• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

BxUkESwCEAApHnA.jpg:large

isn't he so beautiful.

Not bad for a 42 year old.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What player would you be most devastated to lose from your team? I mean personally not about how good he is.

I think mine is André Schürrle. I absolutely love him and can't see him leaving for a while so would be so sad if we lost him. I would say Hazard but I am already expecting him to leave in the next two years anyway.
Marchisio and Lichtsteiner.

What player would you be most devastated to lose from your team? I mean personally not about how good he is.

I think mine is André Schürrle. I absolutely love him and can't see him leaving for a while so would be so sad if we lost him. I would say Hazard but I am already expecting him to leave in the next two years anyway.

Sterling

He, Henderson and Sturridge are probably the big 3 at the moment who can provide our foundation as we move past Gerrard's era, but Sterling is the youngest, and has the highest ceiling

Blablurn

I love the feel in FIFA 14 (online) when you have complete power. Complete momentum. And you just tiki taka your opponent to death.

Pennywise

Hummels.
Great person who knows how privileged he is with his job.

Only players I've ever been disappointed in losing were Ronaldo and Stam, and that's because we lost them when they were still great players.

The rest we've usually been rid of when they dried up and weren't good enough any more.

In fact up til recently we haven't been doing that enough, hence the mass exodus/catharsis.

Ruud and Beckham were still very good players. Ruud hurt me a lot because he's my favourite player of all time. Fuck you Fergie.

Clegg

Only players I've ever been disappointed in losing were Ronaldo and Stam, and that's because we lost them when they were still great players.

The rest we've usually been rid of when they dried up and weren't good enough any more.

In fact up til recently we haven't been doing that enough, hence the mass exodus/catharsis.
I'd say Beckham too. Only 27 when we sold him and he went on to have a few good seasons with Madrid. I know that opened up a space for Ronaldo but we still lost a world class player and replace him with someone who took three years before we started seeing the best from. Those three seasons were also our worst in the PL era until last seasons shocker.

We also sold Beckham for a pittance. Could've gotten at least 10m more. A right pisser that was.

Hummels.
Great person who knows how privileged he is with his job.

Don't know if I'd really be devastated if Hummels left to be honest. He's been with us for 7 years in January and has been terrific. If he says "I wanna see a different country" in 2 years and joins Barca/Real or something, I'd be really happy for him.

Sure, I'd be sad but not really devastated.

I'd say Beckham too. Only 27 when we sold him and he went on to have a few good seasons with Madrid. I know that opened up a space for Ronaldo but we still lost a world class player and replace him with someone who took three years before we started seeing the best from. Those three seasons were also our worst in the PL era until last seasons shocker.

We also sold Beckham for a pittance. Could've gotten at least 10m more. A right pisser that was.

Agree on Beckham. After that not counting Ronaldo our wing has been shit too

And RVN.I fucking loved him.

Hixx

77518954_noses_74746b.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Out of the current lot, considering Welbeck has gone and he was the one I least wanted to lose, has to be De Gea or Januzaj.

Not much else to love in this United team unfortunately. Mata is lovely but needs to do stuff on the pitch now. Di Maria will be great. Blind has potential to be Park like cult hero. Shaw is as fat as me so I identify.

L1NETT

James Hanson or Davies

But Davies is injured loads and we are gonna have to sell Hanson or face administration again

thanks Cleverley

prick

Jack cw

I'm watching the PK right now and he seems so calm. Almost annoyed. I hope it's just because of the press and not because of Bayern in general.

He is always like that. He already thinks about City and our non existing midfield. I bet Sport1 already writes an article about Bayern saying that they read in his face he'll quit next week.

Blablurn

He is always like that. He already thinks about City and our non existing midfield. I bet Sport1 already writes an article about Bayern saying that they read in his face he'll quit next week.

lol Hopfner just made fun of catalonias independance. i hope pep didnt understand that :D

Gambit

You read his book as well? For German Bayern-Gaf I can really recommend it. It's very interesting and no a biography as I initially feared.

The author does repeat himself a tad often, but it's great to get a sense for Pep's ideas.

Tc91

Is it true that he told his assistant in 2011 when visiting Old Trafford that he can see himself managing United one day?

3 years of Gaal setting everything up then total domination under Pep.

#WelcomePep.

Blablurn

Is it true that he told his assistant in 2011 when visiting Old Trafford that he can see himself managing United one day?

#WelcomePep.

It's definitely his big dream to coach in England.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pep is a certified pussy, he won't manage Junited if LVGoomba flops

Unless they win a treble and LVG quits/dies.

Jack cw

You read his book as well? For German Bayern-Gaf I can really recommend it. It's very interesting and no a biography as I initially feared.

The author does repeat himself a tad often, but it's great to get a sense for Pep's ideas.
It's an incredible book if you care for tactical insight and general interest in Bayern.
There are some weak parts of course and United becomes City and SC Freiburg is FC Freiburg and all but thats maybe lost in translation. The reveals and how the staff reacted to last season is incredible. Apparently Xavi and Alonso should have joined in winter but Bayern rejected the idea to cancel Schweinsteigers contract because of his injuries. Pep pls.

#WelcomePep.

Thats what the book says. Yes. But it also says that his assistant said that they (Pep and him) could stay in Munich way longer than those 3 years.

FootballFan

#WelcomePep.

He will do so soon. He will win a few more titles with Bayern first.

People will claim he took over an already complete team and Gaal + Moyes did all the work. But deep down, they will know, as they all do. They will know who is responsible for Glory Glory ManUnited's return to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom