• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played through Destiny intro until I got to the city

Definitely see the "Halo Elements"

God Damn Bungie. I don't know anything about the story but the guns, the gameplay, the music, the sound...that's all there. Fuck you for abandoning us Bungie.

Blablurn

Kuba will be out again for "4,...5,...6,... weeks" (Jürgen Klopp). Get well soon, Kuba!

10685547_978884858790161_2055389929939090410_n.jpg

Played through Destiny intro until I got to the city

Definitely see the "Halo Elements"

God Damn Bungie. I don't know anything about the story but the guns, the gameplay, the music, the sound...that's all there. Fuck you for abandoning us Bungie.

Bungie didn't even know what made Halo great. They kept going away from what was good.

Zabojnik

that Paratici story blew my mind :lol Zaza might be his bastard for all we know. THEY HAVE THE SAME EYES

I love how on Juve forums Paratici is often described as a gigolo who uses his rugged charms to seduce young player's mothers all across Europe. He's currently involved with Rabiot's mom. A done deal. Sabatini has no chance.

King_Moc

Banned
Regarding a conversation on here about badly behaved football fans and a comment from a Swansea fan that Cardiff were some of the worst around:

Also a "thinly veiled" Man Utd fans are violent thugs post.

I remember Northampton having Cardiff at home a couple of times in the late 90's and there being pretty much a riot. There's a hill behind the ground that people can see the game from. Near the end, a couple of hundred Cardiff fans left (they were losing) and ran up the hill to attack them. Several hundred Northampton fans knocked the piss out of the cunts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love how on Juve forums Paratici is often described as a gigolo who uses his rugged charms to seduce young player's mothers all across Europe. He's currently involved with Rabiot's mom. A done deal. Sabatini has no chance.

HAHAHAHA

well, I can see it

fabio-paratici-copia_PSEC_.jpg

Hixx

Bungie didn't even know what made Halo great. They kept going away from what was good.

Reach's MP was a misstep and ODST sucked more dick than Nina Hartley but 1,2 and 3 were fantastic games.

And I'm having more fun with Destiny than I ever had with Halo 4... Destiny has gotten better as it goes on but I will say it takes far too long to get interesting.

Facism

when i get fifa i'm totally going to go with a fatih terim classic formation of 3-4-3 where I'll put a CDM as a CB, both my fullbacks in the midfield, one horrible CM in the middle with one old one, a horrible fucking striker up front that can't stop slapping his head after every easy chance he misses.

Plus Arda Turan.

I'll also make sure that we use pure zonal marking and have people chase the ball all game.

#bitter

The basic stuff doesn't change.

They made the game slower with each release. They made the starting weapon shittier with each release. They eventually went away from everyone being on equal footing to start matches. They went away from power ups/timed weapons and took away the difficulty in controlling areas of the map. They didn't even understand how to balance maps.

I enjoyed the first 3 Halo MPs, but Halo 3 started to show how little they knew what made the first 2 great. I still enjoyed Halo 3 a lot, but they didn't understand how to balance the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They made the game slower with each release. They made the starting weapon shittier with each release. They eventually went away from everyone being on equal footing to start matches. They went away from power ups/timed weapons and took away the difficulty in controlling areas of the map. They didn't even understand how to balance maps.

I enjoyed the first 3 Halo MPs, but Halo 3 started to show how little they knew what made the first 2 great. I still enjoyed Halo 3 a lot, but they didn't understand how to balance the game.

did you play CS or Unreal way back?

It's fun playing with other footy gaffers.

Let me get to a good level, just started an hour ago.

But you're right. I had one of those events and was getting my ass kicked... then a group came and helped me guard one of those alien.. things.

Game is really really fun so far.

when i get fifa i'm totally going to go with a fatih terim classic formation of 3-4-3 where I'll put a CDM as a CB, both my fullbacks in the midfield, one horrible CM in the middle with one old one, a horrible fucking striker up front that can't stop slapping his head after every easy chance he misses.

Plus Arda Turan.

I'll also make sure that we use pure zonal marking and have people chase the ball all game.

#bitter

Turkey isn't getting anywhere with Terim, I've accepted this long ago.

Juventus 4/11
AC Milan 7/5
Dortmund 1/4
Bayern 1/6
Barca 2/7
Real Sociedad 2/1
Liverpool 3/10
Everton 23/20
Chelsea 3/10

£30 returns £2006.68 at Paddy Power.

this was the bet I was going to do this weekend but I have no money to fund it. If it comes in I am going to cry so I am sharing it with you guys in case any of you want to jump in.

It weren't banter, there were fights all over the place. Sixfields is a pretty big area as well, it's not just a football ground there.

I was only 15!

I was only joking. I never would've gone to an away match during the 80's-90's, too many dickheads back then.

I'm just glad the whole "Football Factory" mentality is slowly disappearing.

King_Moc

Banned
In this country, partially at least. I still don't feel safe at away games though. Which is a shame, as they're the best ones to go to.

Facism

Turkey isn't getting anywhere with Terim, I've accepted this long ago.

It goes deeper than him. The tff is majorly corrupt.

How does someone as bad selcuk inan manage to be centrepiece of the team? Any sane turk could pick a great team and formation, but it rarely happens. Salih ucan is getting wasted in the u21s when he needs the fire of senior play.

The matchfixing probe should gave gone deeper and gutted the tff hierarchy.

Oh yea I was just talking about SP here, only been through that in Destiny.

Well, I don't think it helps that Max Hobermann left to form Certain Affinity in 2006 (who have made Age of Booty for PS3/360/PC, Crimson Alliance for XBLA, Left4Dead Xbox 360 ports and they do a lot of work with Halo/COD and have been involved heavily in the Halo 2 Anniversary edition)

From what I can remember, he was the online lead multiplayer designer on Halo 2/3 and had to fight for multiplayer to be the way it was in H2. Other Bungie guys had lofty plans that were axed from Halo 1 supposedly and he was key to making it what it was (especially after Bungie spent 18 months pissing around doing not a lot on Halo 2)

Obviously he left halfway through Halo 3 development too

Tc91

I like Destiny :(

Everyone is making out like it's shit

Yeah I don't know why. I think it looks super shit to watch someone else play it like on Twitch or something if they aren't playing The Crucible, so bad it almost put me off buying it.

So fun to play though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom