top teams have a decent chance at winning".

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love you Yurt.
I love you too xoxo
You killed Ciro :(

Now I know why he was so desperate to leave Juve and didn't want to play under Conte :lol

He was fucking GREAT in both games!! He links up well with everyone and Cunte was praising his offensive AND defensive contribution ����

I don't think his injury was that serious don't worry. He won't feel any (physical) pain on your bench anyway ;(

FootballFan

Downloading FIFA 15 demo!

Out on jap PS store. Had to make Japanese psn.

Definitely not better but still brilliant and better than people give them credit for.

Linius

They won't have had enough time with the game yet.

So no embargo but a new strategy so journo's don't have the time to post their reviews in time. I know a buddy of mine who's reviewing it had a review copy just one day before release, so eight september here.

He was fucking GREAT in both games!! He links up well with everyone and Cunte was praising his offensive AND defensive contribution ����

I don't think his injury was that serious don't worry. He won't feel any (physical) pain on your bench anyway ;(

I can't wait for the day when he finally clicks with our players. He'll be massive, then. I can see him working really well with Kagawa. That's why I hoped both would be able to play on Saturday.

And yeah, let's wait for the news today. BVB press guy says that they don't think it's serious and Ciro's expected to train this afternoon. This can only mean he's out for two weeks, though :lol :(

King_Moc

Banned
So no embargo but a new strategy so journo's don't have the time to post their reviews in time. I know a buddy of mine who's reviewing it had a review copy just one day before release, so eight september here.

That was the case for everyone I think. Isn't it normally the same for all mmo's? The game is good, anyway, as I'd realised from the beta. Only issue so far for me is the cripplingly dull missions during free exploration. I'd be more worried when a company does this for and offline game tbh.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Case arrived, rest of PC coming in a few hours

Im so happy :3

Now to fail building the fucker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this story is just a parody at this point :loooooooooooooooool

Guarin "I’m very happy that I’ll continue to wear this shirt,” stated the 28-year-old on social media. “Forza Inter.”

The player’s agent also recently insisted that Guarin didn’t want to leave the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza outfit.

“I want to make it clear that Guarin never requested a transfer,” representative Marcelo Ferreyra told Calciomercato.com.

“Fredy is happy at Inter, always has been and will continue to be. We are absolutely not thinking about the transfer market.

“Fredy has everything he wants at Inter and has no need to go elsewhere. From what I hear, the offers were received by Inter.

DBT85

Ok, Wes got back to me about the job recruitment stuff, so here it goes.

If you are interested in working in television, broadcasting lots of live sport (PL, Bundesliga, Euro basketball, F1, Tennis, NFL, Golf), listen up.

We are based right next to Heathrow Airport in London, and are looking for experienced or trainee Transmission Controllers. Your job is to broadcast these events both live and recorded to our clients, maintain the channel on air and resolve service interruptions in a cool calm manner as quickly as possible.

All of the work is shift based, days and nights, and mostly 12 hours starting at 7AM or 7PM. As a result you'll work approximately half of the year (182 days) before your holiday allowance.

Decent computer skills are a must, as is an ability to keep calm under pressure. Clearly a healthy respect for the properties we are entrusted to broadcast is also a necessity. These are some huge clients that do not want to be off air.

You don't need experience to apply and be successful, but salaries will of course reflect that fact for the first few months.

I can't give absolute numbers as those are not decided by myself, by historically fresh faced recruits have been brought in on circa £12,000 and have been on circa £24,000 after 12 months, with pay increasing every 3 months as you go through that first year. That's been for people right out of school and uni with no actual broadcast experience at all, things may have changed a little and all circumstances will of course vary.

This is a role that you could potentially either a) end up working for one of the large broadcasters like Sky or the BBC earning £30k+, or could move into other areas of broadcast television if you chose to do so (editing, directing, encoding, etc).

Personally, I've been doing this for 12 years since finishing my A Levels, I work about 165 days a year once I've booked my holiday and I get paid well enough for the pleasure.

If you have any questions or want more details please PM me, do not ask them in the thread (Wes' request).

qindarka

Banned
Well, someone made a thread about the NeogafShitPosts Twitter account being ended and of course, it was locked quickly without explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom