• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning bro... it happened, it finally happened. Nevermind its 12 days after the transfer window (lol), we did it...we got a striker. Praise the lord

Jonas on Benfica for 2 years (I believe with a option for a third)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4831-1383239359-27.gif

now the part where you guys say he's actually shit :p
Mean you won't come back in for Campbell?

Ashes

Banned
COMPLETED INS

Daley Blind
Ander Herrera
Angel di Maria
Marcos Rojo
Luke Shaw
Radamel Falcao

COMPLETED OUTS
Jack Barmby
Bebe
Alexander Buttner
Sam Byrne
Tom Cleverley
Charni Ekangamene
Patrice Evra
Rio Ferdinand
Ryan Giggs

Angelo Henriquez
Javier Hernandez
Shinji Kagawa

Michael Keane
Tom Lawrence
Federico Macheda
Nani
Nick Powell
Nemanja Vidic
Danny Welbeck
Wilfried Zaha

Davide Petrucci (I think?)

That's a whole lotta folks that just left

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mean you won't come back in for Campbell?

thats a good question. probably will in January, let's see how we do in champions group phase I guess (where Jonas cant play), and theres always injuries and shit.

then again Jonas probably completely fucked our salary ceiling for this season so who knows.

I actually looked up the prices of the flights and it is like 50/50 if I could afford it. Might be better for me to come next season so I can actually afford to spend money on food and stuff to buy haha. Thanks and you better be able to get me tickets next year :p <3

If you get the tickets as soon as they issue them around March or April you get like 40% discount or somefing

Just let me know if you're actually going to get them so I can buy mine at that discounted price

The issue with free tickets is you can't decide where you want to sit :p

Slizz

I've only sat behind goal at games. I really can't imagine being anywhere else. Mid-field would be nice due to being able to see everything laid out, but I dunno.... Something about a goal scored in the net you're behind is pretty awesome.

EmiPrime

I've only sat behind goal at games. I really can't imagine being anywhere else. Mid-field would be nice due to being able to see everything laid out, but I dunno.... Something about a goal scored in the net you're behind is pretty awesome.

Cheapest tickets too!

Ashes

Banned
And only 2 of them will be missed

At Utd? Sure.

But you could have a starting 11... on paper at least :p

GK Rio Ferdinand

DF Patrice Evra
DF Nemanja Vidic
DF Michael Keane

MF Shinji Kagawa
MF Tom Cleverley
MF Nick Powell
MF Nani
MF Ryan Giggs

FW Danny Welbeck
FW Javier Hernandez

subs:

FW Wilfried Zaha
FW Federico Macheda
FW Tom Lawrence
FW Angelo Henriquez
MF Charni Ekangamene

edit: One transfer window. Jeez St Louis.

Jarnet87

It wasn't enough of a clean out IMO. We kept Valencia and Young. Two players that anyone could argue were the two worst players on the squad.

GorillaJu

what's worse:

Those guys that don't like a game because they read some shit sometime on the internet.

or

those guys that constantly belittle guys who don't like their game and constantly want you to ignore all the negative opinions, because they want to justify their own enthusiasm for game by stonewalling any criticism against it?

Videogaming simps.

How about when you just know what you like and it's not manufactured enthusiasm, you just are having fun. Makes the people trying to convince you that you aren't actually enjoying it sound extra stupid

It wasn't enough of a clean out IMO. We kept Valencia and Young. Two players that anyone could argue were the two worst players on the squad.

You think anyone wanted them and could afford their high wages? We could have done Nani-type loan deals but I suppose LVG wanted backups at wing-back given how injury-prone our first-choice defenders are.

Anderson rejected a move to Brazil too.

Bold One

COMPLETED INS

Daley Blind
Ander Herrera
Angel di Maria
Marcos Rojo
Luke Shaw
Radamel Falcao

COMPLETED OUTS
Jack Barmby
Bebe
Alexander Buttner
Sam Byrne
Tom Cleverley
Charni Ekangamene
Patrice Evra
Rio Ferdinand
Ryan Giggs

Angelo Henriquez
Javier Hernandez
Shinji Kagawa

Michael Keane
Tom Lawrence
Federico Macheda
Nani
Nick Powell
Nemanja Vidic
Danny Welbeck
Wilfried Zaha

Davide Petrucci (I think?)

That's a whole lotta folks that just left

pretty amazing, considering we still have quite a few get rid of

Zabojnik

Rumor is Juve are considering a Lichtsteiner - Rabiot swap with PSG in January. Probably bullshit, tied to the Johnson to Juve stories.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
HIGH FIVE SAL

Rumor is Juve are considering a Lichtsteiner - Rabiot swap with PSG in January. Probably bullshit, tied to the Johnson to Juve stories.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

guyver-sho-transformation-o.gif

IT BETTER BE BULLSHIT

all of this over 500k? Just give it to him ffs, he fucking EARNED it.

and that swap makes no sense really

Elchele

It was an awful moment. I thought that shit was never going to haunt me in my real life, but I was wrong.

Also the taxi that take me home was playing a great song in the radio, he even tried to shazam it to tell me the name of the song but it didn't turn up. Now I'm trying to find it by like 3 or 4 words I recognized from it. Fuck

nvm: I found it. Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It was an awful moment. I thought that shit was never going to haunt me in my real life, but I was wrong.

Also the taxi that take me home was playing a great song in the radio, he even tried to shazam it to tell me the name of the song but it didn't turn up. Now I'm trying to find it by like 3 or 4 words I recognized from it. Fuck

I can help! Say them

if you look like Pepe then change your haircut drastically :p or add some facial hair to the mix

Hello FootballGAF!

Been lurking this place for 2+ years, I'm a Manchester United fan, and I hope you don't mind me dropping in here occasionally.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hello FootballGAF!

Been lurking this place for 2+ years, I'm a Manchester United fan, and I hope you don't mind me dropping in here occasionally.

Why hello there good looking

-Did you really believe in Vidal-United?
-How do you feel about Mitten?
-Vidal's knee?
-Who's your favourite poster?
-Who's your favourite cunt-poster?
-best footygaf moment?
-20 or 5?
-do you have some mangos to spare?

FeD.nL

"We're focussing on our talents and that's why we wont spent a lot of money on a single player" -basically every higher up at Ajax

Proceeds to sell 3 of those talents...

Instead of playing Destiny I've had to work 600 miles from my home to watch my state give up $1.25 BILLION to entice Telsa to build their new gigafactory here. It took 2 days but they finally passed all the tax breaks, give always, tax credits, and abatements so that new battery factory is ours! Unless Tesla decides to go with Texas.

And yes, gigafactory is actually a thing. Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom