• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Pooing on Falcao would be a wasted payload, he's already surrounded by shit.
We sold our shit (except for Young)

Now...

3598A63A0D3441AC8A5BF5EB9E83430E.ashx

Yen

I don't even know what Ander Herrara looks like.

-

Wish I (and also my school) took learning languages seriously. I'm taking up French again, but I wish I gave it a proper bash at school (but French at school was really laidback)

L1NETT

Clint Hill, Richard Dunne and Rio Ferdinand

That backline. There are younger fossils than the combined aged of those three quims

If United can't bang at least three past those husks they need their heads examining

K1LLER7

Clint Hill, Richard Dunne and Rio Ferdinand

That backline. There are younger fossils than the combined aged of those three quims

If United can't bang at least three past those husks they need their heads examining
He's coming for Rio (with the headband)

2D8E57CBC1D7450F803AA16325329398.ashx

EmiPrime

I don't even know what Ander Herrara looks like.

-

Wish I (and also my school) took learning languages seriously. I'm taking up French again, but I wish I gave it a proper bash at school (but French at school was really laidback)

Sadly it's getting worse and numbers at A Level have dwindled massively. I think German teachers are suffering most because of it.

Yen

Sadly it's getting worse and numbers at A Level have dwindled massively. I think German teachers are suffering most because of it.

When I started secondary school, there was French, Spanish and Irish. By the time of my GCSEs, my class was the last French class before they got rid of it (and we couldn't do it at A-Level), and one guy did Irish. Presumably they had to cutdown on languages so the school could focus more on Sport, PE and Leisure Studies.

Hixx

You have to do one of French or German at the school I went to, then at GCSE level you have to do both. One of our German teachers was a little old Scottish lady.

Fucking terrifying hearing German with her accent.

I like how squashed the image gets more than anything just to fit United in.

LvG getting the sack before Christmas, Sherwood coming in to save the day.

EmiPrime

When I started secondary school, there was French, Spanish and Irish. By the time of my GCSEs, my class was the last French class before they got rid of it (and we couldn't do it at A-Level), and one guy did Irish. Presumably they had to cutdown on languages so the school could focus more on Sport, PE and Leisure Studies.

That's awful. :/

At least you're getting back to it! 11 is a bit of a crap age to start learning a language, I think young children and adults find it a lot easier (for different reasons) so teachers in secondary schools are really dealt a bad hand.

Yen

Reading the Guardian article on Sturridge's injury and England, whether Hodgson or the fitness team, ignored his normal training instructions.

Normally, the 25-year-old has an active recovery session two days after a match – a low-to-moderate-intensity routine designed to avoid muscle problems. Sturridge asked England’s coaching team for such a session last Friday but though Gary Cahill sat out training that day with a fitness problem, the Liverpool striker was instructed to take part in regular training instead. He subsequently pulled up with the thigh injury and missed England’s Euro 2016 qualifying win over Switzerland on Monday when his replacement, Danny Welbeck, scored twice.

[...]

Rodgers confirmed Liverpool provide all national associations with analysis of their players on international duty. “Absolutely,” he said. “The players tell the associations how they work. Of course, it’s always up to the manager of the association. On that second day you can still do tactical work but for us and the methods of how we work, that can only be low to moderate intensity in small spaces or you get injuries.”

Hixx

I was about to say that Jubel by Klingande is the best thing to come out of Germany since Thomas Helmer.

Then I found it was French.

UNLUCKY, GERMANY

EmiPrime

You have to do one of French or German at the school I went to, then at GCSE level you have to do both. One of our German teachers was a little old Scottish lady.

Fucking terrifying hearing German with her accent.

We had to do one of them at GCSE. Now I don't think you need to do any modern language beyond year 9.

My German teacher was a BVB fan. He was nice.

El Topo

I finally finished Virtue's Last Reward. Amazing game, definitely worth getting. It's still on sale for a few days. If you have a Vita, get it.

That said, fuck the final, ultimate ending. It's great, but we'll never get a sequel. Fuck that. Might make a thread tomorrow to vent.

I finally finished Virtue's Last Reward. Amazing game, definitely worth getting. It's still on sale for a few days. If you have a Vita, get it.

That said, fuck the final, ultimate ending. It's great, but we'll never get a sequel. Fuck that. Might make a thread tomorrow to vent.

I got it, did the first puzzle in the elevator but then got a bit busy with an exam and fifa demo. Will play more of it soon!

El Topo

I got it, did the first puzzle in the elevator but then got a bit busy with an exam and fifa demo. Will play more of it soon!

It's really amazing, although as I got closer to the ending I started to wish that there was a better way to speed things up, e.g. they really could've left out the animation for when a door opens after the 100th time.

Truly a great game, but unfortunately it spoils 999, so I can't even go back to enjoy that one. I honestly haven't been this impressed by a game in a long time. Might get Danganronpa (though no longer on sale) and its sequel as well now.

El Topo

Wait it does? Fuck. That was another game on my to play list lol.

Yeah, I was playing and then suddenly it was like "By the way, here's the ending of 999 and info on how all it plays out". It doesn't spoil all that much I guess, but enough for me.

Might still get the game (even though it's quite expensive) because VLR was just so damn good.

Pennywise

Yeah, I was playing and then suddenly it was like "By the way, here's the ending of 999 and info on how all this plays out". It doesn't spoil everything I guess, but enough for me.

It's the sequel after all and they're pretty connected titles.

I've been enjoying Danganronpa 2, so many small hints and jokes not only about the developers itself but the industry as whole.

El Topo

It's the sequel after all and they're pretty connected titles.

I've been enjoying Danganronpa 2, so many small hints and jokes not only about the developers itself but the industry as whole.

I can't justify spending money on the game right now, but it's hard to resist.

Yeah, I guess I should've seen it coming. Still, I don't even mind. VLR was really great, even if the puzzle sections were rather mediocre. It's been a long time a game encaptivated me like that.

K1LLER7

I just bought a new laptop, I can't justify spending money...on...must...not....buy....Danganronpa and its sequel....must...think about...

Joking aside, yeah, I guess I should've seen it coming. Still I don't even mind. VLR was really great, even if the puzzle sections were rather mediocre.
There were some that took me forever to solve.

From what I rememeber, there was one in a white room and one in a bar themed room.

Brilliant game though. Recommend anybody with a Vita to buy it and also play 999.

Pennywise

I just bought a new laptop, I can't justify spending money...on...must...not....buy....Danganronpa and its sequel....must...think about...

Joking aside, yeah, I guess I should've seen it coming. Still I don't even mind. VLR was really great, even if the puzzle sections were rather mediocre.

That's the section where Danganronpa shines.
It's like Ace Attorney where you have to collect clues and use them later on in dialogues etc.

The weak point is one of the strenghts of VLR.
There is just a single storyline without any differences, compared to VLR it's a joke.
Overall both are great games, maybe you should wait for another sale or look for a cheap used retail version somewhere.
I don't wanna be the reason you're broke and can't buy mangos.

El Topo

I don't wanna be the reason you're broke and can't buy mangos.

It's more about not throwing money out of the window. I still have quite a backlog of games and books, not to mention Netflix will come here in a few days.

I'd feel like I was buying a game just for the sake of having a new one, when I haven't even finished (or played) many of the ones I have.

jesalr

Telegraph reporting Spurs target of a US takeover.
Now how am I gonna be an awful Oil Money fan and sing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuAw77J8_Y all the time?

Tottenham Hotspur have received a preliminary approach from a private investment company, Cain Hoy, to buy the club on behalf of a group of American businessmen.
Led by its London-born and based head of European investment, Jonathan Goldstein, Cain Hoy is believed to have communicated its interest in launching a takeover bid for Spurs.
Tottenham have claimed they are not up for sale and that they are not in any formal takeover talks, but it is believed owner Joe Lewis values the club, together with the new stadium development, at just under £1 billion.
The exact number of investors and the names of the US group are being kept under wraps, but American entrepreneur and private equity investor Henry Silverman is chief executive of Cain Hoy.
Both 48-year-old Goldstein and 74-year-old Silverman are former employees of Guggenheim Partners. In his former role as vice-chairman of asset management at Guggenheim, Silverman helped to appoint Goldstein as head of real estate and direct investment in Europe in January.
Cain Hoy Enterprises was formed with the support of – and a minority, non-controlling investment from – Guggenheim. But Guggenheim is not behind the approach to buy Tottenham and both Goldstein and Silverman are understood to have left the company.

If we value ourselves at just under £1b with the stadium development, that means they're valuing the club just shy of £600m.

I liked Van Gaal's answer on Welbeck.

I still wish he stayed but I am sure he is aware of a lot of what is being said this week by people in the media and ex players. He is having to justify his decision and he gave the reason in the bluntest terms.

Strong and firm answer.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not understanding Wenger's comments about if he didn't travel to Italy then Welbeck wouldn't be an Arsenal player. That makes no sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm not understanding Wenger's comments about if he didn't travel to Italy then Welbeck wouldn't be an Arsenal player. That makes no sense.

Lightning bro... it happened, it finally happened. Nevermind its 12 days after the transfer window (lol), we did it...we got a striker. Praise the lord

Jonas on Benfica for 2 years (I believe with a option for a third)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4831-1383239359-27.gif

now the part where you guys say he's actually shit :p

Wilbur

Banned
I liked Van Gaal's answer on Welbeck.

I still wish he stayed but I am sure he is aware of a lot of what is being said this week by people in the media and ex players. He is having to justify his decision and he gave the reason in the bluntest terms.

Strong and firm answer.

Agreed.

K1LLER7

Looking forward to seeing how LVG will try to fit in Rooney, Mata, Falcao, RVP and Di Maria if possible.

Only Rooney and Di Maria are the definite starters and 1 of the other 3 will most likely be dropped to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom