• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oersted

VictoriousIllinformedGordonsetter.gif

I wonder what Kojima is smoking

He wants them cosplays.

Wilbur

Banned
The dribbling's real nice. Was nigh on impossible to actually make runs in the last few but I was jinking through everyone with Messi and Sterling

Keepers are mad though. Been a few where they should save it and go down too slow, and then some where the animation has gone from prone to mid dive in half a second allowing them to save it.

Won 2-0, 1-0, 1-0, 4-0... haven't got a problem scoring really.

I like it Laboured!

I WEEP for Gabbiadini ;_; thoughts on him?

this is pretty cool!

Gabbiadini is already dead.There's no way we fit him into the system of we already have our hopes on Berardi and Zaza. Unless, that is, we get rid of players like Pepe and don't take up options on Pereyra. Then Gabbiadini can play as a winger in 4-3-3.

Edit:

--------------Vertrayer-----------------
----------Vidal------Pog/March-------
Berardi--------------------Gabbiadini
--------------Zaza---------------------

The dribbling's real nice. Was nigh on impossible to actually make runs in the last few but I was jinking through everyone with Messi and Sterling

Keepers are mad though. Been a few where they should save it and go down too slow, and then some where the animation has gone from prone to mid dive in half a second allowing them to save it.

Won 2-0, 1-0, 1-0, 4-0... haven't got a problem scoring really.

I like that good dribblers can now just use an unexpected burst of pace to go by players now. That was so uncommon in previous versions. You always had to do some convoluted trick to get past some one which is hardly realistic if you look at how the best dribblers in the world go past people IRL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
stop being dicks to the best United bro Kikarian

fade

fade

bb

Verratti is singing a contract extension with PSG, it'll never ever happen in the (near) future.
Pogba is leaving to Madrid next season
Vidal is angry and confused

It'll be either Gabby boy or Mimmo lad, and the latter is way better than him as it stands ;_;

Nicktendo86

I don't get those comments from Wenger at all, what's the point in saying Welbeck would not have been signed had he been in the country and that he will explain the full story some day? Has to be a dig at the board going over his head, surely. Mental.

Read an article on the Daily Mail about Gael Kakuta that also name dropped Josh McEachran. Slightly annoyed at recent articles from this and the Guardian talking foul of Chelsea's loan system while at the same time never actually providing any proof of how they are detrimental to players. These kids get to play in some great leagues, are provided a great wage, and introduced to different cultures AND Chelsea helps them find a better deal later on so both parties end up benefiting.

How in the fuck is this worse than having to sit on the bench all season or playing for youth/reserve sides with a few thousand people watching? The mention of Kakuta and McEachran is mostly annoying because they HAD their chances and neither could stack up, especially Kakuta who has a history of lacking the work ethic required. Then you have others like Marin who Chelsea picked up when no one wanted him and Oriol Romeu who broke his leg twice and Chelsea helped and now he plays in the Bundesliga.

One argument I've read is that the team that Chelsea bought the player from doesn't get a cut when Chelsea sell him even though they trained him... yeah no shit, if I work in a local computer company and I get picked up by Apple/Google, my old employer gets nothing from that, and they shouldn't. Though this could be fixed easily by including a sell on clause when a player gets bought by a bigger club so I'm not sure why it's not executed more. So many people seem to forget that football is a job and a lot of folks want to take away basic employee rights by having a hard salary cap (that no job in the EU has) that goes completely against EU employee rights or having them locked into a specific club until they're of age, which also is a terrible idea. Footballers know they have a shelf life of 10-13 years so arbitrarily setting limits to preserve some imagined "sanctity" and romanticism of the game is just stupid to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any good arguments against Chelsea's loan system? I'd love to read some. One good one I think is that it's another case of the haves vs. the have nots in the sense that buying up young talent keeps it away from other poorer clubs... but at the same time if a youngster wants to go to Chelsea or Manchester City or where ever they should be allowed to. I don't know, it's easy to find stuff you don't like about it (if you're someone else, I still don't see proof that it's detrimental) but difficult as heck to find a solution.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
this rainbow laces campaign is pretty cool! Still sad that we gotta do campaigns for this stuff in 2014

we're essentially doing campaigns telling people to stop being stupid/ignorant and to mind their own business
Gives him.

You can buy anyone you want over there. Even Totti.

even that Sabatini dude. Buy him and force him to tweet something else

Mastadon

Banned
I don't get those comments from Wenger at all, what's the point in saying Welbeck would not have been signed had he been in the country and that he will explain the full story some day? Has to be a dig at the board going over his head, surely. Mental.

Not according to the Telegraph. He suggested that because he had to travel, he was up earlier than usual which allowed him to secure the deal.

Or some bollocks like that.

Of deadline day – and the criticism of his trip to Rome – “Wenger said: “If I had not travelled that day, Welbeck would not be here. The coincidence made it. If I stayed in my home, Welbeck would not be here. I will tell you that story one day. That is the truth. We are in 2014, you can always be in touch.”
When he was pressed on what he meant, Wenger added: “The advantage of that day was I got up at 6am and was available the whole day.”

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not according to the Telegraph. He suggested that because he had to travel, he was up earlier than usual which allowed him to secure the deal.

the club's whole transfer market is dependant on Wenger's alarms

blimey

Nicktendo86

That make it even more bizarre to me, he was going to sleep in on transfer deadline day and Arsenal's business was dependant on whether their manager was up? I'm confused.

Edit: Or basically what Yurt said.

Are there any good arguments against Chelsea's loan system? I'd love to read some. One good one I think is that it's another case of the haves vs. the have nots in the sense that buying up young talent keeps it away from other poorer clubs... but at the same time if a youngster wants to go to Chelsea or Manchester City or where ever they should be allowed to. I don't know, it's easy to find stuff you don't like about it (if you're someone else, I still don't see proof that it's detrimental) but difficult as heck to find a solution.

The main argument is hoarding youngsters, but its a BS argument because every club has a lot of youngsters any limits imposed on loaning players is fucking ridiculous.

You look at who we're loaning players too, Championship or equivalent in other countries was the lowest level we were doing so in the summer window. Now the Football league window is open we'll undoubtedly loan players to lower divisions but because its either their level or right for their age.

We don't put guns to anyones heads for these deals and our youth teams are winning a lot of trophies, not to mention we saved Aldershot town with our recent deal to use their stadium/facilities for the youngsters.

Oh and we use these deals to form close relationships with clubs in other countries, tons of other clubs do it why shouldn't we? Not our fault we're good at maintaining relationships and using them to our advantage (see Costa deal and us not having to activate the release clause but paying like a pound less or whatever)

Zabojnik

I WEEP for Gabbiadini ;_; thoughts on him?

Gabbiadini is already dead.There's no way we fit him into the system of we already have our hopes on Berardi and Zaza. Unless, that is, we get rid of players like Pepe and don't take up options on Pereyra. Then Gabbiadini can play as a winger in 4-3-3.

Edit:

I think it's too early to tell. I honestly don't even know if any of them is good enough for Juve. Berardi is the youngest and seems to be the one with the most talent / potential, so we'll bring him home next year for sure. Zaza is exploding right now, but he had a somewhat average, good at best, season with Sassuolo last year. Gabbiadini's was even worse. He was playing in less than ideal conditions, but still. Both him and Zaza are 22/23 already. This needs to be their breakout season. Zaza will likely get another chance / year to impress us regardless, since he only has one Serie A season behind him and has Conte (and Paratici, who always believed in him and brought him to Sampdoria for free!) behind him now. Gabbiadini ... is pretty much already dead, yeah, unless he pulls an Immobile.

My feeling is we'll bring both Berardi and Zaza to Torino next season and sell Gabbiadini, along with players like Pepe, Giovinco, Ogbonna and Padoin Kenobi.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Played the fifa demo for a good fee hours now, the more I play the less I like it, but I'm sure in the retail version it will be altered, the passing is arcades and the shooting too easy.

Also the £10 keyboard from Tesco is legit

inky

So does Wenger's comments mean Welbeck's not going to get much of a chance then? They can't be good for his morale either.

I feel like keepers stay on their line more than they would in real life though.

That has always been the case. They are also useless when you need them to keep the ball from going out, even when there's no danger around. They'd rather hug the post than run to the sides of the box.

The main argument is hoarding youngsters, but its a BS argument because every club has a lot of youngsters any limits imposed on loaning players is fucking ridiculous.

You look at who we're loaning players too, Championship or equivalent in other countries was the lowest level we were doing so in the summer window. Now the Football league window is open we'll undoubtedly loan players to lower divisions but because its either their level or right for their age.

We don't put guns to anyones heads for these deals and our youth teams are winning a lot of trophies, not to mention we saved Aldershot town with our recent deal to use their stadium/facilities for the youngsters.

Oh and we use these deals to form close relationships with clubs in other countries, tons of other clubs do it why shouldn't we? Not our fault we're good at maintaining relationships and using them to our advantage (see Costa deal and us not having to activate the release clause but paying like a pound less or whatever)
Yeah, exactly. Look at how many Italian clubs loan put players out on loan (though Serie A is the last thing the FA needs to try and emulate) and no one gives a shit, only when Chelsea does it is it a problem because the club is fun to hate. The club is doing nothing new at all just doing it on a larger scale and profiting off it to try and work around FFP.

Chelsea is in a special situation because due to the size of Stamford Bridge and that they can't expand or build anywhere else, they need to find different, more innovative streams of revenue to be able to match up with United, Arsenal, Man City, and Liverpool who have massive stadiums and make a lot of money from match tickets.

Regarding a conversation on here about badly behaved football fans and a comment from a Swansea fan that Cardiff were some of the worst around:

Cardiff City Stadium was the most secure ground to watch Premier League football in the season just gone, official Home Office figures released today reveal. Just one Cardiff fan was arrested at home games in the Welsh capital during the historic 2013-14 Premier League campaign. That figure is better than any other top flight club, with Manchester United topping the league of shame following 68 arrests of their fans at Old Trafford.

The statistics also show there were 15 Cardiff fans arrested during away matches, bringing their total for the season to 16. That put them fourth best in the Premier League table, with Norwich (four arrests), Swansea (nine) and Southampton (14) the only clubs were fewer arrests in total.

Manchester United had most arrests, with a home and away tally of 112, followed by Manchester City on 71 and Arsenal on 67.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-fans-least-home-7754950?

Also a "thinly veiled" Man Utd fans are violent thugs post.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think it's too early to tell. I honestly don't even know if any of them is good enough for Juve. Berardi is the youngest and seems to be the one with the most talent / potential, so we'll bring him home next year for sure. Zaza is exploding right now, but he had a somewhat average, good at best, season with Sassuolo last year. Gabbiadini's was even worse. He was playing in less than ideal conditions, but still. Both him and Zaza are 22/23 already. This needs to be their breakout season. Zaza will likely get another chance / year to impress us regardless, since he only has one Serie A season behind him and has Conte (and Paratici, who always believed in him and brought him to Sampdoria for free!) behind him now. Gabbiadini ... is pretty much already dead, yeah, unless he pulls an Immobile.

My feeling is we'll bring both Berardi and Zaza to Torino next season and sell Gabbiadini, along with players like Pepe, Giovinco, Ogbonna and Padoin Kenobi.

that Paratici story blew my mind :lol Zaza might be his bastard for all we know. THEY HAVE THE SAME EYES

Cunte got Zaza's back clearly (and I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being a balding southern teen), so I'm not worried about him for now, he'll explode one way or another

and yeah of all our youngsters, Berardi is the only REAL DEAL so far. The Verratti of strikers if you will...;_;

You should youtube Berardi-Zaza though and see how just fucking magnificent they're with each other <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom