• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

PhD thesis submitted, Bla

tumblr_nbrl00hooj1t74o3jnp.gif

well done! What's the subject, if you want to share.

I think mine will take another year...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
KidA, Zazo...guys...say something

HomelyWeepyGavial.gif

Mimmo's cross ;_; Zaza's finish ;_;

Berardi-Zaza will be the new Del Piero-Trez. <3 The new Dwight Yorke and Cole <3 Henry and Bearcum <3 Sanogo and Welbeck.

Tevez is ok, but will probably be resting tomorrow. Coman in. YES YURT!

might as well say injured then. We're protecting Allegri the Ripper, aren't we?

Salazar

well done! What's the subject, if you want to share.

It's a bit of a jumble of literary criticism, rhetorical analysis, publishing history, periodical studies. I've taken a literary magazine (starting in 1902) and attempted to put a corrective emphasis on the letters to the editor - putting them at the centre, not the periphery, of the magazine's historical profile. In part, because they're interesting. In part, also, because, to a considerable extent, what makes literary criticism worthwhile is responsibility; the kind of ethical resummons ("look what you did m8") implicit in responsibility is axiomatically social; and the expressly sociable, reciprocal part of the magazine is the correspondence. So I figured I'd read em with some kind of heightened attentiveness to the nature of participation, the social dynamics, the changes over the 20th century with the growth of institutional academia and mass-publishing. The names folks call each other. The metaphors used to describe one's own intellectual conduct and that engaged in by others.

It's been a pretty mental process over 4-5 years. Very different project at the end than I envisaged at the beginning.

I just need Rumbo to fire this weekend.

Why hello there good looking

-Did you really believe in Vidal-United? Yes. :(
-How do you feel about Mitten? I feel nothing at all.
-Vidal's knee? lol.
-Who's your favourite poster? Yurt or Killer7
-Who's your favourite cunt-poster? The real madrid fan with the Ronaldo avatar.
-best footygaf moment? There were so many, but I guess i'll choose the World cup final.
-20 or 5? Pardon me?
-do you have some mangos to spare? Yes, I have some in the kitchen.

Answers in bold.

EDIT: Forgot about Salazar. He's one of my top three posters too.

TeddyBoy

Hello FootballGAF!

Been lurking this place for 2+ years, I'm a Manchester United fan, and I hope you don't mind me dropping in here occasionally.

Welcome! Feel free to post as much as you'd like :)

Instead of playing Destiny I've had to work 600 miles from my home to watch my state give up $1.25 BILLION to entice Telsa to build their new gigafactory here. It took 2 days but they finally passed all the tax breaks, give always, tax credits, and abatements so that new battery factory is ours! Unless Tesla decides to go with Texas.

And yes, gigafactory is actually a thing. Who knew?

Hopefully Telsa picks your state, a gigafactory sounds very super villain-like so you could then get a new job working for a super villain :p

Gambit

It's a bit of a jumble of literary criticism, rhetorical analysis, publishing history, periodical studies. I've taken a literary magazine (starting in 1902) and attempted to put a corrective emphasis on the letters to the editor - putting them at the centre, not the periphery, of the magazine's historical profile. In part, because they're interesting. In part, also, because, to a considerable extent, what makes literary criticism worthwhile is responsibility; the kind of ethical resummons ("look what you did m8") implicit in responsibility is axiomatically social; and the expressly sociable, reciprocal part of the magazine is the correspondence. So I figured I'd read em with some kind of heightened attentiveness to the nature of participation, the social dynamics, the changes over the 20th century with the growth of institutional academia and mass-publishing. The names folks call each other. The metaphors used to describe one's own intellectual conduct and that engaged in by others.

It's been a pretty mental process over 4-5 years. Very different project at the end than I envisaged at the beginning.

I just need Rumbo to fire this weekend.

Thanks. Sounds very interesting. Especially because you are drawing attention to something so overlooked. I get why you'd say it's a mix of many diciplines. From historical linguistics to sociology. I bet you can (or rather could) find drastically changing values over time in a diachronical research like that.

Thanks for the quick explanation. And I can definitely believe the project changed dramatically over time. I think that happens to everyone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
-Who's your favourite poster? Yurt or Killer7 (and Salazar)
K7 and S and both cool <3 and sank u

tumblr_inline_mmlimqWetW1qz4rgp.gif

I dunno why I love this gif
-Who's your favourite cunt-poster? The real madrid fan with the Ronaldo avatar.
Pulg is either a misunderstood comic LVgenius too far ahead of his time or a psychopath. The Andy Kaufman of FootyGAF, if you will.
-20 or 5? Pardon me?
grisen-gerrard5-2-300x183.jpg

MUFC20TImesChampions.jpg

What more is there to say? Marotta is a mercato genius.
Fuck Marotta in the eye

DBT85

Hello FootballGAF!

Been lurking this place for 2+ years, I'm a Manchester United fan, and I hope you don't mind me dropping in here occasionally.

Welcome. Some of us read more than football fan.

If you've lurked then hopefully you know your way around the thread.

#fuckbayern
#hallaJunited

Welcome. Some of us read more than football fan.

If you've lurked then hopefully you know your way around the thread.

#fuckbayern
#hallaJunited
Yes sir, I sure do. :)

K7 and S and both cool <3 and sank u

Pulg is either a misunderstood comic LVgenius too far ahead of his time or a psychopath.
Ah yes, Pulga! Also, 20!

Welcome! Feel free to post as much as you'd like :)
Sure!

bjaelke

By the 37th minute, Liverpool had taken a 2-0 lead. By the 49th, however, Cologne had fought valiantly to stay in the game and managed to level the score through goals by Karl-Heinz Thielen and Hannes Loehr. The team was additionally impeded, as Wolfgang Weber had suffered a fibular fracture at the end of the first half, but he remained in the game until the end. Fifteen minutes before the end and after another exciting tackle, the ball wriggled for the third time in Liverpool's net. The rejoicing was premature, though. The goal was disallowed, as two of the Cologne players were offside.

At the end of 90 minutes the score remained 2-2; extra-time produced no further goals, and the coin had to decide the outcome. Penalty shoot-outs did not exist at the time. In fact, until that day no such game had been decided by the toss of a coin. When the Belgian referee flipped the coin with red and white sides on it, it got stuck upright in the mud. The coin had to be flipped a second time, and this time it fell with the red side up. Liverpool had won.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P8zft3Yc1M

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Napoli Vice-President Edoardo De Laurentiis said they &#8220;couldn&#8217;t care less&#8221; about whether their fans are disappointed.

He was asked for his response to fans who felt disappointed by the transfer strategy, as Lopez arrived after targets like Marouane Fellaini, Maxime Gonalons, Sandro, Lucas Leiva and Javier Mascherano were mentioned.

&#8220;Disappointed or not, we couldn&#8217;t care less about what our fans think, because we have always achieved excellent results at the end of the season.

&#8220;We wanted to bring some young players. David Lopez is very talented, he&#8217;s a good lad with some real qualities and in my view will do well.&#8221;

The rapport between the club and its supporters has hit a new low with season ticket sales plummeting
AHAHAHAHA amazing!

Welcome m8.
As long as you not support Arsenal, Real, PSG, Benfica, Dortmund and Juve, you're fine.

wait, so Chelsea and Barca are fine?

If you get the tickets as soon as they issue them around March or April you get like 40% discount or somefing

Just let me know if you're actually going to get them so I can buy mine at that discounted price

The issue with free tickets is you can't decide where you want to sit :p

Will do! I might see if a friend can come with me as well so I did need the extra time haha.

dc89

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxTRR6gCUAA04Oy.jpg[/IMG

Thanks for nothing international football.[/QUOTE]

Same here, 5 players doubtful.

I'm not gonna play my wildcard, I think I'll absorb the point penalty for making more than the allowed changes. Still early days and I've had a really good start, I'm 2nd and 3rd in two of the leagues I am in. 41st in GAF.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zazallah &#8220;The only problem I encountered with the Azzurri was changing to a new system, seeing as at Sassuolo we play with three strikers. I thank Ciro Immobile for helping me through that transition.&#8221;

Zaza admits he &#8220;didn&#8217;t expect to be called up&#8221; by new Italy Coach Antonio Conte, let alone given the starting spot against both Holland and Norway.

&#8220;Conte gave me some advice on how to improve, for example when using my right foot and being calmer in front of the goal. I have to do better in my choices.&#8221;

Zaza-llah has effectively replaced Balotelli in the Italy line-up and was praised for his work ethic compared to the Liverpool star.

&#8220;The difference between us is still enormous,&#8221; assured the 23-year-old. &#8220;Potentially Balotelli is one of the best forwards in the world and he&#8217;s superior to me in terms of technique, even though we have different styles.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t like comparisons. He is Balotelli and has been playing at the top level for seven years, whereas I&#8217;ve had only a few not even exceptional seasons in Serie A. I still need to prove who I am, even to myself
"

<3 so humble. I bet he drives a Fiat 500, and doesn't bitch and moan when his Destiny arrives 24 hours late

Jack cw

Don't we have a million games in the next 4-6 weeks? I'm stoked, Jack. I wanna live again.
A million games without a true midfield. Imagine Alonso, Lahm and Götze there...
I hope we just make it through the group stage in CL and doenst have more than 4 points to catch up to the Bundesliga leader in December. Once Thiago and Schweinsteiger are back, we'll win CL again.
Finally bothered to find something different.
I really liked your Jon Snow avatar, especially after the end of season 4. But this one is ok. Barca is great.
at the start of the 2012/13 season when he, Mata and Hazard were on fire was beautiful.
I remember and was really impressed but he is still young and will deliver constant great performances with the time. Mou is the coach, he will make him even better.

Blablurn

A million games without a true midfield. Imagine Alonso, Lahm and Götze there...
I hope we just make it through the group stage in CL and doenst have more than 4 points to catch up to the Bundesliga leader in December. Once Thiago and Schweinsteiger are back, we'll win CL again.

I really liked your Jon Snow avatar, especially after the end of season 4. But this one is ok. Barca is great.

Alonso seems fine again. I'm sure together with Lahm we can control the damage till winter. Believe in Rode too. We just need Robben and Ribery to be back. Lewa needs some more passes up front. Shaqiri is dead. Götze too. I hope Müller continues his recent form.

Next week is City right? They don't look too hot either.

DBT85

Yes moyes

Cleverley told reporters: “If any footballer gets a bit of stick off their own fans they are going to be hurt. Football is a game of opinions and you can’t please everyone.

“I am happy to get away from some of the negativity. Whenever you are not winning trophies at Man United the players are going to get some stick.

“With me being out of contract at the end of the year if I am being honest I don’t think I would play for the club again.

“In modern football it is rare that one player, like Giggsy or Scholesy, plays for one club for their career.”

United boss Louis van Gaal handed Cleverley the captain’s armband for one match during their pre-season tour of the United States, but the midfielder accepts he is not in the Dutchman’s plans.

He said: “I wasn’t emotional or anything like that. I didn’t get a chance to say many goodbyes. It is something I had prepared myself for.

“Louis van Gaal was always straight with me. I had a fairly good pre-season where we won every game, but he has his own players.

“The manager made it fairly clear it wasn’t going to happen for me there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom