• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
for a bank job you need 3 years of apprenticeship here in germany. and i dont wanna do this anymore. im done with studying.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this one. I'm jealous of you because you're still studying.

I really don't know what to do lately.

I friend of mine from high school was as lazy as i was. But for some reason he managed to create a career.

And I just graduated and I'm like: wtf shall i do?

since in an office all day and do computer stuff

You would hate what I do.

Work part time with US company 30 hours a week approx.
Work in Business 24 hours a week.

Move to US for chill jobs

Blablurn

You would hate what I do.

Work part time with US company 30 hours a week approx.
Work in Business 24 hours a week.

Move to US for chill jobs

That's a lot. Damn. May I ask why u need two jobs?

I probably just need a kick in the butt.

I told myself to send out a couple of CV this weekend.

Phlebas

Banned
for a bank job you need 3 years of apprenticeship here in germany. and i dont wanna do this anymore. im done with studying.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this one. I'm jealous of you because you're still studying.

I friend of mine from high school was as lazy as i was. But for some reason he managed to create a career.

since in an office all day and do computer stuff

What's your degree in?

I work 50-55 hours a week on average now at my current job, pay is good but the work is soul sucking.

Pennywise

I don't like it though.
I would love to study what I want, something like history...
That doesn't create big opportunities though, so I'll stick to my current plans and maybe I'll get an office job somewhere.

I tried to applicate for the city before I went to the university, that's an awesome job, but sadly the entrance exam was hard.
After that I tried the local energy supplier, was second from 250 applicants...

I've got nearly no ambition and without my girlfriend I would most likely get an job on an assembly line working night shifts....

Blablurn

I don't like it though.
I would love to study what I want, something like history...
That doesn't create big opportunities though, so I'll stick to my current plans and maybe I'll get an office job somewhere.

I tried to applicate for the city before I went to the university, that's an awesome job, but sadly the entrance exam was hard.
After that I tried the local energy supplier, was second from 250 applicants...

I've got nearly no ambition and without my girlfriend I would most likely get an job on an assembly line working night shifts....

that sucks :( but yeah, ambition is a big thing. im the first one in my family who actually graduated from college. not sure what drove me but if i hadnt done this i might have a normal work like anyone else. maybe even in some assembly lines.

i dont know. my dream is to go to china and work there but i need a financial foundation for that which i dont own

i just went on 9gag. fuck them for knowing my life

NUp1SFB.png

Pennywise

that sucks :( but yeah, ambition is a big thing. im the first one in my family who actually graduated from college. not sure what drove me but if i hadnt done this i might have a normal work like anyone else. maybe even in some assembly lines.

i dont know. my dream is to go to china and work there but i need a financial foundation for that which i dont own

i just went on 9gag. fuck them for knowing my life

Same here.
The ambition set in when I did my Abitur (finished it two years ago, because I was a lazy cunt in my teens).
People and teachers were praising me and really set up big expectations...

Obviously I want to achieve something, I just don't want a job that dictates my life and is something I don't enjoy.

Loool, well the assembly line stuff was something I was dreaming of when I was 16.
I'm usually someone that is awake at night and nightshifts get paid pretty good.

Now when I graduate, I want something to fed a family with and maybe a bit extra.
Maybe my girlfriend will show more ambition and I can take care of the children later while she works.

Well I can now move onto both computer science or different types like casual office work or something more specific.

Simone+Zaza+Roma+v+Sassuolo+Calcio+Serie+l-FniC2ffjnl.jpg

Yo Berardi, what you got? Time for you to step up like Zaza did last night.

I jizz a little every time I think about this current crop of Italian under 24s. It is the most talented since the mid 90s Golden World Cup Generation.

spidye

The best decision in my life was to go to university.

I have my dream job now. My only advice to anyone who doesn't know what to do with his life is to go to university. Especially if you live in austria or germany where university is basically free.

I'm kinda disappointed, Penny.

You should have pissed everyone off, taken the shaming and called it something like "|OT5| Shinji has been freed".

Blablurn

Same here.
The ambition set in when I did my Abitur (finished it two years ago, because I was a lazy cunt in my teens).
People and teachers were praising me and really set up big expectations...

Obviously I want to achieve something, I just don't want a job that dictates my life and is something I don't enjoy.

Loool, well the assembly line stuff was something I was dreaming of when I was 16.
I'm usually someone that is awake at night and nightshifts get paid pretty good.

Now when I graduate, I want something to fed a family with and maybe a bit extra.
Maybe my girlfriend will show more ambition and I can take care of the children later while she works.

Well I can now move onto both computer science or different types like casual office work or something more specific.

i understand all those points :( hopefully you can achieve your dreams, bro!

i hate the fact that im so jealous sometimes. a friend of mine who did a simple 'ausbildung' is doing all those vacations and travels lately. she works at a normal bank. even failed to do the promotion route which you can take if you wanna go for higher ranks.

and yet.

still more happy than i am.

i felt so proud when i graduated in june but im feeling more and more clueless.

Gorlak

Banned

Oh come on, suck it up Blaburn.

Stop bitching and whining about your life! DO SOMETHING!

You graduated, that's great!

Now go out and apply for jobs or even praktika if you have no clue. But don't just sit at home looking for answers in a videogame forum.

Get shit done, crying won't help.

Blablurn

Oh come on, suck it up Blaburn.

Stop bitching and whining about your life! DO SOMETHING!

You graduated, that's great!

Now go out and apply for jobs or even praktika if you have no clue. But don't just sit at home looking for answers in a videogame forum.

Get shit done, crying won't help.

Yep. Yep. You're right. I hope I get something.

Elchele

I don't even know if I'll get to work in advertising when I graduate in 3 years. I actually would prefer to start a small business of my own, something I can enjoy

Feorax

Sturridge injured on international duty (again...).

Seems to be where he picks up most of his knocks these days.

Carbonox

Self-movitation can be challenging and it doesn't help if you're mind is a minefield of thoughts and "what if I do this or that". Focus is key to success. Stop forcing yourself to think up routes for you to take as you'll just go down the rabbit hole and never get anywhere. Take a step back and lay out what you've done in your life so far, be it education-wise or career-wise, and then draw up a rough plan of how they can help you succeed in a career environment if that's what you're aim is.

Whatever you want to do there typically has to be some sort of basis or foundation for that. It's tough to jump in to something completely unrelated to what you've been doing for so long without some form of experience, know-how or guidance for it.

To those who are on the fence about their futures, chill. Relax. Summarize what you've done and work from there.

Stop doubting yourselves also. That shit will kill you and your motivation.

Self-movitation can be challenging and it doesn't help if you're mind is a minefield of thoughts and "what if I do this or that". Focus is key to success. Stop forcing yourself to think up routes for you to take as you'll just go down the rabbit hole and never get anywhere. Take a step back and lay out what you've done in your life so far, be it education-wise or career-wise, and then draw up a rough plan of how they can help you succeed in a career environment if that's what you're aim is.

Whatever you want to do there typically has to be some sort of basis or foundation for that. It's tough to jump in to something completely unrelated to what you've been doing for so long without some form of experience, know-how or guidance for it.

To those who are on the fence about their futures, chill. Relax. Summarize what you've done and work from there.

Stop doubting yourselves also. That shit will kill you and your motivation.

Do you want to be our leader

Pennywise

i understand all those points :( hopefully you can achieve your dreams, bro!

i hate the fact that im so jealous sometimes. a friend of mine who did a simple 'ausbildung' is doing all those vacations and travels lately. she works at a normal bank. even failed to do the promotion route which you can take if you wanna go for higher ranks.

and yet.

still more happy than i am.

If everything fails, we can still open a restaurant.

Great piece on Rooney by Barney Ronay

He basically says everything I could want to on the Rooney situation but with less invective.

Whereas from a sober perspective he looks more like a source of slight sadness right now. Enter: the Wazza Paradox. Here is a footballer who has been elevated to the pinnacle of what he could reasonably hope to achieve – captain of club and country – at precisely the stage in his career when he is no longer able to fulfil with genuine distinction either function. In mechanical terms it seems fairly clear what has happened. Rooney has in the past two years lost the vital twitch of explosives that underpinned so much of his effectiveness . With it has gone the quick-footed dribbling, the ability to create a gap from which to shoot so wonderfully from distance. Above all he has lost that sense of absolute joyful certainty in his own powers, reduced instead at times to whirling about fretfully between the lines like a dying crab, eyes fogged with grit, gargling brine and scurf, pincers snapping at empty air.

Is any of this Rooney’s fault? He has undoubtedly been caught smoking once too often (once is too often). Beyond this he is perhaps just unfortunate not to have been born with a different physique, the rangy, long levered type that simply seems to run on and on, as opposed to his own endomorphic power-doughnut template. It has, let’s face it, been a long, hard 12 years at the sharp end for a player whose career was always likely to be a sprint rather than an endurance event.

If there is a more tangible source of frustration it is perhaps in the failure to develop a set of contingency skills, a deeper texture to his game that might sustain him in diminished maturity. There has been talk of a move into midfield, but as pointed out this week there is some doubt at United that Rooney’s close-range passing is up to it, his short game suitably refined. And so he has continued – in the classic English style – to carry on playing exactly the same way just with a fatally reduced sense of mobility, as though this is all just a temporary interruption, a blip.

Beyond this there is a simple case of weariness here. Rooney’s flaws – the snarls, the trapped energy, the slot-mouthed mid-match TV closeup – have soundtracked the bad times too often. At its best sport is all about that endlessly seductive capacity for renewal and fresh dawns, but Rooney has presented something more realistic and familiar over the years, a sense of an entire adult life lived in miniature, form that brilliantly vital teenager who juggled the ball on the pitch against Turkey to this careworn England captain with all his flaws and omissions and fading reach: a living breathing reminder that every life is to a degree a matter of controlled youthful explosion followed by a levelling out and reckoning up, measuring the outer reaches of talent and possibilities, shadowed always by that sense of having meant, somewhere along the way, to do it all very differently, to have climbed higher, run further, that this was not – no, not this – what you meant to say at all.

Great stuff.

TeddyBoy

Sturridge injured on international duty (again...).

Seems to be where he picks up most of his knocks these days.

Hopefully he'll be back soon, in the mean time Balo will have to have to be the main man and we'll just try to manage.

Draconian

I'm so glad we didn't end up signing Rooney last season. Yeah, he would've been a better first choice striker than Eto'o, but we probably wouldn't have gone and signed Costa if he were in the squad. It worked out well in the end.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I honestly just think Rooney loses his desire incredibly quickly, he was playing great when he wanted his contract, hopefully a few sits on the bench will make him prove a point again.

I honestly just think Rooney loses his desire incredibly quickly, he was playing great when he wanted his contract, hopefully a few sits on the bench will make him prove a point again.

This is what it looks like.

Or he is unhappy with 1 thing and it kills him or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom