• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Baker over Okore? Wes please.

Okore hasn't played a competitive minute since his injury. Probably best to ease him in instead of at Anfield.

I'd rather take a guaranteed loss away to Liverpool and not have Okore crocked for another 6 months.

jts

...hate me...
The Colombian women cyclist uniform ...

mrXXOHs.jpg

Andres pls
what the fuck

no, seriously

sohois

I defended Pardew a fair few times in the past, and often feel that Newcastle fans in particular underrate his achievements there, but he's surely gonna go now. You can't really blame Newcastle if he does go, even if I think firing a manager after 4 games is idiotic the numerous off pitch issues are enough to warrant a sacking. I do wonder who they would hire after. I guess they might try and pull a Pocchetino and pluck some lesser known foreign manager, but it could easily end up in a Pepe Mel instead.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watched the game in a pub in Cyprus, such an annoying game to draw. Two amazing shots against the bar from Dembele and Lamela and a ref who was too afraid to give us anything. Promising signs though, we showed an impressive work rate and if Ade weren't knackered due to the international break we'd have beaten them easily.

anthonyOA

I'm pretty calm about spurs. We're playing well under Potch, but simply can't catch a break. When our one senior striker is off his game it puts huge pressure in the kids to score. Spurs needed a striker in the window and it's hurting us now (look at the other teams strikers). I'm patient enough to wait though. Is Levy?

longdi

Banned
Tried him in all sorts of different roles. He was still scoring/assisting but he was özil'ing for the rest of the game each time.

barca slow ass boring tiki-taka killed cesc.
ironically i think cesc would do better in today's faster and more direct barca.

Scum

Watched the game in a pub in Cyprus, such an annoying game to draw. Two amazing shots against the bar from Dembele and Lamela and a ref who was too afraid to give us anything. Promising signs though, we showed an impressive work rate and if Ade weren't knackered due to the international break we'd have beaten them easily.

Cyprus, eh? For how long??

I'm pretty calm about spurs. We're playing well under Potch, but simply can't catch a break. When our one senior striker is off his game it puts huge pressure in the kids to score. Spurs needed a striker in the window and it's hurting us now (look at the other teams strikers). I'm patient enough to wait though. Is Levy?

Time to start Kane more.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Cyprus, eh? For how long??

Time to start Kane more.

Flying back tomorrow.

Kane was unlucky today, he should have come on much earlier. He'll start on Thursday so hopefully he forgets this mistake quickly. He can be a big weapon for us.

Socreges

Banned
One more try...

Footy-GAF:

I'm buying a new pair of cleats in a few hours. Will be the first time where I'm not looking to keep it under $100 (US/CDN)!

For those here that play, any recommendations for a mid-tier boot that's fairly durable and has good control? Firm Ground cleat is best.

One more try...

Footy-GAF:

I'm buying a new pair of cleats in a few hours. Will be the first time where I'm not looking to keep it under $100 (US/CDN)!

For those here that play, any recommendations for a mid-tier boot that's fairly durable and has good control? Firm Ground cleat is best.

I guess all us inactive swines in here, don't know much about this stuff. I'm good at watching football though sorry.

Scum

Going to order from Dominos.

One more try...

Footy-GAF:

Don't really know much about this stuff. Sorry I can't help. :-(

One more try...

Footy-GAF:

Just go to a Nike or Adidas store. They have so many different versions for different ground types that you are bound to find a good pair. I think Nike's boots designed for control are called ctr360 or something.

Pennywise

One more try...

Footy-GAF:

Really liked these from Addidas.
Friend of mine loaned these to me when I was playing with some friends over the summer.
Overall a good feeling and good control.

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Predator-Absolado-Instinct-Ground/dp/B00H39ETLW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1410626188&sr=8-3&keywords=adidas+predator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom