• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eero Markkanen, striker 6 goals in 16 matches in the Swedish league, 23 years old from Finland... Bought by Madrid this year and now in their champions league squad.
KuGsj.gif

I guess they realized Hernandez qualities.

This one however, no doubt real

@paddypower · 38m
Gary Cahill insisting England players can learn a lot from Rooney.
"He's taught us a lot about moaning and sulking until you get more money"

I don't know how those guys keep coming up with this stuff. It's 24 hour 'lolsome banter' from those guys, they're off the hook.

I still can't believe Cesc Fabregas is only 85.

That's pretty bullshit when he's currently at his prime.

But Xavi and Iniesta? I can see them somewhere at that level this year. Or less

Just edit the player and play offline

Like i do

RVP: 100
Rooney: 100
Carrick: 90
Valencia: 95

Pass to Carrick->Valencia->Rooney/RVP->Score!

FUCK YEA

It's the UT factor he is gonna get a shed loads of IF's this season he got one on his debut lol.

Kassu

Banned
Eero Markkanen, striker 6 goals in 16 matches in the Swedish league, 23 years old from Finland... Bought by Madrid this year and now in their champions league squad.
KuGsj.gif

I guess they realized Hernandez qualities.
At least he's better than Pukki.

Hope he helps us qualify for Euros.

They really just look at popularity and recent transfer values and pick numbers based on that, don't they.

according to them the stats are decided by the fans of the teams which the players play on which sounds like utter bullshit.

They have this online thing, where people can contribute to the stats and try and convince the "main researchers" who I am fairly sure are also just doing it for free and as a side thing, that stats needs to be changed. Problem is the main guys in charge of that are also fucking idiots. Elsk linked it to me some years ago, as they needed people for the Danish league and I just got accepted, the main guy for the Danish league kept refusing to make Cornelius better, despite him being the easily best Copenhagen forward, while other completely trash forwards who couldn't get games were rated higher, made me so angry that I stopped bothering lol.

Hixx

Must be really difficult getting tickets for away games. I understand why it's the case, but always disappoints me that I can't get tickets to go see us play QPR or West Ham in London as easily as I can at home. Like I say, I know why that is and obviously season ticket holders should have priority, but it just works out so much cheaper than me having to get trains and accommodation if they're night matches and whatnot. Going to see us play Bayern probably cost me 150-200 quid when I factored in food and drink and shit.

It's the worst, especially this year as they've changed it to be on individual points rather than an average of those who applied in your group (iirc).

I can't travel very far (north west is about my limit) due to my knees and transport not being kind on them but obviously the closer the games are to the north east the harder to get tickets it is. I'd have to go to London (or further...) games to build up enough points but I can't. Going to Wembley fucking destroyed my knees for about a week.

They're giving loyalty points for home cup ties this year so I should be able to get a few but so will everyone else ;_;

-

Newcastle should stop buying players called 'de Jong'. Their new one is injured "for a number of months". Oops.

Our marketing/PR department is trying way too hard to please Dat Asian Market.

Klopp decided to play a test match against our U23 team, Gündogan (HUGE step) and Kuba played 35 minutes after their injuries and Shinji scored a goal. They put up a series of pics on Facebook, 16 in total, no Kuba or Gündogan pic, Shinji is in the centre of every single one :loool

K1LLER7

Klopp decided to play a test match against our U23 team, Gündogan (HUGE step) and Kuba played 35 minutes after their injuries and Shinji scored a goal. They put up a series of pics on Facebook, 16 in total, no Kuba and Gündogan pic, Shinji is in the centre of every single one :loool
Hope Gundagon can regain pre injury fitness and form. Injuries ruin way too many top talents.

Imo, the way Gundagon was playing, he'd have been top 3 midfielders in the world at this time. Fuck injuries.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Only 10 hours till Brazil Columbia

Pennywise

Klopp decided to play a test match against our U23 team, Gündogan (HUGE step) and Kuba played 35 minutes after their injuries and Shinji scored a goal. They put up a series of pics on Facebook, 16 in total, no Kuba or Gündogan pic, Shinji is in the centre of every single one :loool
Gotta milk that excitement.

F5W1IeP.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arsenal going in on the free agents aswell and signing Mario Yepes (central back)?

Mastadon

Banned
Why would he feign injury for a qualifier but not for a friendly?

Also, nice to get the first Balotelli made up bullshit rumour out of the way, the floodgates are open.

The Mirror have still put an article up with the headline "Balotelli involved in moment of controversy."

The actual text says:

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been involved in his first moment of controversy since last month's £16million move to the club.

The 24-year-old, playing in a behind-closed-doors game, was involved in a 50/50 challenge with Wolves' George Saville.

However, reports on social media of a headbutt or stamp are untrue.

So controversial.

Scum

I haven't played FIFA in years. Had FIFA '12 but never bothered that much with it. Is FIFA '15 going to be all that?

K1LLER7

His stats look good he could do with being a bit stronger but that's a nice card.

I won't be playing FUT this year, will poem my starter packs but that's it.
Most of the stats mean very little in FIFA. Players with speed will most likely always have an advantage over slower players. Especially when playing online, everybody just seems to play the lob pass over the defenders. Thats why I only play fast CBs or play fullbacks at CB instead.

I first played UT in this years FIFA 14. Won't be playing it in 15 though.

K1LLER7

I haven't played FIFA in years. Had FIFA '12 but never bothered that much with it. Is FIFA '15 going to be all that?
This years is all about "Emotional Intelligence" lol.

They'll tweak a few things, but still fail to fix up corners and specifically defending from corners.

Clubs was the best thing about FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom