• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Wenger's quotes on Welbeck are jokes. Way to give him confidence, muggins.

And that military male rape thread legitimately made me angry. Genuinely horrifying.

I just can't get my head around the shooting.

I do have a tendency to balloon it over the bar when shooting from outside the box.

Scored a few lovely goals though. Beat Dean in five of the six games we've played so far and drew the other.

Stop stealing my opinions, terrorist slag.

can't believe it's been 13 since since those fucking slags etc

Seriously though, 13. Fucking hell. Remember it like it was yesterday.

dc89

Here is an article on the interview I listened to the other night on FFP.

Jean-Louis Dupont, the Belgian lawyer responsible for the Bosman ruling which effectively changed the face of European football, has spoken of his certainty that Financial Fair Play rules "violate" European Union laws.

Dupont is representing a number of agents and supporters groups, and says that every day there are more people willing to join the action, particularly fans. He hopes to have a judgement by next summer at the latest.

Speaking on Talksport, Dupont was damning of the current rules. "I don't think any serious economist who has written about it [FFP] says it is financial fair play, they says it is financial unfair play. Why? As simple as this. Because when you say you can't spend more than you earn it looks good on the face of it. That's what I do at home. But when you're a company that's crazy. A company is about taking risks and saying 'OK, during ten years I am going to lose some money [meaning the investor]… so that I grow it, I make something different from it.'

"Financial Fair Play is a great name. It's the only thing that's good about it. Because, when you come down to the truth, it's a prohibition to invest. As simple as that. It's a prohibition to an investor to invest in his own company.

"So what's the result of it? The result is very simple – you have the 'haves', and the 'have-nots'. The people who are established will remain up there, and cannot be challenged. We are talking about a cartel. A system in which you cannot challenge UEFA because you have to live with it, so I do not expect anything from the big clubs.

“It would be so simple to do something different. Just an example, because UEFA is always using the argument ‘If we don’t do that, we have the next Portsmouth’. Not at all. You have a serious individual that comes and says ‘I’m going to overspend in my club because I want to grow the club’. OK, great. Do it. But put the money in by June 1st for the whole of next season, so there is no risk. The idea is instead of saying ‘you cannot overspend’, you say ‘you cannot overspend unless it is fully guaranteed in advance’.

“From an EU competition perspective it is very important because it means that you have less damaging measures that would be more efficient. Under EU law you cannot restrain freedom in order to attain supposed good financial balance if you have other measures that are available that would achieve your objectives better.

"For me, the key issue is that any serious professor of law or economist that has written on this subject is defending exactly the same position as my clients. I have absolutely no doubt this rule violates EU law, so we have to win. A court battle involves procedural issues, so you can always lose on a technicality, but on the merits I have zero doubt this rule violates EU law."

Dupont was also keen to stress who the real victims would be should the rules be upheld. "In England there is a wrong perception about it. People say this is hitting hard on Manchester City, this is hitting quite hard on Chelsea. In fact, in my view, if I was a fan of Aston Villa, or Newcastle, I would cry because no Sheikh Mansour is coming to grow the club. Forget about it. It's over. They're the real losers."

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=631#.VBF83JNdWqd

inb4 Bluemoon as a source hup hup.

Wilbur

Banned
Here is an article on the interview I listened to the other night on FFP.

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=631#.VBF83JNdWqd

inb4 Bluemoon as a source hup hup.

Have to agree with this. You have teams violating its terms already like City (not a dig m8, just hard FACT), PSG or QPR, and then teams that are now locked out of challenging because they won't be allowed to violate the rules like the others.

It's a truly shit system; it stops billionaires coming in and buying every single club, which has its positives, but it's just going to lead to the same few clubs challenging year after year; Chelsea and City because of their oil money, Arsenal United and Liverpool because of their generated money and fanbase.

I fucking weep for everyone else in France who has to deal with PSG.

L1NETT

What's the solution then?

That's right. Ship the top 5 off to the Qatari based superleague.

Called it.

Because if FFP goes a climate where a Roman or a Sheikh is needed to even challenge for the top 5 is not healthy, not sustainable and really not what football should be about.

DBT85

Should be consistent 60 in game, 30 in the new fancy replays.

Think it's a huge improvement over FIFA 14, fixed almost everything I had a problem with.

I won't be getting peppered with crosses all game long, and my defenders don't make terrible decisions on their own, hallelujah.

Most definitely isn't a constant 60 in game. At times it slows right down. I'll see if I can get a clip.

Not played a Fifa since 12. I'm not bad against my mates in local, but my defending is lol worthy. You lot could literally walk through it.

Speed felt better when I put passing in semi and I want getting confused as much when I turned off auto switching.

Reality is, I'm not good at games that need me to remember lots of buttons real time. Or games in general lol.

Blablurn

Please Dan.

tumblr_inline_nbpv6tEGF61rvi6ay.gif

dc89

This is why you listen to FF. Nice Dan. Nice.

<3

Have to agree with this. You have teams violating its terms already like City (not a dig m8, just hard FACT), PSG or QPR, and then teams that are now locked out of challenging because they won't be allowed to violate the rules like the others.

It's a truly shit system; it stops billionaires coming in and buying every single club, which has its positives, but it's just going to lead to the same few clubs challenging year after year; Chelsea and City because of their oil money, Arsenal United and Liverpool because of their generated money and fanbase.

I fucking weep for everyone else in France who has to deal with PSG.

You'll make me cry happy tears if you carry on.

VictoriousIllinformedGordonsetter.gif

I wonder what Kojima is smoking

I don't know how he does it but you just know this game will be incredible.

Game of the generation. Already.

They are much better at saving finesse shots now. Every goal I've scored has either been leathered into the net or a scrappy tap in.

I just think finesse shots aren't usually directed in to the corners and are hit at the keeper a lot. Don't think it's to do with better keeper abilities.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zaza gave in to public pressure. Also his mum wanted him to get rid of it. The glorious beard is no more.

http://photos-h.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10540468_317419128440799_1360097672_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I genuinely love him as much as Mimmo Berardi

what now Zazo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom