• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Scoring for fun at the moment, makes you wonder why Sanogo is above him in the pecking order.

Needs to be doing it in competetive football though

Ain't scored in either of his two loans. Sure the Cov fans can tell you more about him.

(I would take him on loan in heartbeat though

Aaron Mclean is overpaid and shit)

Hixx

Scotland

Fletcher.jpg

Argentina

Santi%20Vergini.jpg

:3

noal

Banned
I suppouse this is good for United GAF

Beautiful.

Random thought for the day: I hate the shitty roof on Old Trafford; it ruins everything. The one on the new parts of St James's Park would be so much better.

That's why the stadiums in Spain look so big because they don't have a massive sloping roof.

Sigh.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm don't know much of Chile history, but I think Pinochet's dictatorship is partly responsible to why Chile has great governments and politicians now, better than the rest of the Americas.

Also, everyone in Latin America hates chileans :lol

Didn't he murder loads of them after overthrowing the democratically elected government? After being funded by the US, too.

FootballFan

I'm don't know much of Chile history, but I think Pinochet's dictatorship is partly responsible to why Chile has great governments and politicians now, better than the rest of the Americas.

Also, everyone in Latin America hates chileans :lol

Especially AndresON

King_Moc

Banned
Really impressed with the FIFA demo. The little touches added to the general presentation make it feel much better as well.

And Raheem Sterling was MotM, so it's realistic too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tevez says that he's not injured and he's ready for Sat's game! (on his twitter)

:D

tevez-hair490ai_0.jpg

looking rather..not ugly nowadays too! Marchisio fixed him innit

Really impressed with the FIFA demo. The little touches added to the general presentation make it feel much better as well.

And Raheem Sterling was MotM, so it's realistic too.

They put a lot of glitter on the dogshit that is FIFA.

I will deffo buy it, and deffo complain about it but.....

M8 Sterling 79 rated? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Facism

what's worse:

Those guys that don't like a game because they read some shit sometime on the internet.

or

those guys that constantly belittle guys who don't like their game and constantly want you to ignore all the negative opinions, because they want to justify their own enthusiasm for game by stonewalling any criticism against it?

Videogaming simps.

TheF1BOB

Banned
Tevez says that he's not injured and he's ready for Sat's game! (on his twitter)

:D

tevez-hair490ai_0.jpg

looking rather..not ugly nowadays too! Marchisio fixed him innit

need to see other side of face.

showmethereceipts.gif.

what's worse:

Those guys that don't like a game because they read some shit sometime on the internet.

or

those guys that constantly belittle guys who don't like their game and constantly want you to ignore all the negative opinions, because they want to justify their own enthusiasm for game by stonewalling any criticism against it?

Videogaming simps.

both are shitty.

what's worse:

or

Videogaming simps.

Both are irritating but for some reason I dislike the second one more.

Clegg

'Sleep like a baby tonight' is already a U2 classic.

Why am I liking this album so much? Their last few records have been mediocre. They've no right to be making decent music at their age.

King_Moc

Banned

Why am I liking this album so much? Their last few records have been mediocre. They've no right to be making decent music at their age.

I've never understood this. Plenty of people still do, but the general public isn't necessarily willing to listen.

Phlebas

Banned
what's worse:

or

Videogaming simps.

That's why I tend to avoid gaming side now.

You all are pretty chill on the other hand.

Clegg

I've never understood this. Plenty of people still do, but the general public isn't necessarily willing to listen.
Talking more about the mega acts. Bowie and the Stones pretty much jacked it in post 1980. Dylan has gotten progressively worse with age and the less said about Metallica/RHCP, the better. All these performers have periods at the very tops of the game and then just putter out. U2's new stuff caught me off guard. Was expecting it to be crap.

Tom Waits is still going strong though. He gets better with every album.

King_Moc

Banned
Talking more about the mega acts. Bowie and the Stones pretty much jacked it in post 1980. Dylan has gotten progressively worse with age and the less said about Metallica/RHCP, the better. All these performers have periods at the very tops of the game and then just putter out. U2's new stuff caught me off guard. Was expecting it to be crap.

Tom Waits is still going strong though. He gets better with every album.

Well, Bowie went weird by choice more than anything. He already showed with Reality and The Next Day that he can do classic Bowie whenever he feels like it imo. A lot of artists seem to run out of ideas, and just get boring. But I blame that on their own lack of creativity, not age. Nick Cave has never had that problem. Johnny Cash got good again at a very old age. Even McCartney can be pretty damn good when he wants to be.

Clegg

Well, Bowie went weird by choice more than anything. He already showed with Reality and The Next Day that he can do classic Bowie whenever he feels like it imo. A lot of artists seem to run out of ideas, and just get boring. But I blame that on their own lack of creativity, not age. Nick Cave has never had that problem. Johnny Cash got good again at a very old age. Even McCartney can be pretty damn good when he wants to be.
Does age not factor into loss of creativity? Personally, I think there's an interconnection. Lots of factors throughout your career shape you. Society, politics, finding love etc. Then the biggest problem of all, success. Must get very difficult to keep pushing yourself when you've been in top for so long. Takes a special kind of person to keep producing creative music well into their careers. Cave was smart and branches off with Grinderman. When he came back to the Bad Seeds he had new ideas. Don't know what Waits has done to keep himself at the top of him game though. Mans a genius.

King_Moc

Banned
Does age not factor into loss of creativity? Personally, I think there's an interconnection. Lots of factors throughout your career shape you. Society, politics, finding love etc. Then the biggest problem of all, success. Must get very difficult to keep pushing yourself when you've been in top for so long. Takes a special kind of person to keep producing creative music well into their careers. Cave was smart and branches off with Grinderman. When he came back to the Bad Seeds he had new ideas. Don't know what Waits has done to keep himself at the top of him game though. Mans a genius.

Possibly. I've not gotten (particularly) old yet. I imagine family along with success would be the biggest things. Also striving to recapture past form, instead of striving for something entirely new. The best bands completely reinvent themselves at every opportunity I think.

Clegg

Possibly. I've not gotten (particularly) old yet. I imagine family along with success would be the biggest things. Also striving to recapture past form, instead of striving for something entirely new. The best bands completely reinvent themselves at every opportunity I think.
U2 did the reinvention thing pretty well in the 90's. Achtung Baby and Zooropa sound nothing like their 80's stuff. Problem then is what do you do when you've reached the natural climax to your new sound? Change tack again? Would be very hard to do. I know Radiohead tried this and achieved a measure of success. But even they turned back to a more 'classic Radiohead' sound after Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can't wait to score a 90th minute goal in clubs and have the unsung heroes, our bench, run to the pitch and celebrate

King_Moc

Banned
U2 did the reinvention thing pretty well in the 90's. Achtung Baby and Zooropa sound nothing like their 80's stuff. Problem then is what do you do when you've reached the natural climax to your new sound? Change tack again? Would be very hard to do. I know Radiohead tried this and achieved a measure of success. But even they turned back to a more 'classic Radiohead' sound after Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac.

Yeah, kind of. I felt they more blended the previous two sounds together with In Rainbows. And then went a bit nuts with the first half of The King of Limbs. There's no need to upend the apple cart like Radiohead did though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Wait does this actually happen now?
Yep, they show them celebrating on the bench too in highlights, I did some replay analysis and they are actually emoting as the game goes on too

Zabojnik

My problem with U2's new releases is that I keep expecting them to somehow come up with another Achtung Baby. Which makes no sense on a purely rational level, because they clearly don't have that spark in them anymore. The craftsmanship is still there, but the edge is gone. Has been for a long time now. Pop was what, 1996?

Having said that, Songs of Innocence does sound like a pretty convincing return to form. Lyrically, it's a much stronger album than their past three, and it's kinda refreshing to not hear Edge's staple, delay heavy riffs for once. I've resigned myself to the idea that we'll never get another So Cruel a long time ago, so ... Yeah, I'm liking the new album more than I thought I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom